Options

Entry guidelines?

MidwesternGirlMidwesternGirl Posts: 2
edited September 2022 in The Porch
Hi all - A lot of venues/bands have recently changed what one is allowed bring into gigs.  For example, oftentimes bags have to be clear or smaller than a certain size.  My search for these guidelines for the band's upcoming North American shows has proven fruitless.   Does anyone know anything about such guidelines--either from their recent experience(s) or from their own research?

Thank you in advance!
Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    edited January 2023
    Oh crap. After I typed all that up, I saw the first post was from several months ago. But it's still a good thing to leave an answer, is it not?

Bag restrictions would be on the venue's website, but typically 5x8x1 is an unofficial "universal size."

With more and more places going cashless and everywhere accepting credit/debit, you'd really just need:
    1) Phone
    2) ID
    3) 1-2 credit/debit cards (a backup of a different type is never a bad idea)
    4) Keys
    5) Women may need something necessary if it's that time of the month.

A lot of places accept Google/Apple payments, but don't count on it. It's still a good idea to take two credit/debit cards. (What if they don't take Discover?)

I was thinking about this the other day and I'm wondering what the hell we needed to take in back before the restrictions.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"