Options

The bots and scalpers won in Philly and I'm so sad.

Aunt CherylAunt Cheryl Haddonfield, NJ Posts: 8
Any advice about how to get face value tickets for Philly?

I was shut out for fan club tickets for Philly. - some fans may know my nephew Peter who was in a wheelchair and Eddie sang to a few times, which was amazing. I tried to get Peter tickets and so did his sister Sarah. Since we didn't win the fan club lottery, we tried the TicketMaster presale. By the time we got in, the bots and scalpers were reselling tickets for $800 to $1200, even for the nose bleed, rafter seats. I don't understand why TicketMaster said it was preventing scalpers, but they were still earning $100s in fees for each transaction. I took a screenshot, but I can't share it here. 

I hope true fans scored great seats at face value prices and that they won over the scalper/bots. 

Peter is so excited to see PJ and I'm praying I hit the lottery so I have the cash to get him tickets. I am so disappointed, angry, annoyed. Sorry to vent

Comments

• Options
    jenjen5769jenjen5769 Posts: 108
    edited February 23
    I just saw two pop up for face in the ADA section for Philly night 1
  • Options
    Thank you. I'm going to look right now!!!!
  • Options
    I found the ADA tickets and I got kicked out. I'm going to try again. 

• Options
    Ticketmaster is the scalper. Why get one set of fees when you can get three? Crooks. Remember, they can end scalping whenever they want to.

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,407
    Bots and scalpers only win if people are willing to pay their prices. Once people figure this out and get over FOMO and scalpers stop making big financial gains the problem will lessen. 
  • Options
    Someone is scalping the ADA seats now. I'm going to try the box office during the week. I'm so disappointed that I couldn't help my nephew. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,050
    edited February 23
    Hi Aunt Cheryl. Don't give up. Stay vigilant. All the way til day of show. You'll get good/decent tickets for face value if you stay patient & resolute. Trust me :)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!