Options

München/Munich official thread

Comments

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    A bunch of us are staying at the Wombats. I know of at least 10 ppl, if not more.
    so dont expect it to be boring or something :D
    Or if youre staying there by yourself, youre certainly not gonna be lonely, hehe.
    Plenty of PJ fans there.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    redAPPLEredAPPLE Posts: 61
    The Who are playing the Olympiahalle on the 13th of June....

so do we hope that the WHO will be warming up one or two songs during pearl jam's show?

hey. this is getting me really really excited.

i might have a spare non-10c ticket. pm me.
    WANTED: Spare ticket of any of the following: Munich, Katowice, Copenhagen, Duesseldorf.

Please drop a private message.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    We've booked separately for Wombats, but I'm looking forward to bumping into other touring fans in my dorm room :)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    I have 2 spare seating tickets for the show. They are in section R1 row 6, PM if interested.
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    so where is everyone sleeping for this? Seems theres a few at wombats?? Anywhere else near the stadium thats handy??
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Jennytree wrote:
    so where is everyone sleeping for this? Seems theres a few at wombats?? Anywhere else near the stadium thats handy??
    I thought it was an Arena, not a stadium :confused:
  • Options
    It is. The Olympia stadium is near the Olympiahall though.
  • Options
    lateraluslateralus Posts: 111
    I reserved a bed for Wombat's, seems to be the cheapest.
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I arrive in Munich the day of the show (from Verona)
    so no hostel for me, since I am taking the bus to Poland after the Munich show... I'm so excited!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    I think that Wombat's would be full of PJ fans :) cool:D
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    I got a cheap single room in Haus International Hostel - cost like €30 or something and is pretty much beside the olympic stadium!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    I'm driving right back to Vienna - I have to be at the airport at about 8AM, so I hope there are no accident related traffic jams along the way...
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    Does anybody know when the doors are open? It says 20.00 on my ticket, but it sound pretty late right?
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    It's time to rock with Pearl Jam! This is all you need to know to collect your tickets for the June 12th Munich show at Olympichalle ...

1) Ticket distribution will begin at 4:00pm (16.00) on the day of the show at the venue box office located at the OSTEINGANG entrance.

2) The fan club member must be present and show photo identification to receive the tickets. No transfers.

3) Each Ten Club ticket buyer will receive 2 general admission tickets and 2 wristbands for early entry.**

4) All Ten Club ticket buyers with wristbands will be allowed into the venue 15 minutes before doors are open to the public.

5) Ten Club Early Entry location will be revealed when you collect your tickets.

TEN CLUB TICKET DISTRIBUTION: 4:00pm (16.00)
    TEN CLUB EARLY ENTRY: 5:45pm (17.45)
    PUBLIC DOORS: 6:00pm (18.00)
    OPENING ACT SHOW TIME: 7:30pm (19.30)
    PEARL JAM SHOW TIME: 8:45pm (20.45)

**Wristbands will allow you & guest to enter the venue early only. There will not be a reserved fan club section inside the venue. If you arrive after the early entry time, you will not receive any special benefits with your fan club tickets.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Kirkwood wrote:
    Does anybody know when the doors are open? It says 20.00 on my ticket, but it sound pretty late right?

Weird the tickets i have have the right time on.
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    hmm ok. I got this "print it by your self ticket" throw tickets.de and it says 20.00.

Cause I got it pretty tight. My plane arriving at 16.30 at muncih airport and at 17 I should be at the u-bahn and from there it takes about 1.15 to olympic stadium and I need to find the Chorsow bus and dump my backpack before I go in.
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    redAPPLEredAPPLE Posts: 61
    i got one spare NON 10c ticket for anybody interested.
    WANTED: Spare ticket of any of the following: Munich, Katowice, Copenhagen, Duesseldorf.

Please drop a private message.
  • Options
    ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    I hope this is okay....

