Options

Timeline on seat locations for North America dates

Any thoughts on when we might receive this news if a person gets through the lottery process successfully?

Comments

• Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,297
    The email says 19-21st

Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,201
    Anyone want to start a North America 2024 Tour topic? Reading how easy it is for international fans to get tickets to multiple shows is great yet a bummer for us living near MSG.

@darwinstheory you did a great job with the rumors page, any interest?
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 290
    Always amazing how many people don't read the email. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,912
    edited February 18
    Anyone want to start a North America 2024 Tour topic? Reading how easy it is for international fans to get tickets to multiple shows is great yet a bummer for us living near MSG.

Thanks! That thread was a cornucopia of fuckery! Covered damn near every topic under the sun. Pretty entertaining at times. But it was made a great thread thanks to Facemeltor!

Sure @Lerxst1992 - what exactly do you want the subject of the thread to be? Just how may and what shows people are awarded 10C tix for the NA tour?
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 278

Thanks! That thread was a cornucopia of fuckery! Covered damn near every topic under the sun. Prett entertaining at times. But it was made thanks to Facemeltor!

Sure @Lerxst1992 - what exactly do you want the subject of the thread to be? Just how may and what shows people are awarded 10C tix for the NA tour?
    Maybe membership# and seating location when we get them? 
  • Options
    Sorry if this has been asked…going to put in for Wrigley and was not sure if I should select both options for tickets (GA and P1 & P1) as it looks like it will allow you to select both. 

In the past I have gone reserve seats option as have a low # but not sure if doing both helps my odds or not. 

"words and music...keep me floating along" - Jeff Ament
    Tor 93 - Tor 96 - Barrie 98 - Tor 00 - Buffalo 03 - Tor 03 - Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Tor - 05 - Tor 06 - EV Massey Hall I & II Tor 09, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, Buffalo 10, Tor I & II 2011 - Hamilton 2011 - Vancouver 2011 - Wrigley 13 - Buffalo 13 - Ottawa 16 - Toronto I & II 2016 Fenway 2016 Night 2 - Wrigley 18 I & II - Hamilton & Toronto 2022
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,315
    Sorry if this has been asked…going to put in for Wrigley and was not sure if I should select both options for tickets (GA and P1 & P1) as it looks like it will allow you to select both. 

In the past I have gone reserve seats option as have a low # but not sure if doing both helps my odds or not. 
    If you only want seats, just select P1. Your odds of getting selected will likely be very high since Wrigley is huge (and seats will then be assigned by seniority). But if you don’t mind standing, you might also want to consider the GA option as well. 
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,010
    I'll be surprised if anyone requests Wrigley tickets and doesn't get them. There's a ton of tickets, plus theres a lot of prime east and west coast shows that will cause many normal Wrigley regulars to pass this time around.
  • Options
    steven87 said:

If you only want seats, just select P1. Your odds of getting selected will likely be very high since Wrigley is huge (and seats will then be assigned by seniority). But if you don’t mind standing, you might also want to consider the GA option as well. 
    steven87 said:

Thanks!  You don’t think by selecting GA and P1 it will reduce my chances of getting seats if I am not selected for GA?

"words and music...keep me floating along" - Jeff Ament
    Tor 93 - Tor 96 - Barrie 98 - Tor 00 - Buffalo 03 - Tor 03 - Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Tor - 05 - Tor 06 - EV Massey Hall I & II Tor 09, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, Buffalo 10, Tor I & II 2011 - Hamilton 2011 - Vancouver 2011 - Wrigley 13 - Buffalo 13 - Ottawa 16 - Toronto I & II 2016 Fenway 2016 Night 2 - Wrigley 18 I & II - Hamilton & Toronto 2022
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005
    steven87 said:

steven87 said:

Thanks!  You don’t think by selecting GA and P1 it will reduce my chances of getting seats if I am not selected for GA?
    The only way it will reduce your odds if you only select the GA/RES combo option and they mess up and dont put you in the RES draw if you lose out on GA. 

