Options

FLAC: How can we have...

DEEPDEEP Posts: 274
edited December 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
FLACS for 1998, but none from 2005? Just curious.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i dont think the 10C releasd FLACS for the 05 tour. imnot sure thoguh
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    No they didn't, but they didn't release anything from earlier years and i see links for FLACs for those years...i was just hoping..
  • Options
    wow, this is a very excellent question...

... now i'm wondering, what gives??
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    DEEP wrote:
    No they didn't, but they didn't release anything from earlier years and i see links for FLACs for those years...i was just hoping..

Those are fan made audience recordings, not official releases (audience recordings are always shared in lossless format).

Your question doesn't make much sense to be honest.
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    I didn't ask for a smartass answer, I don't know how those are made...thanks for the brilliant reply though. you must be one to come on here bashing people?
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I'm not understanding either? All of 2005/06 were available in flac through 10c. I guess I'm missing something. :confused:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    I'm not understanding either? All of 2005/06 were available in flac through 10c. I guess I'm missing something. :confused:

Only the 2006 boots were available in FLAC
    DEEP wrote:
    I didn't ask for a smartass answer, I don't know how those are made...thanks for the brilliant reply though. you must be one to come on here bashing people?

Bash? I'm not bashing anyone. If you didn't know how those recordings were made, then I did answer your question... jeez
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    Well what didn't make sense then, since you realize i didn't know how they were made? to be honest...maybe you just feel better about yourself in pointing out that my question didn't make any sense...issues?
  • Options
    DEEP wrote:
    Well what didn't make sense then, since you realize i didn't know how they were made? to be honest...maybe you just feel better about yourself in pointing out that my question didn't make any sense...issues?

It didn't make any sense to me because I thought you knew that those 98 boots are not official. As I pointed out previously, they are unofficial audience recordings made by fans that have nothing to do with the 10c. These recordings are always shared in lossless format among the trading community. That's why you can find 98 boots in FLAC, but the 2005 official ones are only available in mp3's
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Only the 2006 boots were available in FLAC
    You're right of course. I just got used to getting the flac ones and forgot it wasn't for the 2005 ones. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    I think it was as simple as this:

B/c we knew the 2005 shows were going to be released through 10C, and be soundboard shows, there was no reason for fans to record the shows. There was no reason for an audience recording.

The FLACS from previous (pre 2000) years were all fan recordings. You'll probably find there's no FLAC audience recordings for the 2000, 2003 and 2006 shows as well.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    The FLACS from previous (pre 2000) years were all fan recordings. You'll probably find there's no FLAC audience recordings for the 2000, 2003 and 2006 shows as well.

actually, not to be picky ;) but just FYI, there were some lossless audience recordings from 2000 because i picked up the London May 30th 2000 show in SHN format - got it because it included Ed's pre-show performance.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?