I can't go to the gig, cos of a conference I need to go to for work. I've put my eticket up on ebay. I'm not a tout or a scalpr, and lots of people know me on here. Anything above face value goes to charity:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150127377217&rd=1&rd=1

If this is against the posting guidelines, please remove the post, the only reference I could find to tickets was:
    Offering to pay any price for a ticket is inviting scalpers

Which leaves it up to you as I read it.
  • Options
    I hope this is okay....

I can't go to the gig, cos of a conference I need to go to for work. I've put my eticket up on ebay. I'm not a tout or a scalpr, and lots of people know me on here. Anything above face value goes to charity:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150127377217&rd=1&rd=1

If this is against the posting guidelines, please remove the post, the only reference I could find to tickets was:

Which leaves it up to you as I read it.
    Really, the right thing to do is to put a buy it now option at cost price. The charity bit... well that oughta be left purely up to the buyer's prerogative.
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Really, the right thing to do is to put a buy it now option at cost price. The charity bit... well that oughta be left purely up to the buyer's prerogative.

It was pretty inevitable I would get shit for this.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hinny wrote:

Hinny... Lots of us can vouch for ScotInAmsterdam... If he can raise a bit of money for his favourite charity.....

Maybe to avoid crazy stuff, a maximum could be put on the ticket price? Though Munich tix don't seem as crazy as Wembley tix..

PS... Neil.. hope we'll be seeing you guys in London!
  • Options
    We're planning wembly at the moment. I'll give an update once we've booked it. It's looking like it's me and Fraser.

On the ebay subject... I use ebay quite a lot for records, and if something is going to sell for more than 10 quid or so, I give a percentage to charity. My girlfriend and I have been clearing out lots of stuff cos we've just moved in together, and we're enjoying seeing how much we can raise for charity from stuff that we see as cluttering up our small Amsterdam flat.

For tickets... if I put a buy it now at face value auction, then it's down to the luck of who sees it first. This person will maybe only go if they can get a ticket for face value, or even worse, they then sell it for a higher value on ebay. If I leave the auction open then the person who wants to go to the concert so much that they will pay over the odds(I don't expect it to be much) is giving money to charity rather than to a scalper...

My sister works for animal chairties around the world, so I know their needs. This is the closest animal sanctuary to my home town:

http://www.freewebs.com/parkfarmanimal/
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    We're planning wembly at the moment. I'll give an update once we've booked it. It's looking like it's me and Fraser.
    Cool!!! Make sure you guys get in London for the piss-up on Sunday night! :D

My girlfriend and I have been clearing out lots of stuff cos we've just moved in together
    :eek: congratulations!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    It was pretty inevitable I would get shit for this.
    I don't mean for it to be taken as giving shit out. I'm sure you're genuine about this.

I had the pleasure of handing a spare to some broke girl in Adelaide who was hanging out at the car park at the venue, hoping a miracle would happen and someone would just give her a ticket for free. The look of sheer joy on her face I'll never forget :)
  • Options
    Woohoo! The Scots are invading London! Its gonna be awesome! :D

Congrats to you and Carolina moving in together! :)

See you soon!
  • Options
    Woohoo! The Scots are invading London! Its gonna be awesome! :D

Congrats to you and Carolina moving in together! :)

See you soon!

I'll be there, I'm not sure whether Fraser will be or not - money issues, time off work etc. Are you going to Nijmegen?
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I'll be there, I'm not sure whether Fraser will be or not - money issues, time off work etc. Are you going to Nijmegen?
    she's not...so far ;)

glad we'll see (because we're bound to see them) your Scottish arses in London.
    I'm sure Ed missed them too ;)
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    she's not...so far ;)

glad we'll see (because we're bound to see them) your Scottish arses in London.
    I'm sure Ed missed them too ;)
    :(

Cant wait to see you guys! Well, everyone!
    I cant wait to get outta here and see the most amazing band and the
    awesomest ppl alive! :)
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    I hope this is okay....

Sorry to hear that you can't make it. I hope you'll get to go to another gig!
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    emdemd Posts: 1
    Hi...

My buddy has to go away for business the week of the show, so I got an extra ticket. If you're coming from out of town, you're welcome to crash on my couch.

send pm if interested

eric