Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Very sad indeed.  As someone said elsewhere, "The last cornerstone [of rock and roll] is gone."
    R.I.P. the great Jerry Lee Lewis
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    22 year old dude marries his 13 year old cousin?
    Nah.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Nah.
    Different time and none of us know these guys.

Lemmy Kilmister said that there were three guys who started rock and roll in his documentary; Little Richard, Elvis Presley, and Jerry Lee Lewis.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    Nah.
    he was from loozy-ana. you’ve been there. you know how it is.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited October 2022
    Nah.

Lemmy Kilmister said that there were three guys who started rock and roll in his documentary; Little Richard, Elvis Presley, and Jerry Lee Lewis.
    I fully expect there will be these retorts.  I don't agree but everyone has their opinions. 

1.  I can separate his music from his actions.
    2.  It was long ago -back then it was OK to have sex with children.  
    3.  It was long ago, cousin marrying was OK
    4.  Other people did it, why care if he did.
    5.  He was a musical genius.  Genius means he can do whatever he wanted.
    6.  She loved him and was OK with it.  Freedom, and all.

Yeah I don't buy any of those.  People here can share those opinions , I just don't have to agree.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    Jesus H, someone had to mention the cousin thing.   Some of your rock "heroes" are just as bad- a lot of them outright fucking perverts- Led Zeppelin, anyone?  You gonna talk about that when they die too?  Come on...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Jesus H, someone had to mention the cousin thing.   Some of your rock "heroes" are just as bad- a lot of them outright fucking perverts- Led Zeppelin, anyone?  You gonna talk about that when they die too?  Come on...
    Why not?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,009
    edited October 2022
    Nah.
    Wasn’t it a big scandal at the time? So in what way different? And what has personally knowing them to do with anything?

I don’t know my 11 year old niece superwell. But I still don’t think she should marry an adult. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianlux said:

That would be response #4.

I like how only your opinion should be shared
    ....come on......

• Options
    brianlux said:

One of those heroes are Kanye West, but here you seem to be of a different opinion, to quote you from the Kanye-thread:

Agreed, and this doesn't say much for all the people who help make him a very wealthy man.  I'll never understand that.  People are weird.

So, have you helped Jerry Lee Lewis a little in being a wealthy man?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    I don’t care what he started I never liked his music! But yeah RIP 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianlux said:

One of those heroes are Kanye West, but here you seem to be of a different opinion, to quote you from the Kanye-thread:

Agreed, and this doesn't say much for all the people who help make him a very wealthy man.  I'll never understand that.  People are weird.

So, have you helped Jerry Lee Lewis a little in being a wealthy man?
    True, Kanye is vilified the same week JLL is glorified.  Kanye is mentally ill, and he used words.  The other guy straight up married a minor. 
    R Kelly wants a word about this....
  • Options
    Also, I'm not saying Kanye is great -- I'm 100% against his anti Semitic garbage.  Just also finding the irony in the way this is presented to us.

• Options
    When someone who has contributed greatly to the world of creativity, the first thing someone mentions is their short comings?  Wow, brilliant, bold.  Warrior like.  Awesome. 

• Options
    So your opinions are better than mine ✔️ 
    You think it is in poor taste to bring up someone's past deeds because they are creative ✔️ 
    Calling me brilliant, bold, and warrior-like?  Thanks!  

Seriously dude, get over yourself.  Others can have opinions that do not align with yours.  

He married a 13 year old as a 22 year old.  

It is a perfectly acceptable take to find this fact disgusting.  
    If you don't think so and want to be upset with me, I don't know what to tell you. 

• Options
    So your opinions are better than mine ✔️ 
    You think it is in poor taste to bring up someone's past deeds because they are creative ✔️ 
    Calling me brilliant, bold, and warrior-like?  Thanks!  

Seriously dude, get over yourself.  Others can have opinions that do not align with yours.  

He married a 13 year old as a 22 year old.  

It is a perfectly acceptable take to find this fact disgusting.  
    If you don't think so and want to be upset with me, I don't know what to tell you. 

No
    Yes
    Sure thing
    Already done that
    OK, fine.

• Options
    Nah.
    Don't watch Licorice Pizza...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Nah.
    Wasn’t it a big scandal at the time? So in what way different? And what has personally knowing them to do with anything?

I don’t know my 11 year old niece superwell. But I still don’t think she should marry an adult. 

Yeah, him marrying that child literally destroyed his career, so it wasn't all that different a time. It wasn't at all acceptable at the time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Nah.

I fully expect there will be these retorts.  I don't agree but everyone has their opinions. 

1.  I can separate his music from his actions.
    2.  It was long ago -back then it was OK to have sex with children.  
    3.  It was long ago, cousin marrying was OK
    4.  Other people did it, why care if he did.
    5.  He was a musical genius.  Genius means he can do whatever he wanted.
    6.  She loved him and was OK with it.  Freedom, and all.

Yeah I don't buy any of those.  People here can share those opinions , I just don't have to agree.
    And during the divorce, she alleged that she had been "subject to every type of physical  and mental abuse imaginable.”
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com