Options

50th Anniversary Atmos Mix of Dark Side Of The Moon

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
edited March 2023 in Other Music
Out today. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck…..get on it people.
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on

Comments

• Options
    The low end depth is stunning. About a quarter through and it’s all I was hoping for! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    I wish I could buy an Atmos system maybe in time but then I’ll have to start buying vinyl correct? I’m really interested in listening to some music on this platform specially DSOTM 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    No. Sometimes it’s a DVD/Blu-ray format, but Apple Music and Tidal support it. You basically need surround speakers and an Atmos receiver. Or Atmos headphones and an iPhone with one of those streamers. No vinyl needed at all 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,934
    edited March 2023
    man. fomo.

have 1973 vinyl. sounds good. needs a thorough cleaning. I dont have the gear to listen the way my stereo set up can push sound,  thats found in the super deluxe version.. I think I will buy a remastered copy from last year and buy the live vinyl seperate and save 300.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    garland09garland09 Posts: 832
    the live DSOTM Wembley vinyl is pretty good.  It’s worth picking up 
  • Options
    The access to Atmos stuff through Apple One is worth it. But I also have little kids who like Apple Arcade, dig Apple TV shows too. I have not been all that big on wireless playback since its inception, and rolled the dice on AirPod Pros last year. Not sure I’ll ever buy another pair of headphones again. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,986
    garland09 said:
    I ordered that one. It’s supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,551
    garland09 said:
    this is not the Pulse, right??..there is a recording from Wembley out there??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,986
    edited March 2023
    23scidoo said:
    garland09 said:
    https://www.discogs.com/release/26503601-Pink-Floyd-The-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon-Live-At-Wembley-1974/image/SW1hZ2U6OTI0ODA0NTk=

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    garland09 said:
    No, that was 1995. This is 1970s & sounds AMAZING.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    23scidoo said:
    garland09 said:
    https://www.discogs.com/release/26503601-Pink-Floyd-The-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon-Live-At-Wembley-1974/image/SW1hZ2U6OTI0ODA0NTk=

23scidoo said:
    garland09 said:
    Cool!!..thank you both!!..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    23scidoo said:
    garland09 said:
    I don’t have Atmos but this show is by far the best recording of any PF show I’ve ever heard! Breathe actually brought me to tears having lost my mom last week and also an old dear friend who passed yesterday, thank you thank you for pointing me to this show oh man what a great band I’m so happy I got to see them twice as a complete unit 75 & 79. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The sax on Us and Them…damn. This is blowing me away folks. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,256
    I recently picked up a quadrophonic edition of Dark Side of the Moon from 1973, which sounds amazing. The instrumentation really comes through. Would love to compare it to this Atmos version.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,988
    Just got the Wembley DSOTM on CD today. Planning on giving it a run through tonight!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV