Options

'No More' - Nijmegen, June 28th 2007

||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dvXrElkNmr4

It's late and i'm thinking back to that perfect summer evening in Nijmegen. The most magical part of the night came when Ed sang 'No More'. The clip above is the best one i could find that comes close to capturing how loud the crowd was during the song, so i wanted to share in case people haven't seen it.

I had tears in my eyes by the end of the song, it was something i'll never be able to properly describe. The most beautiful night of my life.
"This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    great vid, wud love to have been there. Hell i wus love to have been at every show.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,568
    Had that show been under a roff, the entire house would have exploded!

Greatest summer memory 2007!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    you like spending your time on youtube ;)

great video :)
  • Options
    that night was pure magiK.
  • Options
    Even thinking back to that performance of No More gives me shivers. The crowd were incredible with a song they didn't know - they completely took it over. It was such an incredible moment.

Even Jennytree has to admit that.... ;)
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    bookembookem Posts: 91
    I had tears in my eyes by the end of the song, it was something i'll never be able to properly describe. The most beautiful night of my life.

Same...

Thanks for the link great to relive it.

Sydney - 11.03.1998
    Melbourne - 18.02.2003
    Sydney - 07.11.2006
    Nijmegen - 28.06.2007
    New York - 24.06.2008
    London - 18.08.2009
    London - 25.06.2010
  • Options
    disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    It was so beautifull, almost had tears and still getting goosebumps when I hear this again... It was a very special and beautifull evening I would say...
  • Options
    MinimieMinimie Posts: 116
    Thanks for reviving it...the crowd was amazing that night and PJ was...well what can I say ;)
    Those who dance are called insane by those who can't hear the music - eV
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    2006: Antwerp (B)
    2007: London (UK), Nijmegen (NL), Werchter (B)
    2008: MSG1 & 2 - New York (US)
    2009: Rotterdam (NL), London (UK), Philly(x4)(US)
    2010: Dublin (I), Belfast (UK), Nijmegen (NL), Arras (FR), Werchter (B)
    2011: Montréal (Can)
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Pure class, everything to do with Pearl Jam and Nijmegen!

I wouldn’t trade that PJ adventure for anything.

Nijmegen crowd chant during first encore break: “Why Go Home, Why Go Home”

Nijmegen crowd chant after second encore: “We Won’t Go, We Won’t Go”

Still can’t get that out of my head, so very cool.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    it was the second greatest gig of ALL time, after Pistoia of course which i am listening to now and trying to recreate the beautiful atmosphere and surroundings (although that last part could be a problem in my front room!) it was a truly amazing experience and just sums up the love and admiration for PJ that so many of us have, nothing can describe the feelings that are felt during those awesome gig moments. i fuckin love it!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Minimie wrote:
    Thanks for reviving it...the crowd was amazing that night and PJ was...well what can I say ;)

there are no words that can describe how amazing they are, ive tried many times but just keep repeating myself with words that dont do them justice! oh god how i love this band
  • Options
    esther1977esther1977 Posts: 540
    An amazing moment on a amazing night. I think i cried when the play this song. ... Damn what a moment i will never forget this
    When all your dreams turn to dust, vacuum
    When all else fails, read the instruction
  • Options
    esther1977 wrote:
    An amazing moment on a amazing night. I think i cried when the play this song. ... Damn what a moment i will never forget this

oh this board is just the best place ever for discussing those moments that the regular music fans dont understand......im just listening to Black at Copenhagen, what a beautiful tag that is, gives me goosebumps even tho i wasnt there!!!!

Oh good god thank you PJ
  • Options
    CELINHACELINHA Posts: 5
    it really was a great night and that song so beautifull...thanks for bringing back that moment
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    When the first chord to Realese was on, I just new It´s was gonna be an amazing night. Just the thing the the sun was on when Pearl jam started.

But I´m guess I´m the only one who think the no more war really sucks?.
    Can´t see what´s good in that song
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    eldermanelderman Posts: 180
    I will not forget this night for as long as I live.
    Saw PJ in Dublin 00 and Paris 06 and decided to spend a week in The Netherlands to catch Nijmegen.
    On the day of the gig the weather was beautiful, I cycled with a beautiful Dutch girl from about 10km to the city, it was her first PJ gig . The city was really lovely. I did not know what to expect from a big outdoor thing.
    But it was the night of my life, the crowd was beautiful, the music magnificent and I felt sorry for anyone who does not know and love this amazing group.
    The sun went down, the moon came up.
    Had a couple of strong Beers in the town and cycled in the dark on the river dyke to the hotel in the country with my Dutch girl who, well maybe she was now in love with Eddie.