Options

OFF!

I’ve really really been into OFF! recently. What y’all think of em?

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,877
    ^Good taste^^. Just got their rsd release (only music I own from them). Really good. Loved the circle jerks. I feel the need to explore their music more. I watched a youtube show and it was great. 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^Good taste^^. Just got their rsd release (only music I own from them). Really good. Loved the circle jerks. I feel the need to explore their music more. I watched a youtube show and it was great. 
    Wasted Years and Free LSD are some of my favorite records ever now. They’re amazing and unfortunately maybe calling it quits. But it’s on the highest note with Free LSD.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,914
    Loujoe said:
    If you watch their show at Gilman, when they played their whole set for the second time my wife got staged dived on by a 400 lb dumbass. She was sent to the floor and Keith stopped the show. Great show, though. All of the chaos you'd hope for.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,769
    OFF! are great!  Love their energy and drive! 
    I met Keith Morris at a book signing for his memoir, My Damage. Talking with Keith was great.  He was so cool and generous with his time to each of us in our little (too little!) group of fans lined up to get books signed.
    I mentioned how cool I think thought lounge scene the Circle Jerks did in the movie "Repo Man" and he told me the whole story about how hard that day was.  He told me about how he and the guys were put into those uncomfortable tuxedos that they wore on the little stage in the lounge, but then had to wait in this hot trailer all day before finally getting to shoot the scene and what a drag that was.  But they really pulled off the scene great. 

"Shubby doo doo wap, way what, yeah..."

So cool!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    If you watch their show at Gilman, when they played their whole set for the second time my wife got staged dived on by a 400 lb dumbass. She was sent to the floor and Keith stopped the show. Great show, though. All of the chaos you'd hope for.
    Alright. Will check it out when I have a hot minute. Circle jerks are playing by me soonish I think. With Descendents (don't know them) Also off is touring now I think. Maybe I can jump off the stage too. I'll try to plan my landing w/o squashing any fine fans. backwards, distribute my weight properly and hope I land on people. Ahhhh too complicated. I could sing/hum along to every CJ song but never saw them either.

MMayy beeeeee     T
                                         I
                                       M
                                           E

ssssssppllaattttttttt

• Options
    OFF! is touring around right now, had to miss them but their instagram stories of the performances have all been awesome.
  • Options
    60 bucks a ticket in nyc. 
  • Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MDQDH_-XPmY&pp=ygUUT2ZmISBHaWxsbWFuIHRoZWF0ZXI%3D
    Fine way to start the day.
    Love you all
    Take care
    Mosh it up
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,914
    That was a fun show. I was right in front and the blonde short haired dude was being a creepo and going beyond crowd smashing and was aggressively pinning me on the stage, which was mid-thigh high. I just got tired of it and got "really into the music" and backwards head butted him. I talked with my wife later and she said he was doing the same thing to her.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    You gave him what he wanted. Imo those shows always hold a fine line of violence and just getting (off!).
    Sure it was fantastic. Glad you all survived and nice that Mr. Morris was looking out. Peace, love and backwards headbutts for all.
  • Options
    That was a fun show. I was right in front and the blonde short haired dude was being a creepo and going beyond crowd smashing and was aggressively pinning me on the stage, which was mid-thigh high. I just got tired of it and got "really into the music" and backwards head butted him. I talked with my wife later and she said he was doing the same thing to her.
    I saw IDLES and me and my fiancé got lucky that no one was there to hurt but by the end everyone wasn’t watching elbows like they were at the start of the show and she caught one right in the eye. Probably both of our best concert experiences but we left right after during Reigns