Options

The Mats Tim ‘Let It Bleed’ reissue

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
Damn. The remix is so in your face! The bass and drums are so present, love how much reverb was taken off. Anyone else listen to it yet? 
www.cluthelee.com

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,658
    I don't think I've heard a remix change an album so much.  It's unbelievable lol.  

Even the lyrics are clearer to me now.  
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,820
    I'm really really really trying to hold out on this for awhile and see if the prices drop.  Tim is an all-time top-ten, desert island dis, must have LP for me and I keep hearing about how good the remix is but, dang!  I don't need or want the CDs or the other stuff.  I already have all their records, the original Tim sounds fine to me.  I've read every book and magazine article I can fine about the band (and have most of them), so I don't need the insert.  I wish this was just a single LP reissue with the new mix.  That I would buy, for sure.  And I'll probably get this one anyway, but I really hope the price drops.

Or will I have blown it and it will go up? Good gawd, I'll probably spring for it any day now.  :lol: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I love the OG Tim too. That’s what will always play in my head when I think of it. That being said, this remix is just amazing. Everything sounds fresh and the rhythm section jumps big time! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I love the OG Tim too. That’s what will always play in my head when I think of it. That being said, this remix is just amazing. Everything sounds fresh and the rhythm section jumps big time! 

Chris was good (later really hit his stride with Pleased to Meet Me) and a super fine human being. Tommy was and is just flat out marvelous.  That kid could play bass!   You might have me convinced I have to get this, lol!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Haven’t even made it to the expanded stuff yet either! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,323
    edited September 2023
    I love it. Don't see myself listening to the OG anymore.
    I still like the earlier "Can't Hardly Wait (Tim version)" more, though.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    Ryan_WFC said:

You mean Pleased to Meet Me version I think, yes?

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,658
    brianlux said:
    Ryan_WFC said:

https://youtu.be/7LceIOZvH7M?feature=shared

Best version. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    brianlux said:
    Ryan_WFC said:

https://youtu.be/7LceIOZvH7M?feature=shared

Best version. 

Ah, I see, yes, All for Nothing, Nothing For All !  That double CD set is SO GOOD!  I wish like crazy that would get a vinyl re-issue- at the very least the second disc.  Lot's of goodies there.  My favorite version of "All Shook Down" (the song) is on disc two.  Oh man!  And "Hey Bob, c'mon on in here and play guitar... like a Roooooooolling Pin", LOL! 
    Yeah, "Can't Hardly Wait" on there is killer, for sure.

• Options
    There are a number of Can't Hardly Wait versions on this reissue. Cool, but a tad excessive. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    There are a number of Can't Hardly Wait versions on this reissue. Cool, but a tad excessive. 

My favorite version is the one he did live on Saturday Night Live in (I think it was) '93.  (Can't find a video with sound though, rats!)
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,007
    brianlux said:

My favorite version is the one he did live on Saturday Night Live in (I think it was) '93.  (Can't find a video with sound though, rats!)
    Try this one 
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x89z1d

• Options
    Damn. That’s just amazing! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Hawk123 said:
    brianlux said:

Try this one 
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x89z1d

That works, thank you!  I taped it on my VCR the night it was aired but I've never gotten around to transferring that one and a million other music performances I taped off TV back in the day.
    I love the way Paul reacts at the end of the song, all big smiles.  He and the band nailed it, and that big thumbs up to the horn section is great.  Also, it seems I read somewhere that Charlton Heston was supposed to thank Westerberg at the end of the show and couldn't think of his name, so when Paul points to himself and then to the audience, he tells Heston, "That's OK, they know who I am."  LOL