• Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    brianlux said:
    GB281198 said:
    brianlux said:
    GB281198 said:
    If don't have to stick to rock......
    https://youtu.be/HuJ9rNSImQA

As far as I'm concerned, you can play some Merle here any time! 
    The best country artist of all time IMO. So glad I got to see him live before he passed.
    So cool that you got to see Hag!
    I'm really bummed that I didn't get to see Merle play.  
    I got into country (classic, not the new modern stuff that Tom Petty called "Rock music with a fiddle", lol).  I saw Willie Nelson in May of 2005 and that show is on my list of all-time top favorite shows.  I also saw Johnny Cash and Family in April of '91, which was so great despite the fact that he seemed really tired.  He still gave it his all.
    Sadly, I missed seeing Waylon Jennings, and Ernest Tubb- some other favorites.  I should try to catch Emmylou Harris while I still can.

But yeah, Merle was so great!  I really enjoyed reading both his memoirs as well, especially the first one, Sing Me Back Home.  What a life!
    That's awesome you got to see Cash. I've seen Merle, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, and George Jones live but unfortunately didn't get to see Waylon or Cash. My dad got me into classic country music and we have been to a bunch of shows together. I don't care much for the current radio country either. If you're looking for a traditional sounding newer artist I recommend checking out Charley Crockett.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,302
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    goldrush said:
    Yes that’s one of my favorites 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    brianlux said:
    Poncier said:

Whoa trippy.  Like, scary trippy.  :lol:
    To this day I am trying to figure out why the hell a saxophonist was playing that type of music in this movie...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    brianlux said:
    Poncier said:

To this day I am trying to figure out why the hell a saxophonist was playing that type of music in this movie...
    It was the 80's and it was a movie about the teenaged Corey's hunting vampires. We don't try and figure things out in films like this, we just watch and marvel and await the inevitable Best Picture Oscar.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Poncier said:

I was waiting for this to appear
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    brianlux said:
    Poncier said:

Hey is that the same saxophonist that played for Tina Turner? This in back in the 80's. He always would play without his shirt, I gather to show off his muscles. It has to be him.

✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:
    How could I forget one of my all time favorite songs. Thanks Spotify and my funk 🎵 songs.....hard to believe this song is 50 years old....
    WAR.....City Country City

https://youtu.be/DZmeFGmiQDI

A little bit more from Fred Wesley &The Jb's....Watermelon Man
    https://youtu.be/6PGcN-J-tB4

✌️🎷
    I messed up with that extended choice of City Country City.  That version the sax to me is diluted. This the version I prefer....

https://youtu.be/jp6YN1llpiY

While looking up the correct version I came across this video.  It appears to be a tribute band called...
    THE LOWRIDER BAND playing CCC

https://youtu.be/9BPqkFaUGVk

Well done I think.

✌️😎👍
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    g under p said:
    brianlux said:
    Poncier said:

Hey is that the same saxophonist that played for Tina Turner? This in back in the 80's. He always would play without his shirt, I gather to show off his muscles. It has to be him.

✌️
    Yes same dude.  Tim Cappello.  He also played for Ringo Starr.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    GB281198 said:
    brianlux said:
    GB281198 said:
    brianlux said:
    GB281198 said:
    If don't have to stick to rock......
    https://youtu.be/HuJ9rNSImQA

As far as I'm concerned, you can play some Merle here any time! 
    The best country artist of all time IMO. So glad I got to see him live before he passed.
    So cool that you got to see Hag!
    I'm really bummed that I didn't get to see Merle play.  
    I got into country (classic, not the new modern stuff that Tom Petty called "Rock music with a fiddle", lol).  I saw Willie Nelson in May of 2005 and that show is on my list of all-time top favorite shows.  I also saw Johnny Cash and Family in April of '91, which was so great despite the fact that he seemed really tired.  He still gave it his all.
    Sadly, I missed seeing Waylon Jennings, and Ernest Tubb- some other favorites.  I should try to catch Emmylou Harris while I still can.

But yeah, Merle was so great!  I really enjoyed reading both his memoirs as well, especially the first one, Sing Me Back Home.  What a life!
    That's awesome you got to see Cash. I've seen Merle, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, and George Jones live but unfortunately didn't get to see Waylon or Cash. My dad got me into classic country music and we have been to a bunch of shows together. I don't care much for the current radio country either. If you're looking for a traditional sounding newer artist I recommend checking out Charley Crockett.

I'm not familiar with Charley Crockett.  Thanks for the tip!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Wille Nelson & Richard Pryor duet .....

https://youtu.be/7RUjb9zHh-A?si=L0-gUPBMrjet3e6B

I never knew Richard could play the Saxophone 🎷. 

✌️