Options

Yield 25 Special on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio. Track-By-Track with Stone Gossard & Jeff Ament

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    Sea said:
    Reminder....Please do not ask or share links to copyrighted material. Thank you
    Fair enough.  Can fans of the band outside the USA expect to have this made available via an official channel at some point then, or are we supposed to just suck it up again and pretend it doesn’t exist?  
    Jeez dude. Think it through and there’s a solution. 
    Enlighten me.   What’s the kosher route that would allow a fan of the band outside the USA, where SiriusXM doesn’t exist, to hear this?  My comment isn’t really about a workaround or jumping through hoops, it’s about equity.    
    Are you under the impression the band has total control of the distribution of content on their sirius channel? Yeah it’s a drag sirius isn’t available in the EU, but that doesn’t have anything to do with the band. It’s the same story with other providers. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961
    Listened to half of this so far. Pretty cool. The best bit of info from it so far wasn't even Yield-related. Am I hearing it right that they said Eddie played bass on Satan's Bed? 

Sea said:
    Fair enough.  Can fans of the band outside the USA expect to have this made available via an official channel at some point then, or are we supposed to just suck it up again and pretend it doesn’t exist?  
    Jeez dude. Think it through and there’s a solution. 
    Enlighten me.   What’s the kosher route that would allow a fan of the band outside the USA, where SiriusXM doesn’t exist, to hear this?  My comment isn’t really about a workaround or jumping through hoops, it’s about equity.    
    Not having your profile private would be a start. 
    Again, the point seems to have evaded you.   
    No dude, it's evading you. I'm trying to help you. 
    LOL...you can lead a horse to water
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828

Repeat this morning @ 10am EST.

Also available On Demand. 

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,262

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    ianh42ianh42 Posts: 199
    demetrios said:

Repeat this morning @ 10am EST.

Also available On Demand. 

Listening to it right now on Siriius On Demand...YIELD is such a great fucking album, WOW.  I can't believe it's been 25 years and its awesome seeing the GTF video dropped yesterday from SVT.  GTF is one of my all time favorites and a top 5 live for sure!  I love listening to Stone break things down.  Jeff is doing great too.  On a side note, I was at that epic Yieldwaukee show randomly as one of the few travel shows we ever went to.  Such a treat!!! 
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,704
    axeljohan said:
    They seem to heavily feature the 25th anniversary on social media. Do we expect more than usual clear vinyl reissue next week?
    I really want a special vinyl for Yield. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,985
    edited February 2023
    Sea said:
    So will this copyrighted material be made available for all of us not living in the USA?

How long will I, and other international fans, have to wait to have it available ? Forever, or is there a plan to put up on e.g. the bands youtube after a while?

Europeans can appreciate an interview too, you know. You don't have a corner on the market or something. (Elm Street part 4 reference)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Listened today and enjoyed it. No Way is my white whale so it was cool to hear the reasons why it’s not played much. 
    What is the reason?

Wasn't it No Way Stone and Ed "fought" over at PJ20?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Pay the fee you cheap bastards.
  • Options
    Pay the fee you cheap bastards.
    Don’t think you can from Sweden. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,533
    any way to listen without signing in to Sirius?
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    any way to listen without signing in to Sirius?
    I was wondering the same thing. I canceled my subscription when I started commuting less 
  • Options
    Yep, I’m with my EU friends. Tried using a vpn but still unable to signup for Sirius down under. If anyone can upload the show, that would be greatly appreciated 
    1998 - 11/3 (SYD2)
    2003 - 11/2 (SYD1), 13/2 (SYD2), 14/2 (SYD3), 8/7 (MSG1), 9/7 (MSG2), 11/7 (BOS3)
    2006 - 7/11 (SYD1), 8/11 (SYD2), 10/11 (BRIS1), 18/11 (SYD3)
    2009 - 20/11 (MEL), 22/11 (SYD)
    2011 - 18/3 (EVSYD1), 19/3 (EVSYD2), 24/3 (EVMEL1), 25/3 (EVMEL2)
    2014 - 26/1 (BDOSYD)
  • Options
    EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 128
    Yep, I’m with my EU friends. Tried using a vpn but still unable to signup for Sirius down under. If anyone can upload the show, that would be greatly appreciated 

Yes, I also tried with a VPN as somebody suggested, but didn't work from Spain either. Now try to explain that to that nice people saying "Pay the fee you cheap bastards"
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2023
    I purchased a lifetime membership for Sirius in early 2007. This was before “SXM Canada”. The good part is that I paid $400US and still listen to SXM in my F-150 16 years later. I can still transfer the radio to one more new vehicle in the future (the fine print).  This lifetime membership was offered when they still had those flimsy plastic receivers that broke easily. 

