Tom Petty

NormanNorman Posts: 109
edited May 2014 in Other Music
http://www.newonvinyl.com/en/tom-petty-in-the-coliseum.html
Will probably cost an arm and a leg, hopefully will be distributed by a US store. Only 1000 pieces.
Post edited by Norman on

Comments

• NormanNorman Posts: 109
    edited May 2014
    Post edited by Norman on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,418
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    mickeyrat said:
    Yes, please. Can't wait to hear these, what a run of shows
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Ordered the 6 LP set! So stoked!!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    probably gonna get this!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Whoa! Looking forward to this. And this will be available in Australia via Apple 👍 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,418
    Type your commenthttps://youtu.be/bBSGzoYlQys
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    mickeyrat said:

Looks like a winner!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 398
    Fillmore box set is pretty cool. Comes with book, setlists, backstage pass, patch. and a set of picks plus it sounds great 
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Late '70's Chicago DJ Sky Daniels suggested we check this cat out...or something like that. I loved what I was hearing. Those early hits were music candy, more you get more you want/need. Songs like American Girl, Don't Do Me Like That, Refugee and The Waiting were excellent summer party companions. What a great songwriter (words and music) he was. From the beginning to the end. I would say easily one of the best of all times. 

When the 20 Fillmore shows were announced I just had to be there. btw, 20 years making music, 20 shows. Pretty cool. Ended up with first and last show. 

He warned at the start this wasn't going to be like any of his other concerts. He said they would be playing his hits, but they were here to play their favorite songs and music that influenced him and the band early on. The last show was broadcast on local radio in its entirety live. And guest what? this showed up not long after. 

I will be getting the new release, but I still prefer bootlegs over official most times. 

I see they have reissued the merch. oh well, gotta eat I suppose. The black and white one is from TPHB's. Other four were free handouts leaving the shows. 

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    edwho said:
    Late '70's Chicago DJ Sky Daniels suggested we check this cat out...or something like that. I loved what I was hearing. Those early hits were music candy, more you get more you want/need. Songs like American Girl, Don't Do Me Like That, Refugee and The Waiting were excellent summer party companions. What a great songwriter (words and music) he was. From the beginning to the end. I would say easily one of the best of all times. 

When the 20 Fillmore shows were announced I just had to be there. btw, 20 years making music, 20 shows. Pretty cool. Ended up with first and last show. 

He warned at the start this wasn't going to be like any of his other concerts. He said they would be playing his hits, but they were here to play their favorite songs and music that influenced him and the band early on. The last show was broadcast on local radio in its entirety live. And guest what? this showed up not long after. 

I will be getting the new release, but I still prefer bootlegs over official most times. 

I see they have reissued the merch. oh well, gotta eat I suppose. The black and white one is from TPHB's. Other four were free handouts leaving the shows. 

Good stuff, thanks for sharing  @edwho. I was in college at the time of the Fillmore run. It just so happened we made a field trip to San Francisco (all the way from Auburn University in AL) for three days and overlapped with the Fillmore shows. I was a TP fan and had seen him play once at that point, yet didn't make an effort to buy secondhand tix. A buddy who was also on the trip grew up in Nashville and was friends with Johnny Cash's granddaughter who hooked him up with a spare ticket to one of the shows. Ahhh, hindsight 20/20 - I'd love to hop on a time machine and be a face in the crowd for one or three of these performances.