Options

Pearl Jam Tribute Bands

given to fly77given to fly77 Posts: 4
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Has anyone seen The australian pearl jam? Is it just me or are they the most embarrasing band ever? The singer cant sing...everyone else looks like they just dont want to be there a tribute band is meant to be what it says on the tin..a TRIBUTE to whatever band they certainly arent. Im so disappointed.

Any body seen this other band Pearljem? What are they like? Wouldn mind checkin them out if anyone want to meet up in athboy meath saturday night...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,256
    Has anyone seen The australian pearl jam? Is it just me or are they the most embarrasing band ever? The singer cant sing...everyone else looks like they just dont want to be there a tribute band is meant to be what it says on the tin..a TRIBUTE to whatever band they certainly arent. Im so disappointed.

Any body seen this other band Pearljem? What are they like? Wouldn mind checkin them out if anyone want to meet up in athboy meath saturday night...

Seen both mate, Pearl Jem are highly recommended. Saw them last year in the Forum in Waterford and had a fantastic night - they can really pull off all the songs, singer is good and the band are excellent. Definitely go if you get the chance!

And yeah, saw the australian pearl jam in waterford too and they sucked! Just couldnt play the songs.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    At least im not on my own i saw them in mchughs drogheda a while back it was shockin how bad they were. Are you from waterford? Youl hardly make it sat night so!!
  • Options
    stankratzstankratz Posts: 183
    Wow what a topic! As the 'Boom' of Pearl Jem I just wanna throw my 2 cents into the mix here. Firstly I haven't had the chance to go see the Aussie Pearl Jam yet. Last time they were playing in my neck of the woods we were playing up in Belfast but I hope to get to see them soon. But all i'll say is that it's amazing that there's 2 Pearl Jam tributes in Ireland playing gigs, I don't think there's even 2 gigging U2 or Thin Lizzy tributes at the moment! So someone of importance please take note,- PEARL JAM YOU ARE WORSHIPPED IN IRELAND SO PLEASE HAUL UR ASSES BACK HERE ASAP!!!
    It makes me glad that our tribute is well received cause all 6 of us in Pearl Jem love the real thing and we've put an enormous amount of work, expense and rehearsal into each show. That brings me on to Athboy this Sat night; YES it is off the beaten track compared to our previous gigs but our 'Eddie' is from Athboy and there's a perfect 'Pearl Jam' venue there in Doran's. I'm not sure if we're breaking copyright or anything but there'll be Pearl Jam blasting thru the PA and on the plasmas right up until we start as there was in Ardee, and the buzz that created was unreal. As always the set will be a balanced mix for casual fans and the hardcores and will be at a minimum 2 hours long. So please come cause Pearl Jem + full floor on front of the stage = serious gig! Oh and I really have to see the Aussie PJ!:)

http://www.myspace.com/pearljemofficial
    http://www.myspace.com/stankratz
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    I saw Backseat Lover in Boston last year. They put on a great show.

I've been meaning to catch Rearviewmirror in Toronto, but haven't had a chance. They're playing on Friday, but I don't feel like driving to Brampton.
  • Options
    stankratz wrote:
    Wow what a topic! As the 'Boom' of Pearl Jem I just wanna throw my 2 cents into the mix here. Firstly I haven't had the chance to go see the Aussie Pearl Jam yet. Last time they were playing in my neck of the woods we were playing up in Belfast but I hope to get to see them soon. But all i'll say is that it's amazing that there's 2 Pearl Jam tributes in Ireland playing gigs, I don't think there's even 2 gigging U2 or Thin Lizzy tributes at the moment! So someone of importance please take note,- PEARL JAM YOU ARE WORSHIPPED IN IRELAND SO PLEASE HAUL UR ASSES BACK HERE ASAP!!!
    It makes me glad that our tribute is well received cause all 6 of us in Pearl Jem love the real thing and we've put an enormous amount of work, expense and rehearsal into each show. That brings me on to Athboy this Sat night; YES it is off the beaten track compared to our previous gigs but our 'Eddie' is from Athboy and there's a perfect 'Pearl Jam' venue there in Doran's. I'm not sure if we're breaking copyright or anything but there'll be Pearl Jam blasting thru the PA and on the plasmas right up until we start as there was in Ardee, and the buzz that created was unreal. As always the set will be a balanced mix for casual fans and the hardcores and will be at a minimum 2 hours long. So please come cause Pearl Jem + full floor on front of the stage = serious gig! Oh and I really have to see the Aussie PJ!:)

http://www.myspace.com/pearljemofficial
    http://www.myspace.com/stankratz

Excellent! I must say that your show in the forum last year kicked ass man!! Any plans to come back down here again? Make it sooner rather than later please, me and my mates had a kickass night!! :D
  • Options
    At least im not on my own i saw them in mchughs drogheda a while back it was shockin how bad they were. Are you from waterford? Youl hardly make it sat night so!!

Wexford actually, but i live in waterford, no it'd be a bit of a spin up all right! Cool to see that a member of pearl jem is actually posting on these boards! kickass band so they are! :)
  • Options
    There doesn't seem to be any gigs in at the moment for the forum, which is shit cause it's a serious venue. It by far kicks the shit out of most of the Dublin venues in terms of stage, PA and lighting. And the 100 or so heads who were at the gig were just the type of rockers u want at a Pearl Jem gig! I'll wreck our managers head to get us another gig there soon, I wanna play the forum again god dammit!!!
  • Options
    edved82 wrote:
    Wexford actually, but i live in waterford, no it'd be a bit of a spin up all right! Cool to see that a member of pearl jem is actually posting on these boards! kickass band so they are! :)

Yeah i wasnt expecting "Boom" to write back haha he is meant to sit quietly in the corner with a hammond organ!
  • Options
    stankratz wrote:
    There doesn't seem to be any gigs in at the moment for the forum, which is shit cause it's a serious venue. It by far kicks the shit out of most of the Dublin venues in terms of stage, PA and lighting. And the 100 or so heads who were at the gig were just the type of rockers u want at a Pearl Jem gig! I'll wreck our managers head to get us another gig there soon, I wanna play the forum again god dammit!!!

Well we want you to play the Forum again too, so get your arses back down here soon!! :D keep us updated anyway, if there's any gigs planned down this neck of the woods, PM me, and i'll be there! :D
  • Options
    edved82 wrote:
    Well we want you to play the Forum again too, so get your arses back down here soon!! :D keep us updated anyway, if there's any gigs planned down this neck of the woods, PM me, and i'll be there! :D

No problem edved, already said it to the gaffer and he's on to it already. Hope they can sort something out soon, you'll know exactly 5 mins after I do!
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    i saw once in hamburg VS the where okey
  • Options
    offspring10offspring10 Philadelphia Posts: 2
    We are. Philadelphia area Pearl Jam Tribute band called Riot Act. Check us out in FB and IG. #Riotactphilly
  • Options
    offspring10offspring10 Philadelphia Posts: 2