Options

The Misfits

2»

Comments

• Options
    that is not the misfits (not danzig)

this is the misfits.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NkNSZJj9G3s&feature=related

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean...
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean...

to me its only the misfits with danzig...

that song wasnt danzig's misfits, so its not the misfits.
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412

Agreed, its like The Doors without Jim Morrison or CCR without Jon Fogerty.......its just not the same band.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options

That's what I THOUGHT you meant but I wasn't too sure.
  • Options
    hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Minor Threat and Bad Brains > Black Flag >>>>> The Clash.

You know Greg? that's pretty cool. what's he up to these days?

yea and hes probably the most unassuming guy you will ever meet. He recently movbed to Texas and is playing in a few jazzy/improvisational bands in and around Austin,Texas.

http://www.gregginn.com/
  • Options
    hoopinman wrote:
    yea and hes probably the most unassuming guy you will ever meet. He recently movbed to Texas and is playing in a few jazzy/improvisational bands in and around Austin,Texas.

http://www.gregginn.com/

That's interesting. I remember reading that he was greatly influenced by jazz and was a huge Grateful Dead fan which I thought was kind of strange. All in all one of my favorite guitar players.
  • Options
    ArtMarsArtMars Posts: 109
    Best punk band ever. Any other fans here?

I agree with you.....best punk band ever....tied with the Ramones anyways! But then again, I'm not a fan of punk in general! I just like a select few bands from the genre!
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    i have the last danzig show in flac, but the quality is crap and crap. but its still cool for the history.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    UNHOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,490
    FUCK YES!!!! :rock_on:
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,406
    No shit....?!?!
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,062
    Resurrecting...

They are coming to Tampa this summer, with Megadeth as opener. I was so excited to see this news. Then logged in for the presale to be disappointed that pit tickets, after fees, were $320!!!! ($250 face) The seats in the lower level were $200 face, so I ended up in the second set of seats for a reasonable $130 each (including fees). I'll be surprised to see if these high cost tickets actually sell at that value. 

How punk to charge $300....
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    edited March 2023
    hihobibo said:
    Resurrecting...

They are coming to Tampa this summer, with Megadeth as opener. I was so excited to see this news. Then logged in for the presale to be disappointed that pit tickets, after fees, were $320!!!! ($250 face) The seats in the lower level were $200 face, so I ended up in the second set of seats for a reasonable $130 each (including fees). I'll be surprised to see if these high cost tickets actually sell at that value. 

Their touring over the past few years has been a money grab, and is part of a legal settlement between the 2 original members.
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,769
    edited March 2023
    Any Henry and Glenn fans here?  They're pretty funny, you've gotta have 'em, lol.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,877
    Whaaaaa?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,769
    Loujoe said:
    Whaaaaa?

Yahhh, Loujoe!  They're a riot.  And there are more I don't have.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    hihobibo said:
    Resurrecting...

Their touring over the past few years has been a money grab, and is part of a legal settlement between the 2 original members.
    Correct.  I think these are the last of those shows they agreed to?

I saw them a few years ago and only went because tickets were half off for the pit.  Paid 125 instead of 250, so on a train we went.

Same thing.  $250 a damn ticket for the pit.  Not sure if I will do this or not.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    brianlux said:
    Any Henry and Glenn fans here?  They're pretty funny, you've gotta have 'em, lol.

Brian in some magazine, maybe Maximum Rock n Roll, there were comics about Ian McKaye and Henry.  It joked about Henry working out so he could defend his friend Ian from goons.  It also always had Ian wearing a winter hat to keep his shaved head warm.

I'll try and google it.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,911
    I've seen Danzig playing with Doyle a couple of times doing Misfits songs. No Jerry, but really didn't care. The shows I saw were great and nowhere near as expensive.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,877
    ^True. Caught Doyle with some other young dudes at a tiny dump club. It was killer. 25 bucks.  Singer came out covered in blood. Raided the stage after for picks. Could have got a setlist but didn't like the scary song titles (duh).  Maybe save me from going to hell?

Would like to see him with danzig.