Options

WEEN tickets - wishing it was all this easy

smagnus1smagnus1 Atlanta Posts: 29
For all my WEEN friends - and PJ since that’s why we’re here - today’s presale for tix was extremely easy and flawless for me. A link was posted from their announcement yesterday. This is the only “band” presale I know of. Tomorrow is the typical bullshit TM/LN presale if you have the right stuff(?.?) with general sales starting Friday. As a noob here and to the TC, is this how PJ shows used to work? Wishing the powers that be could pull something like this off for the upcoming PJ tour. 

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    grabbed asheville!  can't wait.

it sort of used to work that way here but the demand is at a much different level so you'd sit and refresh for an hour or more hoping you were lucky enough to get tickets.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    No - the Pearl Jam demand is higher. The only easy period was when you sent in postcards with money orders. The first tours where they sold through the site were still tough. I never missed out but there was definitely a grind/f5/slow site scenario for most if not all shows. (At least the ones I went for.)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,627
    Yeah, I'm guessing demand has a lot to do with the PJ struggles around this.  Ween is a band I really like but I don't know a whole lot of other who can appreciate 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    smagnus1smagnus1 Atlanta Posts: 29
    ComeToTX said:
    grabbed asheville!  can't wait.

it sort of used to work that way here but the demand is at a much different level so you'd sit and refresh for an hour or more hoping you were lucky enough to get tickets.
    I’ll also be in Asheville. Was hoping for a trip where we could possibly get PJ & WEEN within a few days of each other but doesn’t look promising. The wife is willing to travel for ween and I’m finally traveling for Pearl Jam since they hate Atlanta. And I get the two bands are on different scales as pjl44 said but man. Guess I’m just the old man wishing some things didn’t have to be so damn difficult. Good luck to all trying for PJ tickets coming soon. I’m trying to figure out if I’m going to Vegas or try for MSG