If you do not want GA do not put in for GA but it gives you better odds to into the show when you take into account how man GA tickets will be available on top of RES.
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,315
    steven87 said:

steven87 said:

No, selecting GA/P1 instead of just P1 will not reduce your chances of getting seats if you are not selected for GA. If you’re not selected for GA, you will then be put into the lottery for P1 seats (just as if you had only selected P1). Selecting GA/P1 gives you the best odds of getting into the building (although I still think your odds are very high, if not 100%, if you just select P1). 
  • Options
    Reads11Reads11 Indiana Posts: 101
    Have a quick question about ticket exchange. I'm not sure I can make Wrigley N1 but if I were to get Pit tickets I would figure it out. If I put in and get reserved I would want to just give them to someone here for what I paid but my question is how long does it take to adjust get tickets to be able to give them to someone? Didn't know if I'd have to hold onto them until a lot closer to the shore of if I'd be able to transfer pretty quickly. Really wish we still had the GA only option 
  • Options
    I'm very curious to see the formula they used for 1 show vs multiple shows, now that priority is no longer a thing.

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,453
    I'm very curious to see the formula they used for 1 show vs multiple shows, now that priority is no longer a thing.

Presumably all entrants for each show have an equal chance regardless of having been picked (or not) for any other show. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    SHZA said:

Presumably all entrants for each show have an equal chance regardless of having been picked (or not) for any other show. 

That's how I assumed it'll work.  Every show is treated as it's own independent draw.  Everyone has the same chance, regardless of what other shows they selected.

Could create inequality for larger demand shows.  Some people getting tickets to everything, and some people being completely shut out.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,316
    edited February 18
    Zod said:
    SHZA said:

That's how I assumed it'll work.  Every show is treated as it's own independent draw.  Everyone has the same chance, regardless of what other shows they selected.

Could create inequality for larger demand shows.  Some people getting tickets to everything, and some people being completely shut out.
    Not could create it already happened for some folks in EU/Aus.  Seen some clean house with golden circle for every show possible and some get nothing. 

Priority was a better system but I get it this is easier.  Not sure I find it morally ethical but it's easier.  Everyone who pays for 10c membership and tries for a handful of shows should always at least come away with something. it's the whole reason to have the membership. Priority made it possible (outside of the people who used to put in for GA only in the most ultra high demand shows)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    SHZA said:

Not could create it already happened for some folks in EU/Aus.  Seen some clean house with golden circle for every show possible and some get nothing. 

Priority was a better system but I get it this is easier.  Not sure I find it morally ethical but it's easier.  Everyone who pays for 10c membership and tries for a handful of shows should always at least come away with something. it's the whole reason to have the membership. Priority made it possible (outside of the people who used to put in for GA only in the most ultra high demand shows)

I agree, we're on the same page. I think priority was a good thing.  I'm sad to see it go.   I thought the goal of trying to spread out the tickets to as many fans as possible was a good thing.

I do find it odd they struggled to make it work.   The U2 sphere presale for it's fan club had priority, but I suppose you avoid the glitches by not allowing multiple shows.

Still there must be a way to make it work.  With U2, you prioritized dates, then chose the sections you would be willing to sit in.   Worked great.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    SHZA said:

I agree, we're on the same page. I think priority was a good thing.  I'm sad to see it go.   I thought the goal of trying to spread out the tickets to as many fans as possible was a good thing.

I do find it odd they struggled to make it work.   The U2 sphere presale for it's fan club had priority, but I suppose you avoid the glitches by not allowing multiple shows.

Still there must be a way to make it work.  With U2, you prioritized dates, then chose the sections you would be willing to sit in.   Worked great.
    Never won NYC draw, even with #1 priority. So, I guess my chances might be even less that I win this time. It is difficult living in a highly desired area of the country.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    SHZA said:

Never won NYC draw, even with #1 priority. So, I guess my chances might be even less that I win this time. It is difficult living in a highly desired area of the country.

I am a little surprised they don't play bigger venues there, like a baseball or football stadiums.  Given New York is the biggest city in the US, and they do stadiums in some of the other big markets.
  • Options
    I wish there was a website or email that had described all this in exhaustive detail. 
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,707
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    SHZA said:

I am a little surprised they don't play bigger venues there, like a baseball or football stadiums.  Given New York is the biggest city in the US, and they do stadiums in some of the other big markets.
    Or play more shows. If they did a mini residency of like 4 shows (a little like Phish), I bet they would still mostly sell out, but it wouldn’t be impossible to get tickets. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane