Options

"Exclusive" video content

A clip from Single video theory? Really??! The fact that it is HD makes it "inside".  What a way to launch an already contentious re-design of the 10C. What's next? A HD version of the Even Flow video clip? 

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    edited January 2023
    HD is a pointless point to push here by the Ten Club org. What tape mentioned is taken this from? The Standard def master? It is not HD, it is a SD source scaled up to fill a HD frame. Why not going back to the film elements - it was shot on 16mm. Why not just shoot it on video in 1998, if you were not to use the inherit quality of the medium? Is there not a film master of this? Is the camera negative lost in time? Where is the film grain @Santos L. Halper @Rubysdad @MarkPellington? And what source is this taken from?

Respect the medium. And respect the promise of exclusive video content for fans. If possible. Take the time and effort to re-scan the film in 4K and do things properly. It's just so unnecessary (and sad) if the assets exist(?).

Here is a video on the topic

https://youtu.be/CkysCJBdGtw

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    This thread has some rustneversleeps vibes. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Funny you should say that. Rust Never Sleeps was scanned in from the original camera negative for it's HD version:

Because quality matters

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Funny you should say that. Rust Never Sleeps was scanned in from the original camera negative for it's HD version:

Because quality matters

Precisely 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Also, Jawas. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Also, Jawas. 
    lol

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Could this GIF be discussed at monday's Ten Club morning meeting, both in regards to the Single Video Theory and the You Are clip that were shot on 16 and 35 mm but looks to have been upscaled from and unnecessarily hampered by SD sources @Santos L. Halper ?

We need to steer this ship right, while there is still time.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on