Options

Boom Gaspar

dissident2504dissident2504 Posts: 14
edited February 2010 in The Porch
i was looking at "the band" section and didn't find Boom Gaspar. i think he should be added there:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
  • Options
    Brony wrote:
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I was going to do the same thing, LOL, you preceeded me :lol:

Yesterday I was watching Live at Chop Suey, saying BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM every time he showed up on the screen!!

My wife was looking at me like.... "Are you crazy or what??"

Boom is THE MAN :D
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Ya you wonder whats up with that? maybe because he doesn't play on every song... but all we can do is speculate :?
  • Options
    WhyGo77WhyGo77 Posts: 113
    I really like Boooooooooom and he definitely adds a lot to the songs that he plays on, but he'll probably never be considered part of the band. He's always listed as "additional musicians" on the albums...and only plays on select songs.

BOOOOOOOOOOM!
    "I'll ride the wave, where it takes me..."

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine..."
  • Options
    Boom ruins good songs
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Boom ruins good songs

Deep at Hershey...I'll never forget that...
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Kenneth earned my respect playing the hell out of Crazy Mary in Cincy '06.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    edited February 2010
    Liked his appearance in the film Immagine Cornice.
    Enjoy his enthusiasm while playing.
    Met him and members of his family in Mansfield. Pretty nice folks.
    Post edited by florence151 on
    Hold On
  • Options
    Boom ruins good songs
    wow, how? really i just dont get that.
  • Options
    KO282453 wrote:
    Boom ruins good songs
    For me, Crazy Mary and Alive are songs that Mike used to steal the show, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. His solos on the 2000 boots might be the best he's ever done. Then Boom comes on the scene and, in a way, takes Mike's solos away from him. Believe me, he is the king of "Reign o'er Me" and "Love Boat Captain" and I appreciate his work. But over the years it seems like he's wedged himself into crucial elements of PJ standards. This may just be splitting hairs here, but in my opinion, Ed, Boom, the rest of the band, whoever is making decisions regarding live shows has really kinda dropped the ball on deciding when and where to use Boom.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    KO282453 wrote:
    Boom ruins good songs
    For me, Crazy Mary and Alive are songs that Mike used to steal the show, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. His solos on the 2000 boots might be the best he's ever done. Then Boom comes on the scene and, in a way, takes Mike's solos away from him. Believe me, he is the king of "Reign o'er Me" and "Love Boat Captain" and I appreciate his work. But over the years it seems like he's wedged himself into crucial elements of PJ standards. This may just be splitting hairs here, but in my opinion, Ed, Boom, the rest of the band, whoever is making decisions regarding live shows has really kinda dropped the ball on deciding when and where to use Boom.

whatever boom rules. its part of the band evolving. same reason why they arent angry and thrash fueled like vs. evolving...time passing..it changes things. i think you are splitting hairs....you make it sound as if he forced himself into the band and forces his B3 playing into songs. remember...ed invited him to join the band. he didnt "wedge" himself in anywhere
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • Options
    jets521 wrote:
    whatever boom rules. its part of the band evolving. same reason why they arent angry and thrash fueled like vs. evolving...time passing..it changes things. you complain but you still go to the shows and buy the merch.
    Oh, absolutely! I dig Boom a lot, but I think sometimes he steps on others toes in a live setting. A lot of this isn't really Booms fault, but it's definitely worth mentioning.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    jets521 wrote:
    whatever boom rules. its part of the band evolving. same reason why they arent angry and thrash fueled like vs. evolving...time passing..it changes things. you complain but you still go to the shows and buy the merch.
    Oh, absolutely! I dig Boom a lot, but I think sometimes he steps on others toes in a live setting. A lot of this isn't really Booms fault, but it's definitely worth mentioning.

I think they turned Booms keyboard up on the 09 boots. When I hear Amongst the Waves, all I can hear is Boom's keyboard over the guitar. It's not like that on the album. Rather annoying to say the least. But overall I like the dude and think he brings a lot of talent to the band.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    KO282453 wrote:
    Boom ruins good songs

I sadly lost my way with PJ for many years and found my way back in 2005 , by the time i did Boom had cemented a place in the band, so i have no basis to compare it to, but i can respect your opinion, there's many facets of the band that have evolved over the years. I heard one guy say he liked the original -immortality- better, i don't but thats his opinion so it's cool. thanks for explaining. :D
  • Options
    Boom ruins good songs

+ 100,000
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,224
    Happy Birthday Boom! :joy::hang_loose::hug:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,224
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    I really like what Boom adds