Options

The Bear on HULU

2»

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Disney+ doesn't stream Bear, Disney+package gets you Hulu, which streams the Bear

That package is good.  I watch it more than Netshitz these days.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am really appreciating that 10C posted the link to the Bear playlist on Spotify. I'm enjoying it so much! I can't even watch this show - I cancelled Disney+ because it generally sucks. And even that isn't streaming season 2 of The Bear. But the soundtrack = great!

The Bear is on HULU, not Disney+. 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Jumb0 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am really appreciating that 10C posted the link to the Bear playlist on Spotify. I'm enjoying it so much! I can't even watch this show - I cancelled Disney+ because it generally sucks. And even that isn't streaming season 2 of The Bear. But the soundtrack = great!

The Bear is on HULU, not Disney+. 
    Yeah, I believe Hulu comes with the Disney+ package.  Which reminds me, now that I'm caught up on the Bear, I should go ahead and cancel it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,566
    edited July 2023
    What’s wrong with Disney +?

In Canada, the content just isn't worth it. Having it for a few months was fine, but then I saw everything I wanted to, and nothing new came along often enough after that. And I don't watch Marvel movies or Star Wars shit, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Disney+ doesn't stream Bear, Disney+package gets you Hulu, which streams the Bear

There is no Hulu in Canada at all. Disney+ comes with nothing up here.
    I can't even get Hulu with a VPN, because they require a US address/payment method.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    PJ_Soul said:

I can't even get Hulu with a VPN, because they require a US address/payment method.
    Really?  That's crazy!  Are all the other streamers available?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    mca47 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Really?  That's crazy!  Are all the other streamers available?

Yes. We have Crave here, which covers HBO/Max, and which also has some shows from Hulu on it, under the Showtime banner a lot of the time. And the offerings are different - of course Canada has minimum Canadian content laws, etc, so we have stuff you don't have and vice versa, but mostly our Netflix, Prime, Paramount+, Tubi, AppleTV+, etc etc are basically the same. But no fucking Hulu, and it pisses me off! Because while we sometimes get some Hulu shows on a different platform (like with the 1st season of The Bear on Disney and others on Crave), we often do not. It's ridiculous that Hulu's not in Canada - it's all about licensing agreements. But if Netflix can figure it out, I don't see why Hulu can't.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    We get crave shows through Hulu.  Lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I think that must be something else?? I don't think CraveTV makes shows - it's just a subscription platform, not a producer. Or I dunno - maybe somehow Crave got its label onto some Canadian shows somehow, who knows.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    PJ_Soul said:
    What’s wrong with Disney +?

In Canada, the content just isn't worth it. Having it for a few months was fine, but then I saw everything I wanted to, and nothing new came along often enough after that. And I don't watch Marvel movies or Star Wars shit, lol.
    I hear that. Definitely more of a repository of content than new like other services. I have a 5 year old so it’s the main thing that’s on our tv but I get it otherwise 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I think that must be something else?? I don't think CraveTV makes shows - it's just a subscription platform, not a producer. Or I dunno - maybe somehow Crave got its label onto some Canadian shows somehow, who knows.
    That could be it....I just know that banner shows on some things I've watched.  (Letterkenny being the main one I recall.)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,051
    OK.  Finished season 2.  They had one really slow episode but then it kicks in.

Every freezer I've ever been in it is IMPOSSIBLE to get locked in.  Didn't care for that part of the story.

Why there was absolute chaos at the end reminded me of The Walking Dead and how I couldn't watch it anymore.  This group of restaurant people will continually sabotage themselves just when something good starts to happen.

So I just wrote the theme for season 3.

I hope it doesn't end up like that because it is a good show.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited July 2023
    OK.  Finished season 2.  They had one really slow episode but then it kicks in.

Every freezer I've ever been in it is IMPOSSIBLE to get locked in.  Didn't care for that part of the story.

Why there was absolute chaos at the end reminded me of The Walking Dead and how I couldn't watch it anymore.  This group of restaurant people will continually sabotage themselves just when something good starts to happen.

So I just wrote the theme for season 3.

I hope it doesn't end up like that because it is a good show.

yep about the freezer/fridge, multiple exit handles on the inside
    I thought the first few episodes were completely overproduced
    the tunes are good but predictable

still a good show, but season 1 was better
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Just finished it. Loved it
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,051
    Just finished it. Loved it
    You enjoy train wrecks huh, lol?
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Don't mind the freezer deal at all. It fit perfectly to give Carmy a "platform" for this monologue about not letting distractions get in the way of what he wanted, which was the reason he got stuck to begin with. 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,147
    Great season. Just finished. Fishes and Forks were top notch.

As for the freezer, I worked in a grocery store and you can definitely get out of one, but the metaphor works with where Carmy put himself this season.

Also, some freezers are like that apparently. Recent story in the news about a woman closing out an Arby’s who got stuck in the freezer alone and died. Sad.
  • Options
    Fishes was one I watched this weekend.  IMO, best episode of the series, thus far.
    Look forward to watching remaining episodes. 
  • Options
    Finished the last few.  Some really good episodes but the ending was a bit much, for me.  Strong show, though, with some great stuff.