Options

Verizon text messaging at yesterday's show.

Comments

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Tonight I'm going to text, 'Stone, please don't ever sing again.'
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Sorry that I can't sit here 24/7 like some of you do.

I hope you don't think you are offending me with this....

...it was your txt msg what was unnecessary.... :rolleyes:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Sorry that I can't sit here 24/7 like some of you do. I really only come here when they tour. Some of you people really need to lighten up a bit. It's a fucking text message. It's not like I threw something on stage that nearly hit someone. Oh that's right. When that happens the person gets defended and security is the asshole. I think some of you need to get your priorities in order.

You have a point there. I don't understand why someone should get away with throwing something on stage. That's pretty ridiculous. Security did the right thing.

But still, Boom is the man. Love Boat Captain or LROM wouldn't sound quite the same without him.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    Sorry that I can't sit here 24/7 like some of you do. I really only come here when they tour. Some of you people really need to lighten up a bit. It's a fucking text message. It's not like I threw something on stage that nearly hit someone. Oh that's right. When that happens the person gets defended and security is the asshole. I think some of you need to get your priorities in order.

The thing is, it's not like you wrote "Boom sucks Donkey Dick" or anything like that. People have to lighten up. What do they expect when they have something like this for 20,000 people who've probably been drinking.

I'm sure Boom is upset, but with the proper support, I am sure he will be able to get over this rough patch in his life.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    No.
    But you've kind of let us all know who you are now.

So...I'll say it again.

Nice Job Asshole

Why are you taking this so seriously? And btw, the action is not remotely comparable to pissing in the aisle..Some laughed at the comment and/or at the expense of the sender..so what? No big deal..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    What I don't understand is why they put yours up there. I sent "It's all Stone's fault" and they didn't put it up. THAT is a joke, not what you said. I also sent "Play hold on pussies." They didn't put that one up either.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    The Champ wrote:
    Tonight I'm going to text, 'Stone, please don't ever sing again.'
    Or 'that was me who just pissed on the back of your leg' :D

or 'can somebody bring a beer to *insert seat number here*' :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    :) or someone send me the number so I can text some messages :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    Please watch for my "Hey Gonzo1977, pull you big boy pants up and stop wahhhh'ing" text tonight

:D
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    I hope you don't think you are offending me with this....

...it was your txt msg what was unnecessary.... :rolleyes:

It wasn't aimed specifically towrds you, it was a general comment. The comment about Boom is one that is shared by many. It was a joke. Nothing more, nothing less, although I don't think he adds anything to the band. They did fine before him and would do the same if he was not there. Like I said before. People are throwing bottles and beenie babies on stage and that's defended. A text message is just that. A text message. It can not physically harm someone like a bottle or any other object can.
  • Options
    Or 'that was me who just pissed on the back of your leg' :D

or 'can somebody bring a beer to *insert seat number here*' :)

Damn Helen, good job!! I see your sense of humor is improving :)..Perhaps NYPJ1 should text and ask for his shirt back ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Please watch for my "Hey Gonzo1977, pull you big boy pants up and stop wahhhh'ing" text tonight

I'm going to throw '3inputchick' up there for the hell of it..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    The Champ wrote:
    I'm going to throw '3inputchick' up there for the hell of it..
    YAY!
    I'll say hello to you too!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Damn Helen, good job!! I see your sense of humor is improving :)..Perhaps NYPJ1 should text and ask for his shirt back ; )..
    :D 'can I've my shirt back' hmmm... I think that was done with a mullet last year by a certain hinny boy.

Or you could just text 'heineken helen says hi to everyone' :o:p especially cos it'll be my birthday after 7pm your time :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696

Please do...if you feel that it is "necessary".

I hope the band reads Biggest Waves text, sends Boom out to play a 28 minute unreleased organ song and then heads off to Boston.

"Thanks and Goodnight"

Wouldn't that be nice?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

Wow, you are quite the jackass!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    It wasn't aimed specifically towrds you, it was a general comment. The comment about Boom is one that is shared by many. It was a joke. Nothing more, nothing less, although I don't think he adds anything to the band. They did fine before him and would do the same if he was not there. Like I said before. People are throwing bottles and beenie babies on stage and that's defended. A text message is just that. A text message. It can not physically harm someone like a bottle or any other object can.

bottle and beenie babies throwing on stage... not cool either..