The bad part… I can’t get the SXM app because SXM Canada doesn’t recognize my account, due to it being US-based and I can only download the SXM Canada app, not the SXM app. Therefore, I can’t use the awesome on demand functions of the app. I miss a lot of these goodies unfortunately. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,933
    EMC77 said:

Yes, I also tried with a VPN as somebody suggested, but didn't work from Spain either. Now try to explain that to that nice people saying "Pay the fee you cheap bastards"
    👏 👏 👏 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    I purchased a lifetime membership for Sirius in early 2007. This was before “SXM Canada”. The good part is that I paid $400US and still listen to SXM in my F-150 16 years later. I can still transfer the radio to one more new vehicle in the future (the fine print).  This lifetime membership was offered when they still had those flimsy plastic receivers that broke easily. 

The bad part… I can’t get the SXM app because SXM Canada doesn’t recognize my account, due to it being US-based and I can only download the SXM Canada app, not the SXM app. Therefore, I can’t use the awesome on demand functions of the app. I miss a lot of these goodies unfortunately. 

Wish I had one of those lifetime memberships for my ride. 

No way you can use the VPN on your PC to use the SiriusXM USA log in?

• Options
    demetrios said:

Not sure what you mean by using VPN. Admittedly, Im no computer genius. Lol. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:

You still have a SiriusXM USA user name and password right? You don't need to download the app to listen to the on demand stuff online. VPN .. Virtual Private Network. You might want to pay to use this service. I use Norton VPN. If you try to log into and listen / stream SiriusXM on a web browser on the USA page it won't let you cause your IP is in Canada. If you put on VPN and change your location to USA, you should be able to stream and listen to the On Demand SiriusXM specials, that is on SiriusXM.com USA. 

Trying to find on Google an easy way for you to try this. A step by step way. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

You still have a SiriusXM USA user name and password right? You don't need to download the app to listen to the on demand stuff online. VPN .. Virtual Private Network. You might want to pay to use this service. I use Norton VPN. If you try to log into and listen / stream SiriusXM on a web browser on the USA page it won't let you cause your IP is in Canada. If you put on VPN and change your location to USA, you should be able to stream and listen to the On Demand SiriusXM specials, that is on SiriusXM.com USA. 

Trying to find on Google an easy way for you to try this. A step by step way. 
    Right. I’ve seen that advertised. I don’t k ow what those VPN platforms cost per month, but not sure I would use it enough to justify it. Undoubtedly it would work, thanks for the heads up D! I’ll look into it. 
  • Options
    Yield Track-by-track on Pearl Jam Radio
    Now available on-demand on the SiriusXM app, listen to Jeff and Stone go through Yield track-by-track as only these two can!
    LISTEN NOW
    (Sorry, US and Canada only)
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    Finally got around to listening on the app this morning. The app doesnt let me rewind. What did Jeff call the red dot song? He called it something different, two or three times, then Stone jumped in to Clarify "Red Dot."
    And when talking about MFC, they made a reference that the song came out of Ed playing with Foo Fighters. I never heard that before, what was Ed doing with FF?
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,376
    mace1229 said:
    Finally got around to listening on the app this morning. The app doesnt let me rewind. What did Jeff call the red dot song? He called it something different, two or three times, then Stone jumped in to Clarify "Red Dot."
    And when talking about MFC, they made a reference that the song came out of Ed playing with Foo Fighters. I never heard that before, what was Ed doing with FF?
    Red bar. That's what it's been called since they put it on digital 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    mace1229 said:

Probably the tour with Watt, Foos, and Hovercraft.

• Options
    Smellyman said:
    mace1229 said:

Probably the tour with Watt, Foos, and Hovercraft.

YeH, that was the timeframe they were referencing. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    Ah, ok. Thanks.
    I remember him playing, but wasnt it just Watts and Grohl, or did he play with all of the FF at some point?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Ah, ok. Thanks.
    I remember him playing, but wasnt it just Watts and Grohl, or did he play with all of the FF at some point?
    My memory had Pat Smear involved and so I checked, and looks like that was the case and also Foos pre-Hawkins drummer, William Goldsmith was there. They’re all credited with being on Watt’s live album recorded in Chicago. 
  • Options
    EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 128
    edited February 2023
    mace1229 said:
    Ah, ok. Thanks.
    My memory had Pat Smear involved and so I checked, and looks like that was the case and also Foos pre-Hawkins drummer, William Goldsmith was there. They’re all credited with being on Watt’s live album recorded in Chicago. 
    Watt asked Dave Grohl to be his drummer and he agreed but he asked Watt for the Foo Fighters (Dave's new band...) to be the opener. I think Ed got involved in a similar way, so Hovercraft would open for Watt and Watt would have Ed in his band too. So Ed didn't play with FF, but played with Dave Grohl in Watt's band.

That's what Dave Grohl tells in his book.

Post edited by EMC77 on
  • Options
    In the UK here so if someone can point me towards a way to hearing this then that would be great! Thank you
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2