Options

Ten Club Ticket Pickup

Androgynous MindAndrogynous Mind Posts: 521
edited March 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
So what's the deal with picking up tickets the day of the show?

Never bought them through the 10C before. What do I have to prepare for? How early to get there?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)
Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    So what's the deal with picking up tickets the day of the show?

Never bought them through the 10C before. What do I have to prepare for? How early to get there?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

Its no big deal really.
    ya stand in line and pick them up. Only takes a few minutes.
    Just to be safe, have your Ten club number card and ID handy.

Have Fun!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    ThunderclapThunderclap Lexington, KY Posts: 108
    If you get there early enough, there might not even be a line. It might be as quick as 30 seconds. I'm always there pretty early so I can't say how long the wait can get. Since they've been doing it the way they're doing it now, I've had to wait maybe 5 minutes at the most. That was at Pittsburgh in 2006.

They may have several windows open for different ranges of fanclub numbers. So the first window might say "member numbers 1000 - 99000", then the next window would say "member numbers 100000 - 299000" and so on. I would go to the second window because my member number is 184xxx. I don't remember if they're doing that anymore though.
    TEACHER SEEKS PUPIL
    Must have an earnest desire to save the world
    Apply in person
  • Options
    Do you have to go right into the venue once you pick them up?
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153

it depends on what time it is
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Its no big deal really.
    ya stand in line and pick them up. Only takes a few minutes.
    Just to be safe, have your Ten club number card and ID handy.

Have Fun!

Seriously? I figured you'd need an id, but my 10 club # card? I've moved like a million times, I have no clue where that is.

Now I'm buggin'.
    Stop following me, I do not know where I am going.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    just your drivers license or state ID is fine, I've always picked up my tickets this way and had no problems. It is no different now than picking up standard will call tickets, except the venues have a separate booth for ten club tickets only....takes literally seconds.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Seriously? I figured you'd need an id, but my 10 club # card? I've moved like a million times, I have no clue where that is.

Now I'm buggin'.

only done it once (London last year) but there was no hassle, turned up with my passport and got the tickets within about 30 seconds. no need for your 10c number, but it might help to find out what it is in case they DO have different windows for different ranges of fan club numbers but you should be able to get them anyway.

put it another way - the 10c ticket 'rules' page just says you need ID and
    It is also helpful, but not necessary, to have your Ten Club member number available for additional verification.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057

It's not required. I try to go to the box office early in the day to find out my seat locations.

The last time they played MSG, you had to pick them up at a hotel near MSG the day before the first show.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    My ticket partner told me they release 10C tickets for multiple nights on the first day sometimes, how often does this happen? I'm hoping I can get MSG 1 & MSG 2 tickets the first day.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    A have a friend who is a Ten Club member and wants to get tickets but might possibly have to work on the night of the show, but because it's so far ahead of time probably won't. He is in college and just got a super job following his graduation, but because it is such a new employment he doesn't want to upset anyone so early on by asking for a night off. Anyways, has anyone here on the board ever gotten tickets from someone elses fan club membership via a note from that friend or if they call the Ten Club themselves and give another contact name to pick up the tickets? He just isn't sure if he'll be late to the concert or not be able to make it at all. I did read the rules on Ten Club, and do know that the person buying then tickets must be present to pick them up, I was just wondering if someone might have run into a situation like this and was able to work out something with Ten Club. Thanks so much. Later
    Foo4Everlong
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272

Now I'm buggin'.

Don't worry about having the card. Just bring your 10c # with you (its in your profile in the goods section online).
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    I did this for night 1 at camden in 06. They were on ebay buy now with a stipulation you had to be a 10 club member. I got the confirmation email the next day from the 10 club because I emailed them and asked and the said it was cool. Later Yostarama
    A have a friend who is a Ten Club member and wants to get tickets but might possibly have to work on the night of the show, but because it's so far ahead of time probably won't. He is in college and just got a super job following his graduation, but because it is such a new employment he doesn't want to upset anyone so early on by asking for a night off. Anyways, has anyone here on the board ever gotten tickets from someone elses fan club membership via a note from that friend or if they call the Ten Club themselves and give another contact name to pick up the tickets? He just isn't sure if he'll be late to the concert or not be able to make it at all. I did read the rules on Ten Club, and do know that the person buying then tickets must be present to pick them up, I was just wondering if someone might have run into a situation like this and was able to work out something with Ten Club. Thanks so much. Later
  • Options
    yostarama wrote:
    I did this for night 1 at camden in 06. They were on ebay buy now with a stipulation you had to be a 10 club member. I got the confirmation email the next day from the 10 club because I emailed them and asked and the said it was cool. Later Yostarama

Here's the problem though, I am a Ten Club member and am already getting my own tickets. See there are four of us that are going, I'm getting two tickets and my friend who is also a Ten Club member is getting another two. When we go I will obviously be picking my tickets up under my membership, but he's not sure whether he will either be there or be late getting there, so I was wondering whether I can pick up another set of tickets on someone elses name? Does he have to let the Ten Club know that this is going to happen or is this just plain against the rules. This way the third person will still get there ticket, but my friend who isn't sure whether he can go will either eat his ticket or we can give it to him when he shows up to the show? A slight delemma, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Thanks much. Later
    Foo4Everlong
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    What time do the windows usually open for the MSG shows?
  • Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
    macci wrote:
    It's not required. I try to go to the box office early in the day to find out my seat locations.

The last time they played MSG, you had to pick them up at a hotel near MSG the day before the first show.

The hotel was called the Howard Johnson Inn. Recently they changed their name to the Ramada Inn.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Super_Fan wrote:
    The hotel was called the Howard Johnson Inn. Recently they changed their name to the Ramada Inn.

That would be good, did they let you pick up ALL your tickets if you had them for more then one night?
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14