Options

Eddie - Live on 2 Legs

PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
edited September 2008 in The Porch
Do you think we might see a best of collection of the Eddie Solo shows?

Many of the covers would be tough to release since this is a business and the original artists would get a cut. (Is this correct?)

I would think PJ woudl get a cut themselves since Porch was played among other PJ songs. (Maybe a gentelmens agreement is in place for this)

It woudl be cool to get a collection of the ITW songs live plus the Betterman version from Chicago and a few covers that sounded great.

I would like to hear feedback on the business aspect of this. I beleive this is the reason that these are not being released.
"All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bump

Also Eddie is listed as a special guest for the Rise against Cancer show this Friday 9/5. I saw it in an add in my Sports Illustrated and have not seen it here.

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    Any artist he covered that a recording (audio or video) was sold for would be entitled to a fee for use of their material. Not that all of them would charge/collect the fee but they could.
    There's also the issue of the ITW songs probably being owned in part by the movie studio
    Also, he would need permission from whomever owns the covered song, the artist or the recording company, to use the song on anything he sells.

that's usually how it works and is probably among the reasons the shows weren't released as bootlegs through 10c.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    Any artist he covered that a recording (audio or video) was sold for would be entitled to a fee for use of their material. Not that all of them would charge/collect the fee but they could.
    There's also the issue of the ITW songs probably being owned in part by the movie studio
    Also, he would need permission from whomever owns the covered song, the artist or the recording company, to use the song on anything he sells.

that's usually how it works and is probably among the reasons the shows weren't released as bootlegs through 10c.

Your so smart!!!

Here is another one for you.
    As for the Stand up to Cancer show this Friday, I do not see Eddies name on the website but did see it in the print add in my Sports Illustrated.

http://su2c.standup2cancer.org/theshow

Have you seen anything on this? Do you know if he will be there?

• Options
    PJPAT wrote:
    Your so smart!!!

Here is another one for you.
    As for the Stand up to Cancer show this Friday, I do not see Eddies name on the website but did see it in the print add in my Sports Illustrated.

http://su2c.standup2cancer.org/theshow

Have you seen anything on this? Do you know if he will be there?
    i havent heard that he will nor can i find it anywhere on that site
    so 50% yes
    50% No
    :D

i'll watch for sure though since the cause is very near to me.
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament