Options

Stevie Wonder

green mountain mangreen mountain man Posts: 735
edited November 2016 in Other Music
Post TOTD show in Philly Stevie Wonder showed up at the piano bar at my hotel.
It was after midnight. I walked by the piano bar and it only had about 10 patrons , but one was Stevie.
He played for over an hour and also did a couple Beatles
covers. I still can't believe it
Post edited by green mountain man on

Comments

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Lucky you, that's awesome!
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    Dude! That's one of those things where you tell people it happened but nobody believes you. What an amazing experience.
  • Options
    Holy shit, man. That's incredible. He was on Colbert earlier and his voice sounded incredible.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    This happened in Memphis to me at the PJ show the night before. I just left my hotel to head down to Beale Street and missed him play to a small crowd of people.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I was supposed to see him at jazzfest, but the rain flooded the grounds and it was cancelled; we were sent home early. He ended up playing a playhouse theatre for like 150 people later that night.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    We should all consider ourselves lucky that we lived in the same time to hear Stevie Wonder. Truly a gift to music history. What an awesome experience that must have been!!
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    One of the all time greats that's for sure. Living legend! Wonder :o what he's doing the next few days? 

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 606
    Post TOTD show in Philly Stevie Wonder showed up at the piano bar at my hotel. It was after midnight. I walked by the piano bar and it only had about 10 patrons , but one was Stevie. He played for over an hour and also did a couple Beatles covers. I still can't believe it
    Holy fuck. Nothing cooler will ever happen to you. I saw him on the Songs In The Key Of Life tour and it was magical. Would love to see him do one last Greatest Hits tour.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)