Options

Before Raging About Ticket Prices

Try to keep in mind that Ticketmaster did away with all those hidden and junk fees.  This was something the Biden administration pushed hard on in 2023.  Those extra and hidden fees that would pop up at checkout are now mostly built into the ticket cost.  

Comments

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,453
    Try to keep in mind that Ticketmaster did away with all those hidden and junk fees.  This was something the Biden administration pushed hard on in 2023.  Those extra and hidden fees that would pop up at checkout are now mostly built into the ticket cost.  
    They didn't do away with any fees; they're just disclosed differently. Last year the all in price including fees was about $160/ticket, this year it's $185. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    I think we're aware of it.   It's just that instead of advertising the pre-fee prices, when you click on most TM concerts now, it tells you the total, then when you go to order, it gives you the break down of where it all goes too.

I guess it would be interesting once the public onsale happens to see how much PJ gets to keep of the all in price.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,761
    My issue is more because I'm paying more for worse tickets. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.