THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    This show is still on TV?!?!?  Come on!  
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Man, that used to be a fun watch, then they (the writers?) turned it to shit. We haven’t watched since the long break awhile back. It became so stupid, almost insulting. 

And while I’m at it, fuck Rick! :lol:
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I stopped watching when the Whisperers killed a bunch of peoples me made that fence of their heads. I think that was a mid season finale and just never got into it again. I can’t believe it’s still on along with all the spin offs, who even watches any more? When Rick Grimes and Maggie wanted out of the show that should have been a clue to wrap it up.
  • mace1229 said:
    I stopped watching when the Whisperers killed a bunch of peoples me made that fence of their heads. I think that was a mid season finale and just never got into it again. I can’t believe it’s still on along with all the spin offs, who even watches any more? When Rick Grimes and Maggie wanted out of the show that should have been a clue to wrap it up.
    Maggie is back in.  Her solo career didn't go as planned.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Surprised it is still going.  At some point I'd enjoy watching the first few seasons, again.  Shane was good.  Merle.  Some cool early storylines.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • I know it is in the final season or whatever that means.  Is anyone still watching it?  Bring spoilers, I don't give a shit.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    I know it is in the final season or whatever that means.  Is anyone still watching it?  Bring spoilers, I don't give a shit.

I kept watching primarily because they announced that it was ending. Figured I've watched long enough to see it through although my expectations are low.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I know it is in the final season or whatever that means.  Is anyone still watching it?  Bring spoilers, I don't give a shit.
    I just realized the other day I hadn't watched it since pre-pandemic, lol. So I started watching season 10 on netflix. Honestly, I like the whisperer characters more than the original group now. Michonne is just annoying. Daryl is boring. Seems like they are trying to pass little Judith off as some badass, beyond her years, zombie killer. it's not working, not with her Chipmunk voice and 2 foot 3 frame. The rest of the cast is forgettable. What used to be badass characters (Ezekiel with the tiger, Daryl being just a general bad ass, Negan bashing in skulls, etc), everyone is lame. 

I've watched the first 7 episodes so far. I'm going to see this season through. only 3 more to go. then we'll see if I bother with season 11. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

jesus, I don't know why I thought there was only 10 episodes of this season. Guess I'm used to HBO. I checked and there's TWENTY TWO. I don't know if I can make it. although negan making whoopie with alpha was a weird twist. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jesus, I don't know why I thought there was only 10 episodes of this season. Guess I'm used to HBO. I checked and there's TWENTY TWO. I don't know if I can make it. although negan making whoopie with alpha was a weird twist. 
    Ha, so you have watched up to about where I stopped.

Keep going so you can tell me what else is up.

For me the show started to reproduce story lines.  People going rogue and wanting to be a hero.  it's stupid.  They have always been strengths in their team and all that goes right out the window.  

I am blaming it on new writers for a new season.  They have this great idea but think we are dumb and forgot about the last 10 characters that have done the same stupid shit...
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    jesus, I don't know why I thought there was only 10 episodes of this season. Guess I'm used to HBO. I checked and there's TWENTY TWO. I don't know if I can make it. although negan making whoopie with alpha was a weird twist. 

They added a one off episode for the “main” characters when Covid hit. It’s normally two sets of 8 for the season. 
    that season 10 ending was weird. no cliffhanger. no big dramatic moment. odd. 

and one thing I've always been bothered by with this show is the episodes that focus on one character/group. then you don't get to see what happens with the other groups for at least a couple episodes. can't stand that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• that season 10 ending was weird. no cliffhanger. no big dramatic moment. odd. 

and one thing I've always been bothered by with this show is the episodes that focus on one character/group. then you don't get to see what happens with the other groups for at least a couple episodes. can't stand that. 
    I have never cared for character development and "back stories".  It's a zombie apocalypse.  Nobody gives a shit what you used to be.  Everyone has demons.

Now go out there and scavenge and be bad asses.

That's just me though...

I have never cared for character development and "back stories".  It's a zombie apocalypse.  Nobody gives a shit what you used to be.  Everyone has demons.

That's just me though...
    I actually like some of the back stories. it gives context and insight into their current personas. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

That's just me though...
    I actually like some of the back stories. it gives context and insight into their current personas. 
    Meh, I just want them to kill shit.

That's just me though...
    season 1 and 2 are your bag then. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

That's just me though...
    Yep, that's what I loved.  it's been trying to become something that most of us zombie lovers don't care about.

If you look at what the OG team has done too is fucked up every situation they have gone into.  Farm, prison, Woodbury, Alexandria, I know I'm forgetting some.  It just seems like they are the protagonists since they kept ruining established places.

Just kill the effing zombies.

That's just me though...
    Yep, that's what I loved.  it's been trying to become something that most of us zombie lovers don't care about.

