Options

Did Anyone Here Go To Slim’s?

Looking to find someone who was at the incredible Slim’s Cafe show where the band debuted the majority of the Vs. record. It’s a needle in a haystack find, but I was able to find someone who went to Unplugged last year, so I guess nothing is impossible. I’m looking to have a convo, potentially for the pod, to see if they can remember anything from 30 years ago.

any leads? Please let me know! Thanks!
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Clint Brownlee went if memory serves. He did the Vs 33 1/3 book and wrote about it. Might be willing to talk more! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Clint Brownlee went if memory serves. He did the Vs 33 1/3 book and wrote about it. Might be willing to talk more! 
    Nah he was at the San Francisco show in October. That episode was a long time ago lol
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• Options
    This one still hurts to this day. One of my friends knew someone at slims and found out about it a few hours before the show. Knowing I was a huge PJ fan, a few friends tried to find me but they couldn't and had to leave for the show. I heard about it after and wanted to jump out a window. Came back with drum stick, 2 picks, and Ed's bottle of wine.  
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,849
    Ugh. Lol. Grrrrrrr
  • Options
    Well shitballs. Only so much I can keep track of before it all gets crossed up. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 190
    I had a buddy that worked in a stock room of a Sony satellite office in San Rafael (Marin Co).  He called me about the secret show at about 4pm as I was planning to stay up all night to study for finals (just Jr. college so who cares right?).  Quite a religious experience if there ever was one...obviously I'm still lurking here 30 years later.  I was on the "rail" the entire show.  Remember it like it was yesterday.  Ed premiered his new haircut and something else...oh yeah their whole new album.  As amazing as the show was I remember being so disappointed that my favorite band had spent the last 3 months recording their album 5 minutes from my house and I had no idea.  I had missed my chance to somehow join the crew or band (maybe as a triangle player or a Bosstone dancer).  What could have been????
  • Options
    I had a buddy that worked in a stock room of a Sony satellite office in San Rafael (Marin Co).  He called me about the secret show at about 4pm as I was planning to stay up all night to study for finals (just Jr. college so who cares right?).  Quite a religious experience if there ever was one...obviously I'm still lurking here 30 years later.  I was on the "rail" the entire show.  Remember it like it was yesterday.  Ed premiered his new haircut and something else...oh yeah their whole new album.  As amazing as the show was I remember being so disappointed that my favorite band had spent the last 3 months recording their album 5 minutes from my house and I had no idea.  I had missed my chance to somehow join the crew or band (maybe as a triangle player or a Bosstone dancer).  What could have been????
    just sent you a DM!

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,849
    That dancer! So cool. You Def crossed paths with them. Good stuff
  • Options
    just sent you a DM!
    There you go! 
    www.cluthelee.com