Options

New book: Pearl Jam Fans book: a Journey through Pearl Jam Fandom

RiffraffRiffraff Posts: 33

There is a new book coming out by Olga Zadedyurina about the essence of Pearl Jam fandom through a documentary photo project.  The crowdfunding campaign for the book has just opened on Kickstarter. The book covers tours from 2014 to 2022. I have been really looking forward to this book. I first heard about the book from a fellow fan in the queue at the airport going home from the Amsterdam 2022 concert.

The book goes into covering different moments of touring: from anticipation of tour announcements to securing tickets, lining up for prime spots to get closer to the stage, getting to the show and up to the moment right after the show and also contains portraits of fans.

The following shows from three tours were covered:

• Milan, Trieste, Vienna (2014)
  • Rome, Berlin, London, Chicago (2018)
  • Imola, London, Vienna, Prague, Amsterdam (2022)

More info about the book:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1251783036/pearl-jam-fans-book-a-journey-through-pearl-jam-fandom

Comments

• Options
    rafa1rafa1 Posts: 7
    This sounds very interesting and a great project to get all aspects of being a PJ fan into a book format. Hopefully a lot of PJ fans will support this work
  • Options
    @rafa1 Exactly. The book seems to cover the multiple aspects of being a PJ fan really well.
    The screenshots from the book on the Kickstarter page look great.

Also I was at the Rome and Amsterdam concerts covered in this book so I am definitely backing this.
  • Options
    rafa1rafa1 Posts: 7
    I was at the Rome and Amsterdam concerts as well 👌🏽 Great concerts and great memories!
    Check out the podcast from the author of the book also - just released. Find it here:
    https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/olga8069/episodes/About-the-book-e2hf6kl
  • Options
    @rafa1 Thanks a lot for the heads-up  about the podcast. It gives good background information about the authors perspective to the book.
  • Options
    Nice review of the book from Rob Bleetstein, producer of Pearl Jam Radio

“Olga came to capture the Pearl Jam fan experience as an ‘outsider’, but you’d never know it by the fine mix of photos and text 
    that wonderfully convey the passion, emotions, dedication and love this global community possesses. 

As someone who’s been seeing the band since 1993 and has traveled the globe doing so, 
    this book is a great snapshot of the PJ fan experience in the most recent era in the band’s storied history”