Options

*** ST PAUL 1 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Street Fight?
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    This thing still works, huh?
    I would like to welcome you to the GREATEST SETLIST THREAD EVER!!!!!
    Even if QuarterToTen showed up an hour and a half late. 
    And Shannon lasted 5 minutes. 
    And Metsy was a no show. 
    Underneath the sign congregated quite a crowd.
            ^^^^^ love when Ed sings that line in
            Crazy Mary
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    JojoRice said:
    Street Fight?
    Street Fighting Man. Would have been cool to see 
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 365
    Kind of disappointing  Sometimes, LBC, and Insignificance are nice tunes.  Other than that very lackluster. Austin tix up for sale. Even Bruce can pump out 28 songs lol.  No variation to encores or end of main set.  Stale.
    Was your last show state college ‘03? What are you expecting? These dudes are pushing 60. Every show is icing on the cake for me at this point. Take nothing for granted bc one day it will all be over Chet Steadman!
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,450
    JojoRice said:
    Street Fight?
    Street Fighting Man
    Got it in the encore in Berlin last year, I felt they lost the crowd with that one a little bit. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,333
    Glad to see Seven O Clock sticking around, it got cut as an audible a lot last year, and it’s really good live imo.
    It was definitely the piss break song. Arena cleared out. I like it,  but it's a flow killer because half the audience doesn't know it. I was probably the only near me singing along. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,450
    tbergs said:
    Glad to see Seven O Clock sticking around, it got cut as an audible a lot last year, and it’s really good live imo.
    It was definitely the piss break song. Arena cleared out. I like it,  but it's a flow killer because half the audience doesn't know it. I was probably the only near me singing along. 
    People are weird 😉 it’s my favourite off of Gigaton 
  • Options
    HH140540HH140540 Atlanta Posts: 518
    estarr31 said:
    Pics from practice yesterday showed the stools are back. Didn't really mind them tbh, those songs were great last Fall. Although Black while sitting down was different. 
    Nashville is one of the best versions of Black I’ve ever heard.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    JPPJ84 said:
    tbergs said:
    People are weird 😉 it’s my favourite off of Gigaton 
    Same... I like sbwm too and it looked like the crowd had never heard it 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,868
    7:00 is a big momentum killer. It is the Sirens of gigaton. I hope the band takes note. My wife was like, "Where is everyone going???"
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    7:00 is a big momentum killer. It is the Sirens of gigaton. I hope the band takes note. My wife was like, "Where is everyone going???"
    In my opinion it is a much better song than Sirens. Slower tempo for sure. Not for the casual fan that doesn't own any albums after Vs
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,363
    In my opinion it is a much better song than Sirens. Slower tempo for sure. Not for the casual fan that doesn't own any albums after Vs
    i really like 7 o clock but im not surprised a lot of people dont know it 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    I'm sure a lot of casuals are like Homer:

Takin Care Of Business Now GIF - Taking Care Of Business No Talking No New Crap GIFs
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I love 7:00 but I agree with those saying it doesn't work live ... same thing happened at MSG last year.  Seems to suffer the same fate as other "good on album but suffer live" songs like Force of Nature, Getaway, Infallible ...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    edited September 2023
    That s one rough set list.  Seems like there was zero flow.  Not my cup of tea.  
    7:00 sucks all the energy out of the arena. Let s hope night two is better.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was kinda thinking the same thing. I'm not opposed to the shorter sets, as I've mentioned before, more prone to surprises, but the flow has to be there. this seemed like just random songs thrown together. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It wasn't my favorite setlist but I was happy at the end of the show and it is kind of crazy to settle down and look at it and see some interesting things. Like no Vitalogy and opening with Indifference, although I noticed that right away.

It's just cool the stuff they do even if it doesn't work for all of us here. And I really like Seven O'Clock. In my mind you flip it with Buckle Up and more people leave with the latter. I could do without it again. But a lot of people did leave with the former and you probably don't want that.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Best setlist thread ever....Speedy was EPIC....EPIC I SAY!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,317
    Kind of disappointing  Sometimes, LBC, and Insignificance are nice tunes.  Other than that very lackluster. Austin tix up for sale. Even Bruce can pump out 28 songs lol.  No variation to encores or end of main set.  Stale.
    The set actually looks pretty good to me.  However,  i was hoping that the 5 slow song start would mean that they would push the setlist to 27-28 songs.  I feel like that is the sweet spot for PJ show length. 

• Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I was at the show! My 10th time seeing them. It was pretty great I thought. Much different than the last time I saw them, and the time before that… etc. some slower bits as far as pacing goes, but I don’t really mind at all. I love all the music! 
  • Options
    that being said, I would have been thrilled to be there. Deflated I wasn't. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,333
    mcgruff10 said:
    I mentioned this in my review, but looking at the set list doesn't do it justice. It was great live, but yes, 7 O'clock did break up the flow. Other than that, not noticeable at all.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    One slow song to open, and then get loud.  For me at least, 4 songs to start that are slow just kills all of my anticipation and pent up energy.    Long Road into Do the Evolution was the start to my first show back in 1998, so maybe that is why I feel this way.  4 minute slow song and then a punch to the gut versus 20minutes of slow songs followed by an 8 minute version of Black before you get to anything heavy or fast.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    Buckle Up in the two slot killed a lot of energy built up from an intense, surprising and awesome opener of Indifference. Almost anything else would’ve blown up the building
  • Options
    One slow song to open, and then get loud.  For me at least, 4 songs to start that are slow just kills all of my anticipation and pent up energy.    Long Road into Do the Evolution was the start to my first show back in 1998, so maybe that is why I feel this way.  4 minute slow song and then a punch to the gut versus 20minutes of slow songs followed by an 8 minute version of Black before you get to anything heavy or fast.
    if it's the only spot I can get a mini "unplugged" session, I'll take it. but I largely agree. In 2005 we started with Betterman into Hail Hail/Corduroy/Grievance and it blew the place up. 

I really dig the first encore setting for an unplugged session. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Buckle Up in the two slot killed a lot of energy built up from an intense, surprising and awesome opener of Indifference. Almost anything else would’ve blown up the building
    Like arms aloft pj 20.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like arms aloft pj 20.  
    I actually liked that one in Winnipeg
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like arms aloft pj 20.  
    I actually liked that one in Winnipeg
    You were probably the one person in the building that did.  ;)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like arms aloft pj 20.  
    I'd never experienced an energy-suck like that one ... and hopefully never will again