Options

Roon Users & Overall Home Stereo/Streaming Setups

Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
So I've been trying to 1) find any old threads around here that were comprehensive of overall hifi home stereo setups and 2) anyone using Roon. Lots going on in this topic, but they're all related so bear with me...

I came across Roon over the past 5/6 months while I've been spending that time investing in a better home audio setup (more than very basic speakers). And this past month I decided to say F it and invest in the lifetime Roon plan. And holy shit it's the coolest and best thing ever, even if it's incredibly hard to explain to someone what it is, haha.

"Investing" in home audio is completely relative here. For me I could never justify 10k+ in home audio equipment, but for others I totally get it. My setup is my Onkyo surround sound system/receiver in the living room hooked up to my Bluesound Node (also awesome), along with my Fluance RT85 turntable, with a couple standing Polk XT speakers. Then I have a couple more Bluesound Pulse speakers around the house, along with some other Google Home/Nest-based speakers.

The "big" investments worth it, to me, have been setting up a NAS and Roon. The return for me will basically be the long-term savings by cutting the cord on various services.

Anyway, any other Roon people here that I can nerd out on with some questions? Also curious to know how people have their personal home audio/streaming setups?

Comments

• Options
    Just had to google this.  Since I haven't gone digital or streaming yet, this doesn't do it for me.

I'm interested in learning though.