Tool

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,036
    GB281198 said:
    US and Canada tour! I can't see paying 54.99 for tool army membership per year 
    I'm grandfathered in from back when they did lifetime memberships... otherwise I wouldn't do it.

Although, unlike Pearl Jam, there's no cutoff for memberships and presale tickets. You can buy a TA membership up right up until the ticket sale and get access. They'll take your money, they dgaf. 

With this new website layout, they have a 'delete account and membership' option directly above where you log out. 

That's absolutely by design... You know they're hoping a few of us who were grandfathered in mistakenly cancel and have to go w/ the annual membership (which went up $5 because of course it did) 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    GB281198 said:
    I'm grandfathered in from back when they did lifetime memberships... otherwise I wouldn't do it.

Although, unlike Pearl Jam, there's no cutoff for memberships and presale tickets. You can buy a TA membership up right up until the ticket sale and get access. They'll take your money, they dgaf. 

With this new website layout, they have a 'delete account and membership' option directly above where you log out. 

That's absolutely by design... You know they're hoping a few of us who were grandfathered in mistakenly cancel and have to go w/ the annual membership (which went up $5 because of course it did) 
    Tickets wise does Tool Army just get you access to VIP passes?
  • GB281198GB281198 Posts: 443
    How much does it help getting tickets?
    PJNB said:
    GB281198 said:

Tickets wise does Tool Army just get you access to VIP passes?
    I think 2022 was the first time they offered presale tickets outside of the VIP packages.. I didn't take advantage of it, but they're pushing it as a feature more prominently than before, so I have to imagine it will be offered again.  
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520

Interesting they indicate "early" access to vip, Implying non members will have access. 

One of the worst things with bands and touring, is that key details left out until last days, making planning difficult 

For those not interested in the exclusive merch, not sure why we'd drop $55/year on TA

Interesting they indicate "early" access to vip, Implying non members will have access. 

One of the worst things with bands and touring, is that key details left out until last days, making planning difficult 

For those not interested in the exclusive merch, not sure why we'd drop $55/year on TA
    IIRC, they have opened up VIP to non members in the past if they don't sell out to the fanclub. But I don't think that's happened for a few years. 

& the memberships are all about the tickets... the exclusive merch is mostly crap. The skull cap is great but everything else is garbage. (& I don't know if they're offering the skull cap anymore... the cheap bastards)  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076

IIRC, they have opened up VIP to non members in the past if they don't sell out to the fanclub. But I don't think that's happened for a few years. 

& the memberships are all about the tickets... the exclusive merch is mostly crap. The skull cap is great but everything else is garbage. (& I don't know if they're offering the skull cap anymore... the cheap bastards)  
    Cheap?  You see the cost of that damn Indiana Jones crystal skull?

I'm looking forward to the follow up statue to the fetus in skull: 

Gerbil in Anus
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,520

Gerbil in Anus
    Drag Queen in Republican
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076

Gerbil in Anus
    That one is called the Richard Gere...
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,141

Don't forget the windbreaker. I know I have that around somewhere.
    Am I missing something or is that the jankiest community setup ever created. It's like an embedded social media site?

If it follows the pattern of the last few tours, we can expect tickets to go on sale Friday. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425

So Tuesday announcement. I can't wait!
    Countdown clock now on website. This seems like more fanfare than for just a tour announcement 
    GB281198 said:
    Countdown clock now on website. This seems like more fanfare than for just a tour announcement 
    What else would it be? Unless it's counting down to a 10 year countdown clock for the next album.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    Can't see a a countdown for a tour, I'd guess albulm news 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    My guess is a new skull fetus of some sort.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024

I'll be shocked if it's for anything other than a tour. 

Yeah... seems like a lot of hype for just a tour, but they're also pushing sales for those TA memberships. 
    I'm expecting tour - will be pleasantly surprised if it's anything more and thoroughly disappointed if it's another gaudy knick knack for sale 
    It's definitely a tour announcement some people are getting presale codes. I just don't remember them hyping an announcement this much but maybe my memory is just fading. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,739
    reissues on vinyl?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Oh wow. Yeah, I have a presale code for "Tool In Concert 2023"
    GB281198 said:
    It's definitely a tour announcement some people are getting presale codes. I just don't remember them hyping an announcement this much but maybe my memory is just fading. 
    No, I think your memory is spot on, and I genuinely think it's all about pushing those TA memberships. 

Send more money. 
    mickeyrat said:
    reissues on vinyl?
    One can hope. I did read Mackie Osbourne talk about it in an interview where they mentioned 10,000 days getting released on vinyl 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,747
    pjl44 said:
    GB281198 said:
    What else would it be? Unless it's counting down to a 10 year countdown clock for the next album.
    Countdown to the countdown :tongue:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 896
    Anyone hear that Matt Pinfield podcast with Maynard, Billy Corgan and Dave Grohl?
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,300
    Nothing near me. Unless the setlist is mind blowing I’m not driving to Philly to see them. I’ve seen them over 15 times so I’m good. Saving a lot of money this year on concerts.