Options

SPOON

Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
edited November 2015 in Other Music
With Spoon opening for PJ yesterday, I figured they were due their own thread here. Spoon is one of my favorite bands...their tunes really got me back into listening to lots of new music a few years ago. They put on an incredible show this summer in Portland, ME. I didn't catch their surprise after party show at the Empire, but had a great spot right in front of the band at the State Theatre. I hope someone posts the setlist for their opening at Bogata. I caught a few songs on camera at the State and put them up on my youtube channel (shameless plug), here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNwLiCtutMs&list=PLoHLz1e060lOFIycADBjaframAYAMLest&index=6
"How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
Post edited by Fixer13 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    I saw Spoon and Interpol last night...great show

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192

That’s awesome.  I caught them in Portland, ME on this latest tour.  I took my son and we were able to get there in time to score spots on the rail.  Both bands seem to be getting better with age, but I loved Spoon’s performance a little more.  They sound so good live.🎸

"How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Fixer13 said:

That’s awesome.  I caught them in Portland, ME on this latest tour.  I took my son and we were able to get there in time to score spots on the rail.  Both bands seem to be getting better with age, but I loved Spoon’s performance a little more.  They sound so good live.🎸

agreed....Interpol is a bit repetitive but I like their sound. Great light show as well.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    Welp, read your post and got super excited that I somehow missed Spoon opening for PJ on Wed, but then saw 2015...
    Spoon is awesome, saw them a few months ago. Will catch them every chance I can from now on.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    Looks like dec 8 in north Philly with Jimmy Eat World.
    A Thursday though... ick
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Listening to Lucifer on the Sofa this morning. Astral Jacket has to be one of the most divine songs I've ever heard. What an amazing record from an amazing band! 
    www.cluthelee.com