Options

Finland and Sweden join NATO

2»

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,886
    edited February 26
    remove the parenthesis.  SWEDEN NOW A MEMBER......

Next up Ukraine!!!!!

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    mickeyrat said:

Next up Ukraine!!!!!

Excellent!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    mickeyrat said:

Next up Ukraine!!!!!

i haven't been following. how can ukraine get in in the middle of an actual war? wouldn't all the rest of the nato states have to defend ukraine and start a world war?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Next up Ukraine!!!!!

i haven't been following. how can ukraine get in in the middle of an actual war? wouldn't all the rest of the nato states have to defend ukraine and start a world war?

head of the EU said they are next. when that occurs of course is contingent on successful conclusion of the war.

rhetoric to be sure, but it sends a very strong signal....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Not having a referendum about this complete change in defense policy though, will always be a stain on the process and Swedish politicians. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Not having a referendum about this complete change in defense policy though, will always be a stain on the process and Swedish politicians. 

given the actions of Russia in the last 20 years, in Georgia, Chechnya, now Ukraine and likely the Baltics next, do you feel it was the right move? Referendum aside.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

given the actions of Russia in the last 20 years, in Georgia, Chechnya, now Ukraine and likely the Baltics next, do you feel it was the right move? Referendum aside.
    Not sure how I feel
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Not sure how I feel

well, I'm interested to know if/when you reach a decision...

• Options