Options

Combined 12'' and 10'' releases?

Has there ever been a release combining one 12'' disc and one 10'' disc?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Cant think of anything where its 1 of each although Im pretty sure the Beck Information boxset has 4 x12" with a bonus 10". 

Personally I hate 10" records. Just an awkward size to store.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    Cant think of anything where its 1 of each although Im pretty sure the Beck Information boxset has 4 x12" with a bonus 10". 

If the jacket has a spine, wouldn't you just put a 10'' next to your ordinary records?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,877
    Yes. I think of it's next to a 12" slim chance it may cause warpage. I keep mine in a separate spot.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,769
    I'd like to see Jack White do something wild like he did on Lazaretto and make an album that is 12" on one side and 10" on the other. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    edited January 2022
    The Clash's Black Market clash was a double 10" but reissued as 12" later with extra tracks. Other than that, I'm sure there were singles or Eps released at 10" later collected with other stuff as a 12".

• Options
    The Clash's Black Market clash was a double 10" but reissued as 12" later with extra tracks. Other than that, I'm sure there were singles or Eps released at 10" later collected with other stuff as a 12".

I mean, more a release that has one 12 inch album and one 10 inch sharing the same cover.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,312
    edited January 2022
    I have one. There was a limited edition version of Money Mark’s ‘Push The Button’ album that came as a 3 record set - 1x 12” (sides a & b), 1x 10" (sides c & d), and 1x 7" (side e). Side f of the 7” was etched.

The 12" slots into the main gatefold like normal, and the 10" and 7" fit into smaller pre-cut slots. It’s a very cool package for a really good album.
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    edited January 2022

I mean, more a release that has one 12 inch album and one 10 inch sharing the same cover.
    Sigur Ros - Takk. 2 LPs and a 10"

Tip on (almost hardcover book like) gatefold with a middle page for the 10".

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options

Sigur Ros - Takk. 2 LPs and a 10"

Tip on (almost hardcover book like) gatefold with a middle page for the 10".

Thanks. Looked it up on Discoqs. Nice package.
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    I have one. There was a limited edition version of Money Mark’s ‘Push The Button’ album that came as a 3 record set - 1x 12” (sides a & b), 1x 10" (sides c & d), and 1x 7" (side e). Side f of the 7” was etched.

The 12" slots into the main gatefold like normal, and the 10" and 7" fit into smaller pre-cut slots. It’s a very cool package for a really good album.
    Could you take a picture and post of how this works? Curious...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    That would be a 22" and you would need a bigger table bud. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    FR181798 said:

I have the Black Keys Brothers RSD release that also has a bonus 10"
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    The new Godspeed You! Black Emperor (G_d's Pee AT STATES END) is a 12" and a 10". And so good :)

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,312
    goldrush said:

Could you take a picture and post of how this works? Curious...
    @Spiritual_Chaos I know this question is over a year old now but I’m back in Wales for a holiday and I’ve found my copy in my parents’ place.

You can see the 12” slides into the gatefold as normal, and smaller slots are cut for the 10” and 7”

There’s also a cool spin circle on the back sleeve of the gatefold. When you turn the circle, the song names appear in the white rectangular hole, and the record is in the circular hole. (e.g. below - Rock in the Rain is side A, track 4, and is on the 12” record)

I love this packaging and I love this album.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)