I'm not arguing that you should or not like boom, I wish In My Tree went back to the way it was and that Boom stayed away from that song... I like it better without him...

I'm not saying you should like him but what's the need to be a jerk about it?
    I just think your txt msg wasn't nice regardless or whether they see it or not...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Good Job Asshole !!
    You should be really proud of yourself for looking like a fucking ass clown in front of thousands of people. I'm sure both Boom and the Band enjoyed your intelligent comment.

Idiot.

are you serious? no one in that audience really gave a shit about those comments. are you really pissed off over a simple text message?
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    You all need to text msgs about the incredible things that Stone can do, like the thread that was on here. that would pass the time "constructively". :)
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    kh65 wrote:
    You all need to text msgs about the incredible things that Stone can do, like the thread that was on here. that would pass the time "constructively". :)

Totally unrelated, but sweet 10C number. In prior years, were you pretty much guaranteed a front row seat? I guess now you would be row 3?
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    If people are really offended by that text, how do you make it through life? If you are that bent about that how do react when someone says something about your kid, friend or whoever?

I personally found it hilarious, its something that i have thought since In My Tree was destroyed to fit in an organ solo.
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    senses of humor are majorly lacking here.....
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    1/2 Empty wrote:
    Wow! Your so cool! I am in awe of you.
    hahahaha
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    .... its something that i have thought since In My Tree was destroyed to fit in an organ solo.

As many others have thought as well. One point here. I'm not taking away from Booms talent. He's a fine key board player. I just don't think the band needed to add him is all. A lot of the songs have changed since his addition. In my opinion, for the worse.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696

Okay...I understand you don't like Boom or Boom's contribution to the band...so what.
    But why do you have to be such a dick about it?

What you did was insulting...it wasn't needed.

I don't know if you play an instrument, or play in a band, or have ever gone on tour...but that kind of shit actually does hurt; especially when you're out on tour for a month in the summertime working your ass off.

Just Imagine for a second being up there on stage and having some jackass send a message like that on the giant screen for everyone to read.

You may not believe it...but it is a job...and it can be difficult.

Boom's a good musician, he's earned his place in Pearl Jam and personally I think his contributions live and on record have been amazing.

He belongs on that MSG stage and he doesn't need some cocksucker punk kid in the crowd sending asshole messages about him on the screen.

You may has well have thrown a bottle.
  • Options

hahahahhahahahhahahah
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Okay...I understand you don't like Boom or Boom's contribution to the band...so what.

I don't know if you play an instrument, or play in a band, or have ever gone on tour...but that kind of shit actually does hurt; especially when you're out on tour for a month in the summertime working your ass off.

Just Imagine for a second being up there on stage and having some jackass send a message like that on the giant screen for everyone to read.

Boom's a good musician, he's earned his place in Pearl Jam and personally I think his contributions live and on record have been amazing.

He belongs on that MSG stage and he doesn't need some kid in the crowd insulting him.

wow. just wow.

No offense but have you talked to Boom about this and gotten his
    feelings on the subject?

come on, you really think the guy gives a shit about it?
    I lay you 50 to 1 odds that even if he saw the message, which I highly
    doubt he did, that he was laughing his head off about it.

seriously Francis, lighten up a bit.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

He belongs on that MSG stage and he doesn't need some kid in the crowd insulting him.

If you lived your life worrying what other people think about you, you would be pretty miserable. Why would you fixate on the few that dont like you and not the ones that like you?

Im sure if boom saw it he would have laughed. These people are professionals they know that people like & dislike them.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    .....he's earned his place in Pearl Jam and personally I think his contributions live and on record have been amazing.

Ok, that's your opinion and you're entititled to it, as am I.
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    He belongs on that MSG stage and he doesn't need some cocksucker punk kid in the crowd sending asshole messages about him on the screen.

Punk Kid? That's funny. If you only knew how old I was.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Good Job Asshole !!
    You should be really proud of yourself for looking like a fucking ass clown in front of thousands of people. I'm sure both Boom and the Band enjoyed your intelligent comment.

Idiot.

Honestly, that was my favorite one of the night. And I like Boom. But it's just a joke. You should probably lighten up.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do