Options

Quadrophenia Effect

Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
I've heard some other fans mention how they enjoy the dynamic of the first two tracks of No Code.  The calm (Sometimes) before the storm (Hail, Hail) and how well the first sets up the second.  This made me think of the first example I remember hearing being the first two tracks of Quadrophenia.  If I listen to Real Me by itself, it's a great song with good energy, but couple it after I Am The Sea and you get more of a slap of energy when transitioning into Real Me.  If I ever get the chance to work on this theory, I'll call it the "Quadrophenia Effect." Can anyone think of any other examples of album tracks that play off one another similarly?  These are a few others I've thought of.
  • FF, Colour and the Shape: Doll into Monkey Wrench
  • STP, Tiny Music: Press Play into Pop's Love Suicide
  • Alan Parsons Project, Eye in the Sky: Sirius into Eye in the Sky
I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,928
    I've heard some other fans mention how they enjoy the dynamic of the first two tracks of No Code.  The calm (Sometimes) before the storm (Hail, Hail) and how well the first sets up the second.  This made me think of the first example I remember hearing being the first two tracks of Quadrophenia.  If I listen to Real Me by itself, it's a great song with good energy, but couple it after I Am The Sea and you get more of a slap of energy when transitioning into Real Me.  If I ever get the chance to work on this theory, I'll call it the "Quadrophenia Effect." Can anyone think of any other examples of album tracks that play off one another similarly?  These are a few others I've thought of.
    • FF, Colour and the Shape: Doll into Monkey Wrench
    • STP, Tiny Music: Press Play into Pop's Love Suicide
    • Alan Parsons Project, Eye in the Sky: Sirius into Eye in the Sky
    The whole side 2 of Abbey Road.

• Options
    LB260405LB260405 Posts: 55
    A Perfect Circle, Mer de Noms
    Renholder > Thinking of You
  • Options
    LB260405LB260405 Posts: 55
    Tool, Lateralus
    Parabol > Parabola