igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,376
    What do you think of the reboot?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    Got pretty pumped seeing the Keaton Batman. Totally confused though. The Ben Afleck Bruce Wayne is in this as is the Michael Keaton Batman?

Can someone explain this?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    Got pretty pumped seeing the Keaton Batman. Totally confused though. The Ben Afleck Bruce Wayne is in this as is the Michael Keaton Batman?

Can someone explain this?
    Saw that too. The new trend is to have these multi verse super hero movies so you can just do whatever you want. Seemed confusing to follow what was going on in that trailer. Maybe you're supposed to watch it 16x fast like you are Flash :lol:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    It is a multiverse type thing. This is something that has been canon in Marvel and DC for years. Looks loosely based on an old DC series called Flashpoint I think? Basically, Barry Allen has the ability to run so fast he can travel back in time and across timelines. He does so and changes something that breaks the timeline so to speak. 

This was greenlit prior to or just after canceling the “Snyderverse” and the Black Adam universe, but before scrapping everything and hiring James Gunn to guide new movies going forward.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    igotid88 said:
    What are the chance that they’ll rename The Brave and The Bold, like they did with Birds of Prey? A lot of people wouldn’t know it was a Batman movie just by the name 
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    It is a multiverse type thing. This is something that has been canon in Marvel and DC for years. Looks loosely based on an old DC series called Flashpoint I think? Basically, Barry Allen has the ability to run so fast he can travel back in time and across timelines. He does so and changes something that breaks the timeline so to speak. 

This was greenlit prior to or just after canceling the “Snyderverse” and the Black Adam universe, but before scrapping everything and hiring James Gunn to guide new movies going forward.
    I think they were going to do Flashpoint with Snyder. I remember that was the plan for the Flash movie this whole time. I don't remember anything different. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I hope the Batgirl movie gets released 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

I think they were going to do Flashpoint with Snyder. I remember that was the plan for the Flash movie this whole time. I don't remember anything different. 
    Think you are right, but I wonder if they rewrote it a bit. It was probably initially going to pay off the weird Flash from the future while Batman sleeps scene from Batman v Superman, as well as the future tease in Snyder’s Justice League.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I hope the Batgirl movie gets released 
    Good luck with this. They are taking the write off to save money. I think they pulled the budget on adding pickup scenes and normal reshoots. A shame for actors involved.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Think you are right, but I wonder if they rewrote it a bit. It was probably initially going to pay off the weird Flash from the future while Batman sleeps scene from Batman v Superman, as well as the future tease in Snyder’s Justice League.
    Yea they definitely rewrote some if not most. Most likely the reason for the multiple delays. I believe the Supergirl scene was one of the additions.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Also delayed due to Ezra Miller’s weird, bad legal complications probably.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Did I really see a Booster Gold movie in the works?  Really?  I remember buying that comic when it first came out years ago and it stunk then, lol.
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I am going to be SO CONFUSED but I just might see this in the theaters just for Keaton's Batman. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    I am going to be SO CONFUSED but I just might see this in the theaters just for Keaton's Batman. 
    I can just picture trying to explain things to the wife.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    Poncier said:
    So DC is doing a multiverse too?  I thought that was a joke.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    DC did it first I believe in the comics
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    Being the older of the two I can see this but to do it right after Marvel just did it?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    Being the older of the two I can see this but to do it right after Marvel just did it?
    But Flashpoint is the most known. I don't think they should not do it or wait.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    But Flashpoint is the most known. I don't think they should not do it or wait.
    I was never a big DC guy so I never had heard of it.  I was more of a Batman and Arkham Asylum type w some Sandman and Death in there.

Last great DC books I read were Final Crisis.  I may need to dust those off and read them again.
  • Options
    I think I've said this before but after seeing that trailer and this new Super Girl...why are most, if not all, female super heroes depicted as thin looking women, while the male super heroes are all big and muscular? Wouldn't it make sense for the females to have a little beefier build for all the battles they are fighting as well? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Poncier said:
    Flash comics had it first in 1961. Makes sense with the speed/bending time abilities.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Flash comics had it first in 1961. Makes sense with the speed/bending time abilities.
    Because everyone who is reading comics today wasn't even born to read that most likely?

I found it interesting that they brought in an older story line when Marvel just did something very much like it.  

Anyone remember when Superman ran back time in Supes 3?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Because everyone who is reading comics today wasn't even born to read that most likely?

I found it interesting that they brought in an older story line when Marvel just did something very much like it.  

Yea but they would have eventually done it. Especially once they introduced The Flash in Batman v Superman
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Yea but they would have eventually done it. Especially once they introduced The Flash in Batman v Superman
    They've been in comics since like 1938.  THAT is the storyline they went with?

Actually I do see why they did it.  Their movies have been so bad why not do what MCU was successful at, lol.