Options

2007-06-09 Festimad, Madrid, ESP Setlist Thread

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    I think you're a nice guy, my comments weren't aimed at you!

It's not you. It was someone else who slammed me.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    ali_p wrote:
    No, they do not. The set was good, (except ending with Alive), that was not the problem. More a look of fatigue on them, lack-lustre...seemed a times (several) to be just going through the ropes which I ceratianly DO NOT expect from these boys.

Also, as far as Green Disease goes, I think it´s a crap song so I prefer not to have it included, but that´s just my personal preference.

And this thing about "better out of Portugal" was just a laugh; silence from the crowd? Of course there was, most (by several thousand) indeed did not know about the "Fuck Madrid" thing in Lisbon the previous night; sorry to burst your bubble, Jammers, but the proportion of people at the gig who read these forums etc was MINUTE!!! (4 cats, as we say in Spain)

I have been reading the Spanish forums and overall there is dissapointment in the air. Crowd poor? I think a reflexion on the bands poor perfomance.

Poor performance? Are you shitting me? I must admit, i wasn't there, but what we heard on the live broadcast sounded anything but...
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    alidalealidale Posts: 28
    Poor performance? Are you shitting me? I must admit, i wasn't there, but what we heard on the live broadcast sounded anything but...

Not shitting you, no. They werent terrible, but not great either. Seems some people are just not able to admit that the worlds best rock band can have off days. Pleeeeeeeeease a little less inconditional "PJ are infallible" type subjective comments.

They fucked up.
  • Options
    JanetWeissJanetWeiss Posts: 231
    ali_p wrote:
    Not shitting you, no. They werent terrible, but not great either. Seems some people are just not able to admit that the worlds best rock band can have off days. Pleeeeeeeeease a little less inconditional "PJ are infallible" type subjective comments.

They fucked up.

I've had the same impression of LeatherMosquitoMan listening to the radio. Maybe it was different live, but the radio broadcast gave the impression of a great show. I loved the way the band sounded, they seemed even better than some 06 shows.

And, by the way, great setlist for a festival show.
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    JanetWeissJanetWeiss Posts: 231
    ali_p wrote:
    but the proportion of people at the gig who read these forums etc was MINUTE!!! (4 cats, as we say in Spain)

OT. Lol! 4 cats! This made me laugh. It has the same meaning in Italian.
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    ali_p wrote:

They fucked up.

Maybe you've seen them so many times you've set the bar too high.
    As I said before on the FanViews "they nailed it".

Festival crowd who knew they would come back for more after Alive so just did not cheer enthusiastically for "more" - just like Milan last year btw where I was shitting that if they did'nt cheer the band would just leave at the first set. PJammers know their band will always return for more.

Overall not even "an off day" and better than most shows by other bands I've seen in last ten years. Not as good as The Who @ Charlton '74 or Zeppelin @ Sheffield '72 just to give you some context.

'07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    JanetWeiss wrote:
    I've had the same impression of LeatherMosquitoMan listening to the radio. Maybe it was different live, but the radio broadcast gave the impression of a great show. I loved the way the band sounded, they seemed even better than some 06 shows.

And, by the way, great setlist for a festival show.

Yeah, i completely agree. It's not just blind loyalty to the band and saying they're always perfect every night, but listening to the broadcast gave me goosebumps. First couple of songs i thought Ed sounded a bit off but then Given To Fly just blew me away. I just sat there in awe telling my girlfriend how amazing this version was.
    I wasn't saying this just for the sake of it, i thought they nailed almost every song. Black was just tremendous. And by the end of Yellow Ledbetter, i had butterflies in my stomach and that magical feeling which i felt when i first fell in love with the band. It was just fantastic.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    SylSyl Posts: 149
    posted my review in the other thead (sorry, still tired, just got home). This was an amazing evening/night with lovely people, glad I was there!
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    http://thearmyreserve.blogspot.com

Now Available to download:
    High quality FM broadcast of 2007-06-09 Festimad, Madrid, ESP show!

Available in both FLAC & mp3 (245kb/s) with Artwork included.

Artwork preview:
    http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o51/Stone1995/MadridPoster.jpg

Enjoy!
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    I'm Gone wrote:

Artwork preview:

Enjoy!

Great! Thank you very much.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    I was there.
    san sebastian 1996 ( no code tour)
    san sebastian 2000 (binaural tour)
    vitoria-gasteiz 2006 (pearl jam tour)
    madrid 2007 (european tour )

".... IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I WILL HAVE IT ALL..."
  • Options
    crazy_marycrazy_mary Posts: 31
    I'm Gone wrote:

Artwork preview:

Enjoy!

THANKS!
    I'm already taking it....can't wait to hear it all again....
    There's just one word that I still believe and it's love...

"Vocês são do Caralho" - Eddie, 4th September/06 Lisbon

Lisbon - 04/09/2006
    Madrid - 09/06/2007
  • Options
    The sound was horrible, specially during the first songs. That isn't, probably, the band's fault. There was something with the speakers. It seems someone "touched" something at some point and then it started to sound decent... I was there and definitly the FM recording sounds better thant there.

Anyway, the band wasn't in their greatest moment. They fucked up more than twice. Jeff missed the tone several times and he didn't notice until seconds later. In some songs, one of them was in a hurry to finish the song while the others were jamming, and viceversa. There even was a moment were all of them desynchronized totally.

The songs were almost the same than one year later. I went last year to Barcelona and Madrid. On saturday the only song I didn't hear last year was Porch, I think. Even the tags where the same (Modern Girl, The Wall, "peace"...), except for WMA at the end of Daughter, wich was cool.

20 songs and half of the time was spent between encores and with unnecesary speeches like the one made by a drunk and high Javier Bardem... :S

Finally, I didn't caught the "Portugal VS Spain" joke (?), too. Like the people who was around me, I didn't understood what he was meaning. We thought something bad must had happened to them in Portugal... When I read that about "fuck Madrid" I didn't find it funny, even thought I'm from Valencia, wich is Spain too and it is said to have some rivalry between Madrid and Valencia...

Definitely, the worst Pearl Jam concert I've ever been.