Options

The Wire Tribute Thread

NashvillePJfanNashvillePJfan Posts: 594
Post here if you have fond memories of HBO's "The Wire."
I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217

I finished season 2 a few months back. Looking forward to season 3 one day. Is the show over and done?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

I finished season 2 a few months back. Looking forward to season 3 one day. Is the show over and done?

Yup. Season 5 wrapped up the series back in 08 I believe. I never saw it during its original run but went through the whole thing on DVD about 3 years ago. Great show! Definitely one of the best I've seen, if not the best. I feel like doing a rewatch sometime soon.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,255
    Just watching season 2 at the moment for the third time, this show really is the best that tv has to offer. Superb!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    actually just finished season 4 last night. will watch the season 5 in the next few weeks....so far, one of the best shows I've ever seen.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    JK_Livin wrote: »
    ^
    for some reason that thread did not work for me.

anyway, i watched about 4 episodes last night. it's so well done, it's not even fair. the most realistic show to ever appear on television.

hbo is running a marathon all weekend in hd for the first time. on demand too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    ^

anyway, i watched about 4 episodes last night. it's so well done, it's not even fair. the most realistic show to ever appear on television.

Yeah, I watched a couple episodes last night too....it was weird seeing it in HD. Such a great show...I really need to go back and re-watch that whole series.
  • Options
    ^

Yeah, I watched a couple episodes last night too....it was weird seeing it in HD. Such a great show...I really need to go back and re-watch that whole series.

no time like the present. i'm about 8 or 9 episodes deep at this point. what an incredible show.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I have watched the series all the way through 3 times. I am currently on season 3 of my fourth run through. My favorite show by far. Even if the ending got a little far fetched.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Love that show, although I wasn't a huge fan of the Seaport plotline
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Watched it almost all day yesterday. Season 3 is a good one.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »

Fell asleep right after the Avon/Stringer fight scene last night. Guess they will be a few episodes into 4 when I tune in tonight.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »

Fell asleep right after the Avon/Stringer fight scene last night. Guess they will be a few episodes into 4 when I tune in tonight.

Yeah, they ended season 3 last night at midnight. I saw the fight but fell asleep right before their balcony scene, was trying to stay up for that but couldn't do it.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    edited December 2014
    Definitely one of the best ever. It was my favorite show until I saw Deadwood.

I would post my favorite moments but don't want to give anything away. I will say season 1 was my favorite. The last couple were great as well.
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge wrote: »
    Definitely one of the best ever. It was my favorite show until I saw Deadwood.

ahhh...Deadwood. AWESOME!!!

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    what are your favorite seasons? I keep going back and forth between any of the first 4. I think I am leaning towards 4 only because they were able to pretty much reboot the show and manage to make it as good or better than it was in the first 3 seasons. all of the first 4 seasons were incredible though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Without a doubt the most realistic Police show ever put on TV. The Dope game in the first season was so dead on. They touched on things I thought only ghetto Police knew..
  • Options
    what are your favorite seasons? I keep going back and forth between any of the first 4. I think I am leaning towards 4 only because they were able to pretty much reboot the show and manage to make it as good or better than it was in the first 3 seasons. all of the first 4 seasons were incredible though.

I gotta go with the first I think, simply because like Homeland it was like nothing I had ever seen before. I hated 2 and stopped watching the first time through and now love that season. 4 is great too.

I think I would go.. 1,4,2,3,5. Two and 3 are interchangeable for me I think.
  • Options
    muskydan wrote: »
    Without a doubt the most realistic Police show ever put on TV. The Dope game in the first season was so dead on. They touched on things I thought only ghetto Police knew..

dead on

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    stayed up till 1:30 to finish the series last night. 5 is still my least favorite, but it's still really good. feels kinda rushed with it only being 5 episodes and all...

the scene where michael drops off his brother at his aunt's and dukie with those junkies is fucking heartbreaking.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    I’m on episode 1. This feels like the longest hour of my life. I assume this is one of those “stick with it, it gets better” shows? 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,514
    I’m on episode 1. This feels like the longest hour of my life. I assume this is one of those “stick with it, it gets better” shows?  
    Yup

Stick with it. It lives up to the hype. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    💯 
    First few are slow but they build up and it is on from there.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    alrighty, I'll trust you two (and juggler, who seems to salivate over the mere mention of this show)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,152
    This is probably my favorite show ever. The pace seems glacial at first (imagine watching it week to week), but it is truly great. Definitely moves at its own pace and will confound your expectations. That cast is fantastic and the dialogue superb.

I would recommend reading Homicide: Life on the Street after watching this show. David Simon, the show creator, wrote it. Good stuff. (Yes, it’s the basis for that other show!)
  • Options
    there's one young drug dealer in the beginning who I can't place. he looks like he's 12 years old, but I know he's a famous actor now. It's driving me nuts. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oh my god it's Michael B Jordan. HOLY CRAP
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,152
    You beat me to it. Yes, that’s him!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    The dialog of the show is everything. Just beautiful. The whole Snot Boogie analogy is a great start. Such a damn good show and those actors, amazing.
    It's a hopeless situation...