Options

The Price is Wrong, Bob!

2»

Comments

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    For a 24 hr Bob station, they just keep replaying seasons 11-13.
    Something is weird here.

Character Study may be on hiatus.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    watching bob barker tribute now. Everyone seems to think he was a great man.
    He may have fooled all of you................
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582
    edited September 2023
    Malroth said:
    he was a pervy old letch... but very good at hosting The Price is Right. That show used to be awesome... It just SUCKS with Drew Carey.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Malroth said:
    he was a pervy old letch... but very good at hosting The Price is Right. That show used to be awesome... It just SUCKS with Drew Carey.

I like Drew!!!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    PJ_Soul said:
    Malroth said:

100% on all counts. 

I've watched it with Drew. zero personality in the show. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    Malroth said:
    Early study suggests he is not a racist or homophobe,
    but probably sexist and definitely weightist.

My wife knows one of Barker's "girls" (her word) from the show who told her Bob Barker was a really nice man and great to work with.  Not sure why you assume "sexist".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Was he a bad dude?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Malroth said:

Please see my post above.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Also this woman who worked with  Barker is married to a relatively well know musician, someone I can't imagine would be married to someone working with a "perv."  Sometimes out assumptions are wrong and often times what you read in tabloids is utter bullshit.
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    it's not about tabloids or anything Brian (at least not to me). I know nothing of his personal life. it was the way he acted towards and interacted with the women on the show. the stuff he said. often very suggestive, sometimes outright cringy. 

however, back then, it was considered normal. we're using today's lens for yesterday's actions. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    it's not about tabloids or anything Brian (at least not to me). I know nothing of his personal life. it was the way he acted towards and interacted with the women on the show. the stuff he said. often very suggestive, sometimes outright cringy. 

however, back then, it was considered normal. we're using today's lens for yesterday's actions. 

Well, perhaps he was a creep back in the day.  I don't honestly remember.  But people can and do change and my understanding is that later in his life he was a nice man and pleasant to work with.  I'm also not real keen on all the judging that goes on.  I see so much of that these days.  Lotta judgement, lotta hate, all that shit going down.  A world a hostility.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    Right on b lux. Some president. I think Lincoln said 'I destroy my enemies by making them my friends" so cool if you can adopt that attitude. Not easy for everyone or every situation. But dig it.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Or maybe i read it in a fortune cookie.

Love you
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Or maybe i read it in a fortune cookie.

Love you

Don't forget to look for that winner number in your fortune cookie!  :smiley:

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Malroth said:

100% on all counts. 

I've watched it with Drew. zero personality in the show. 

bob definitely was better on price is right.  Drew was awesome on whose line is it anyway.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Well, perhaps he was a creep back in the day.  I don't honestly remember.  But people can and do change and my understanding is that later in his life he was a nice man and pleasant to work with.  I'm also not real keen on all the judging that goes on.  I see so much of that these days.  Lotta judgement, lotta hate, all that shit going down.  A world a hostility.

I agree with you....I never hated the man.....just saw a lot of the show and thought he was pretty creepy.....my wife has said the same of me.
  • Options
    Malroth said:
    brianlux said:

I agree with you....I never hated the man.....just saw a lot of the show and thought he was pretty creepy.....my wife has said the same of me.

LOL, I can't say my wife has ever said that about me.  Mostly I get things like, "Why do you always plash water all over the counter?" or "Would you please slow down!"  But she's also crazy about me.  Why that is, I really don't exactly know, haha!

• Options
    brianlux said:

I think it was just a sign of the times, honestly. it wouldn't surprise me if the producers didn't egg him on to be like that. look at Richard Dawson. you'd never get away with that shit now. but back then it bothered literally nobody. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Good point HFD.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Richard Dawson reincarnated as the head of Spain's Women's Soccer Program.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,487
    Everyone seems like they were into it.  :s

Richard Dawsons Nonstop Kissing on Family Feud Plays Differently in 2020   Decider
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

Richard Dawsons Nonstop Kissing on Family Feud Plays Differently in 2020   Decider
    My 85YO Uncle watches the old game shows and one of them is the Match Game.  The host kisses everyone, hand on their backs rubbing them, stuff you watch today and say wow.

The winners, female, would run over to hug and kiss the celebrity that helped them win.

Got another one for you.

Do any sports fans remember "The Kissing Bandit"  I remember watching this on TWIB notes...
    rbaseball - Nolan Ryan welcomes his visit from Morganna the Kissing Bandit 1985
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,247

Got another one for you.

Do any sports fans remember "The Kissing Bandit"  I remember watching this on TWIB notes...
    Morgana if I recall.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

My 85YO Uncle watches the old game shows and one of them is the Match Game.  The host kisses everyone, hand on their backs rubbing them, stuff you watch today and say wow.

The winners, female, would run over to hug and kiss the celebrity that helped them win.

Got another one for you.

Gene Raeburn? My favorite place to make whooopie is _______
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    Get_Right said:

Got another one for you.

Gene Raeburn? My favorite place to make whooopie is _______
    “in the butt, Bob”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13