YELLOWSTONE SHOW

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
edited November 2022 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone watch this? For years now, I have been hearing how great this is from everyone I know who has watched it.....now, some of these people, I don't have the utmost respect for their taste in television. And the show just always seemed generic to me that I never really had much interest.

NEVERTHELESS, I have succumbed to peer pressure and started season 1 this week. 2 episodes in and, yeah, it's pretty good. It's definitely not Succession or anything (clearly lacking any form of humor thus far), but I think I like it and will continue on. 

What do you people think? Yes, you people. 

chinese-happy.jpg
Post edited by The Juggler on

Comments

• Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    First season or two are great. After that it becomes a soap opera. I'm still watching, but it's almost a hate-watch. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Jumb0 said:
    First season or two are great. After that it becomes a soap opera. I'm still watching, but it's almost a hate-watch. 
    I would agree...I honestly don't remember if I watched season 3 or not. Just kind of lost interest.

Definitely liked S1 and S2 though.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    We started it last week. about 4 or 5 episodes in. Its good, not up to the hype, but good enough to keep watching for now. 
    I was just looking at the # of viewers for each season....it's amazingly popular now

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Jumb0 said:
    This sums it up perfectly.  It has become pretty ridiculous the last couple seasons but I'm still sticking with it.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Agree with comments....really liked the start and now I'll binge it when the season is done but it is not a must watch.
    Do love the crazy daughter, though, total badass.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Agree with comments....really liked the start and now I'll binge it when the season is done but it is not a must watch.
    I like the character too, but I wish they casted a different actress. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I remember being annoyed at how she treated the brother (Jamie)....it was hard for me to believe his character was that weak. And she was a bit over the top.

I did like her bathtub scene though. But after that episode I don't think there was any more nudity but I could be wrong.

Really?  I think she's perfect for that role.  And my mind was blown recently when I found out she was British....she does a great American accent.  Can't tell at all she's doing one...
    Really?  I think she's perfect for that role.  And my mind was blown recently when I found out she was British....she does a great American accent.  Can't tell at all she's doing one...
    Yeah...I don't know. Not a huge thus far. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I dig her.  Liked her in another series as well.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    We’re still watching too. It took us a while to get into S1, but we enjoyed 2, 3, and 4 more. We’ve committed this far, so we’re in it til the end.

I didn’t think the 1883 prequel spin-off was as good, but 1923 looks a lot more promising.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    I'm now halfway through the second season. I pretty much dislike every character on the show at this point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I think she's way over the top. And her weird relationship with Jamie is just so....forced, maybe? Just doesn't seem believable that she could hate him that much, yet he seems so dependent on her at times. I don't know...

chinese-happy.jpg
    I think she's way over the top. And her weird relationship with Jamie is just so....forced, maybe? Just doesn't seem believable that she could hate him that much, yet he seems so dependent on her at times. I don't know...

Yeah that bugged me as well. 

Okay....I do actually like Jimmy. The young rancher. He is a likeable character. He's also the only real comedic relief on the show. Wish their was more .
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910

you will eventually learn why she does
    edited December 2022
    ***spoilers***

Okay I am now into the current season. Just watched the premier last night.

The show is entertaining, a lot of stuff is just ridiculous at this point but I am invested. I also still don't like most of the characters and am rooting for them to lose the ranch at this point. 

I've read reviews that the Jimmy storyline was boring and unnecessary, but I liked that character and the humor he provided so I enjoyed that part. Sad to see him leave. 

Jamie and Beth....why on earth did they not even have a discussion about the origin of her hatred of him for twenty fricken years? And it seems to me as if Jamie did what he did to actually protect the family, which is ironically what they say he never truly cares about (choosing to be selfish instead). Why wouldn't he bring that up when defending himself?  Also--none of the doctors or nurses at that clinic bothered to even mention to Beth what was going to happen to her??

It also seems to me that the only person in the family who wants to keep the ranch is Kevin Costner. Beth has said she wants to sell it when he dies. Jamie hates it. Kasey and his wife keep moving away from it. Sell the fucking thing already! Kevin Costner gives a half a billion dollars no more than a few seconds before he turns it down? Come on. Have a god damn intervention with him and the entire family. The whole thing is so stupid. He cares more about the ranch than he does his family.....and now he easily becomes governor with all the skeletons in his and his family's closet? C'mon!!

Can't wait to continue watching though!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Haven't started the new season yet, waiting to binge at some point.
    Also haven't seen the prequels

So the current season is on Paramount right? You don't need a subscription? I thought it was only on Paramount plus or something but I saw it in my DirecTV guide and recorded it. They were playing the current seasons episodes I believe.

***spoilers***

The show is entertaining, a lot of stuff is just ridiculous at this point but I am invested. I also still don't like most of the characters and am rooting for them to lose the ranch at this point. 

I've read reviews that the Jimmy storyline was boring and unnecessary, but I liked that character and the humor he provided so I enjoyed that part. Sad to see him leave. 

Jamie and Beth....why on earth did they not even have a discussion about the origin of her hatred of him for twenty fricken years? And it seems to me as if Jamie did what he did to actually protect the family, which is ironically what they say he never truly cares about (choosing to be selfish instead). Why wouldn't he bring that up when defending himself?  Also--none of the doctors or nurses at that clinic bothered to even mention to Beth what was going to happen to her??

It also seems to me that the only person in the family who wants to keep the ranch is Kevin Costner. Beth has said she wants to sell it when he dies. Jamie hates it. Kasey and his wife keep moving away from it. Sell the fucking thing already! Kevin Costner gives a half a billion dollars no more than a few seconds before he turns it down? Come on. Have a god damn intervention with him and the entire family. The whole thing is so stupid. He cares more about the ranch than he does his family.....and now he easily becomes governor with all the skeletons in his and his family's closet? C'mon!!

This sums it up.  Him becoming governor is just an absurd storyline.  And yeah, just sell some of your land and your family will be wealthy for generations!!!
    ***spoilers***

This sums it up.  Him becoming governor is just an absurd storyline.  And yeah, just sell some of your land and your family will be wealthy for generations!!!
    They deserve to have that land ripped away from them!
    chinese-happy.jpg