If you look at what the OG team has done too is fucked up every situation they have gone into.  Farm, prison, Woodbury, Alexandria, I know I'm forgetting some.  It just seems like they are the protagonists since they kept ruining established places.

that's actually a question that was raised in season 10 ("are we the good guys?"). like none of the viewers had thought of this before, of course it's possible the OG group is just as bad as every other group. Sure, the governor had a tv room full of heads. sure, negan smashed skulls with a baseball bat. but rick and crew pre-emptively murdered people while they slept. every group is just trying to survive. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    edited February 2022

That's just me though...

that's actually a question that was raised in season 10 ("are we the good guys?"). like none of the viewers had thought of this before, of course it's possible the OG group is just as bad as every other group. Sure, the governor had a tv room full of heads. sure, negan smashed skulls with a baseball bat. but rick and crew pre-emptively murdered people while they slept. every group is just trying to survive. 
    My big problem to this is all throughout history, man got together and rebuilded, not this Lord of the Flies crap.  Hell they put criminals on a continent and they policed themselves and became a country.  A few groups can't put their bloodlust down for a greater good?

Georgie seems to be the only person doing this, rebuilding, so either the writers are feminists or they are just trying to prove that man is just plain evil, lol.

EDIT:  Or that the world is just a crappy place to be no matter what.

That's just me though...

My big problem to this is all throughout history, man got together and rebuilded, not this Lord of the Flies crap.  Hell they put criminals on a continent and they policed themselves and became a country.  A few groups can't put their bloodlust down for a greater good?

Georgie seems to be the only person doing this, rebuilding, so either the writers are feminists or they are just trying to prove that man is just plain evil, lol.

I think being thrust into a situation like that creates paranoia and survival instinct to a much larger degree than you are giving credit for. Finite resources, constant threat of being bitten/eaten alive by zombies, having to brave the elements and not just sitting in a heated house with tv and a warm shower; etc. australia was founded in a much different time. our generation are used to comfort. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

That's just me though...

I think being thrust into a situation like that creates paranoia and survival instinct to a much larger degree than you are giving credit for. Finite resources, constant threat of being bitten/eaten alive by zombies, having to brave the elements and not just sitting in a heated house with tv and a warm shower; etc. australia was founded in a much different time. our generation are used to comfort. 
    I will counter w the prison and Alexandria.  2 of the places I mentioned earlier that they ruined.

I will also mention that Australia has 5 of the deadliest snakes and 7 of the deadliest spiders on their continent so it wasn't comfy, lol.

Man needs the basic essentials, food, water, shelter.  The writing doesn't follow those basic needs.

You see during the show like when Morgan goes off he finds people surviving.  They found a way.  it's been amazing that a bigger group can't find a way without traveling hordes(whisperers, wolves, etc) that don't seem to need shelter and just roam.

I am having a lot of fun discussing this w you right now.  Thanks

That's just me though...

I will counter w the prison and Alexandria.  2 of the places I mentioned earlier that they ruined.

I will also mention that Australia has 5 of the deadliest snakes and 7 of the deadliest spiders on their continent so it wasn't comfy, lol.

Man needs the basic essentials, food, water, shelter.  The writing doesn't follow those basic needs.

You see during the show like when Morgan goes off he finds people surviving.  They found a way.  it's been amazing that a bigger group can't find a way without traveling hordes(whisperers, wolves, etc) that don't seem to need shelter and just roam.

I am having a lot of fun discussing this w you right now.  Thanks
    when I said "comfy" I mean our current generation, like 1990's era. Not in 1901 when the conditions all over were a little less....comfortable. So it wouldn't have been as much of a shock putting those people in that situation as it would putting people used to going to their monthly massage to fighting off the dead. 

But yeah, it is a tad unbelievable that everywhere they go they seem to find some murderous horde of extremists that just want to destroy the world, lol. 

But this is also the world where zombies can exist, and exist without needing some kind of sustenance to stay alive and active. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Still hanging in there with TWD. I feel committed to see the series through to the end.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Can't believe this show is finally over. I haven't watched it since like season 8 or 9 though. Guess I can finally get caught up now? :confounded:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Well, it's over and it isn't. I don't want to give anything away but it looks like they took a page from the MCU playbook. They're going full on spin offs and cross overs.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • dudeman said:
    Well, it's over and it isn't. I don't want to give anything away but it looks like they took a page from the MCU playbook. They're going full on spin offs and cross overs.
    They've done a few spinoffs already and Fear was good in the beginning and I refused to watch the kids one as I don't want to be disappointed in the cyclical writing.  They'll hire a new writer that writes the same stories that were already done but try to make them seem fresh...

The main thing that pissed me off about this movie is that society never tried to get back together.  That is something I never see as happening.
  • It's been many years since the last episode I watched.  Got tired of all the characters.  So unless the zombies win at the end by killing literally everyone, I've no interest in getting caught up.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    It's been many years since the last episode I watched.  Got tired of all the characters.  So unless the zombies win at the end by killing literally everyone, I've no interest in getting caught up.
    That would be a fitting final scene. Like a zombie thanksgiving with Rick and Daryl as the main course
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Just curious if anybody is still watching?  Any insight because this thread is dead, lol.