Options

When do Fan Club/Premium/Platinum Package etc tickets flip to normal? (Non Pearl Jam)

GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,537
Hey all, 

So I'm looking at a few concerts (Smashing Pumpkins, Dashboard Confessional for example) and both of these bands have absurd GOLD/VIP/Platinum experience tickets for sale. These shows have been on sale for quite some time and its clear that by show time there will be a lot of those tickets left. 

My question is, when do those tickets generally flip to regular price? I understand they'll still be relatively expensive, but I'd consider nabbing 3rd row for whatever show at $130 instead of $650.

Any insight? Week of show? 3 days before?
1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    All depends on the show. Sometimes a few days, sometimes day of show, sometimes they never flip.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    edited May 2023
    I think it depends on the show.  It's a demand thing.  If there's very few platinum tickets left by the day of the show, I don't think you really see them go down.   If there's a bunch left, then sometimes it can be the week before the show they start switching them from platinum to regular, and in the last few days sometimes you see them go for below face.

It's all about the demand and how many tickets they are sitting on as the show date approaches.

edit: At the pumpkins show I attended in November, they did weird things like at one point they hadn't put one side of the arena up for sale.. at another point they converted every other row of VIP type tickets to regular and what not.  I think that was because it wasn't selling all that well.    Then by time the show happened, I was pretty shocked to see the arena was pretty full.  They must of kept lower prices and what not leading up to it.

This is also where the $25 livenation tickets come in.  Selling the leftovers that aren't selling well.
    Post edited by Zod on