Options

A substitite concert..whenever you can..

whitemosquitowhitemosquito Posts: 60
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Maybe it is rude..But there are some for which Venice was the only show they could have visited.

In another thread I wrote that my friend was missing..He is now found. He was injured..a tent with wooden construction fell on his stomach, but then flew away. He didn't have any bruises..so when the ambulances came..he didn't want to distract them from saving the others..although he did not feel good. He lost his phone (that's why I couldn't reach him) and then left the area (because we had to do it)..He then felt really sick..He got into the car..(he drove there alone) and decided to go home straight away. He is from Austria. He then was feeling even more sick..so in Ljubliana (that is a capital of Slovenia) he checked into the hotel. He throw up all night so they took him into the hospital..he had minor inside bleedings..He is now fine..I visited him at home in Austria yesterday..the first thing he said was: I only regret not seeing them.

For all of you that want to see PJ somewhere in that area (that is East Italy, Slovenia is right next, Austria too, Hungary would do but that is not SO close).. as a substitute concert..please post here. We won't be mad if they couldn't make it..and are gratefull that they came back in Europe..but some can't afford to travel all around..and I know we can make them NEVER forget it.

Let us show you Pearl Jam, why you came there for..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mali mujomali mujo Posts: 12
    me too
    count me in
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    We would all apreciate it very much, judging by the t-shirts there were 60-70% pj fans.
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    That would be super nice. ;)
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    I already expressed that opinion in other threads ("Heineken cancelled"), I agree with all of you (whitemosquito: glad your friend is ok).
    I was looking forward to the PJ show since I bought the ticket (around 2 months ago!), and all of us would really appreciate if PJ decided to set a substitute show.
    We are waiting for you!
  • Options
    oliver76oliver76 Posts: 3
    I bought the ticket for HJF 2007 on Febraury 2006!

I would love to see soon pearl jam. I saw them in Pistoia
    on Semptember 2006.

So i support this request.

I want to tell you about a petition:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/hjf_2007/

They ask to make soon a new concert with the bands
    not playing in Mestre (because of the storm) and that
    had only one concert in italy during the 2007 tour.

Oliver
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    good idea! However we finally chose Madrid instead of Venice ...I would love fans (who waited half a year) to get their PJ show no matter when but the sooner the better!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    RijekaRijeka Posts: 801
    just without all that shitty bands like MCR, LP etc before PJ :D
    Death or glory!

• Options
    michelamichela Posts: 12
    oliver76 wrote:
    I bought the ticket for HJF 2007 on Febraury 2006!

I would love to see soon pearl jam. I saw them in Pistoia
    on Semptember 2006.

So i support this request.

I want to tell you about a petition:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/hjf_2007/

They ask to make soon a new concert with the bands
    not playing in Mestre (because of the storm) and that
    had only one concert in italy during the 2007 tour.

Oliver

YESYESYES!!!
    veterans from venice all together against the storm, for a new concert!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfruttatemi/
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    Rijeka wrote:
    Absolutely, i think what we all have in mind is A night with Pearl Jam
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    elcieloelcielo Posts: 1,149
    i support this idea too!
  • Options
    Rijeka wrote:

Well, maybe The Killers could do support band... I wouldn't dislike..
  • Options
    My friend thanks for the well wishes..he isn't a computer type so I don't think he'll join the pit anyday soon..which is a pity because he is a fun guy.
    He says one more week and he'll be fit to join some concert ;) I'm so glad he is ok. If the PJ scedule (Shit that is a difficult word) another date - we'll find out soon.
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Oh, wow. So sorry your friend got hurt. I was lucky so were all my friends, none of us got hurt.

This is a good idea, but not sure if its gonna happen, tho. Would be nice.
    Hope your friend is getting better.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    mateo wrote:
    OK I don't wanna spread some lies but my friend from Italy wrote me a mail and he said that his cousin knows one of the guys that were deeply involved into this festival. And she told him that one of the groups was very worried and wanted to know the options of doing another show somewehere near. She didn't know which though. I will try to found out more.
    Gee, I hope that was Pearl Jam!!
    Lets cross out fingers and bump this thread. The other one (petition on the web) is huge already..

In Italy when we talk about "a friend that has a cousin, whose friend knows a guy, etc.."... well, normally that's bull*h*t.. but let's hope this thime it's true!
    We must have PJ back!
  • Options
    RijekaRijeka Posts: 801
    Well, maybe The Killers could do support band... I wouldn't dislike..

well, i mentioned just MCR and LP, so that means thumbs up for The Killers :)

I don't want to think about substitute show in Italy...Let it be, i need some kind of surprise these days :)
    Death or glory!

• Options
    potato girlpotato girl Posts: 474
    It would be great if they came back... Let's keep on hopin' in the free world... :D
    Just put a bend in the road, I'm growing tired of straight lines...
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    of course
    signed
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me