Options

Need suggestion for song to recommend

stevieraveonstevieraveon Posts: 413
edited April 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Edit - I should have posted this in "The Porch"...sorry

So my sister and I are making a mix tape of songs for each other which we normally wouldn't listen to but think the other needs to hear. I want to put some PJ on there. She's a fan and has seen them live, but if the song wasn't on the radio, she doesn't know it.

Like Donny and Marie, she's country and I'm rock. She's more into lyrics, and a lot of times I find lyrics as wasted time between guitar solos, but certain songs hit me a strong way lyrically. I need to give her PJ songs w/ great lyrics (not a shortage there)

For me, lyrically Man of the Hour can't be beat, and I've already turned her onto that song.

I'm also debating Present Tense as she's one to hold grudges a lot and live in the past (although what version, slow quiet album version or distorted live version). Any consensus on best live version?

I've always loved the moral of Soon Forget (even it sometimes it stings close to home and keeps me in check of my materialism)

Save You is another song I love because I had a friend that needed saving and this hit close to home, but not sure if it'll translate.

Down always makes me feel like seizing the day.

Any other suggestions?
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    McShadeMcShade Posts: 156
    Garden
    Indifference
    Off He Goes
    In My Tree
    Low Light
    Inside Job