*** Pearl Jam Denver, CO Fanviews 9/22/22 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    LetMySpiritPassLetMySpiritPass Lakewood Colorado Posts: 195

• Options
    river cross was fucking great! 
  • Options
    I was unable to make Denver due to work.  Looks like I missed a beauty.  At least I don’t have regrets as I didn’t have the choice to go.  I’m happy for all who were there and hope we don’t have to wait too long for the next one.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Amazing show last night!  The energy, the crowd, Faithfull & Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns = OMG!  Thank you and see you next tour!
    Pearl Jam
    7-13-1998 Los Angeles, CA | 7-14-1998 Los Angeles, CA | 10-28-2000 San Bernardino, CA | 06-02-2003 Irvine, CA | 06-03-2003 Irvine, CA | 07-07-2006 San Diego, CA | 07-09-2006 Los Angeles, CA | 07-10-2006 Los Angeles, CA | 10-22-2014 Denver, CO | 09-22-2022 Denver, CO

EV Solo
    11-06-2012 Albuquerque, NM

• Options
    Flew out from NYC for this show and still here in Denver for the first time enjoying this amazing place. Was at MSG and to me this show was just a little bit better. Band was on fire and the setlist was just incredible. Chloe/crown, long road, just breathe, faithful, lukin… Thanks PJ!
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    This was my 8th show. My 2nd show was Denver back in 2014! 

I really liked this one. They sounded great and the band seems tighter than ever. Ed’s voice seems to hold up the entire show. I remember in 2014 by the end of the first encore he could barely sing. 

It was also my friends first time seeing Pearl Jam! He has a fresh perspective on their live show and he was blown away. The best live concert he’s ever seen. 

Long Road is a great opening song. Hearing some deep cuts from Riot Act and Binaural was super cool. Present Tense was killer. Chloe - Crown was killer. 

I’m in the minority, but I love a good song along cover towards the end. Baba O Riley in this case. It just feels like a celebration. 

The more shows I see, the harder it is to “rank” them. I’d still put Seattle night 2, 2018 and Spokane 2013 at the top of my list. 

Love this band. Love the community. Love the good times. 

Until next time! 
  • Options
    I’m gonna be that guy and say I just had an ok time last night. Band sounded great, crowd was solid, but found the setlist kinda lacking both in song selection and flow for my tastes. Think I just got one of those shows where the rarer songs just happen to be stuff I’ve seen a bunch. Loved hearing present tense and faithful, but otherwise felt like more of a hits show than the most of this leg of the tour. Walking out my brother and I were chuckling about how we got pretty much every song we said “I’d rather not hear that one” to earlier in the day
    You’re definitely not “that guy”. Denver was the 6th PJ concert my girlfriend and I have seen together. We both agreed it was easily the last of the 6. We were expecting a kick ass final night of the tour. But, the guys were just lackluster.  They seemed (rightfully?) just ready to throw in the towel. Great as always, but disappointing at the same time. 
  • Options
    RedMosquitoSmile28RedMosquitoSmile28 Posts: 280
    edited September 2022
    jray1350 said:
    I’m gonna be that guy and say I just had an ok time last night. Band sounded great, crowd was solid, but found the setlist kinda lacking both in song selection and flow for my tastes. Think I just got one of those shows where the rarer songs just happen to be stuff I’ve seen a bunch. Loved hearing present tense and faithful, but otherwise felt like more of a hits show than the most of this leg of the tour. Walking out my brother and I were chuckling about how we got pretty much every song we said “I’d rather not hear that one” to earlier in the day
    You’re definitely not “that guy”. Denver was the 6th PJ concert my girlfriend and I have seen together. We both agreed it was easily the last of the 6. We were expecting a kick ass final night of the tour. But, the guys were just lackluster.  They seemed (rightfully?) just ready to throw in the towel. Great as always, but disappointing at the same time. 
    That seems a little much. I know to each their own. I thought the band was great. They didn't seem to be done at all in my mind. I posted my long experience and I have criticisms, but for the most part a pretty decent set. I have seen better response from the casual fan to this show than I did after OKC (more complaining than I maybe have ever seen on social media after that one that they didn't play the hits). I know a few who went, who flat told me they wanted radio hits, and they all were pretty excited afterwards. 

I saw three shows in a week, and Denver was second best. OKC was far and away the winner, with Nashville third (in my mind!). I wouldn't give up any of the experiences, though. Crap, I think getting Chloe and end of main set RVM alone make this one better than average!
    Post edited by RedMosquitoSmile28 on
  • Options
    jray1350 said:
    That seems a little much. I know to each their own. I thought the band was great. They didn't seem to be done at all in my mind. I posted my long experience and I have criticisms, but for the most part a pretty decent set. I have seen better response from the casual fan to this show than I did after OKC (more complaining than I maybe have ever seen on social media after that one that they didn't play the hits). I know a few who went, who flat told me they wanted radio hits, and they all were pretty excited 

I saw three shows in a week, and Denver was second best. OKC was far and away the winner, with Nashville third (in my mind!). I wouldn't give up any of the experiences, though. Crap, I think getting Chloe and end of main set RVM alone make this one better than average!
    As I said, great as always. But, the energy just wasn’t there. Look…I was stoked getting Chloe. Then I was ready for Love Boat Captain or Hard to Imagine…or Gone…or Sad…or Inside Job..or Nothing as it Seems. This concert just didn’t set itself apart. Maybe 3 or 4 more songs would have done it.  Black, Go, State of Love and Trust, Do the Evolution, Porch, Animal, Garden and/or Why Go. 
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 741
    edited September 2022
    jray1350 said:
    jray1350 said:
    That seems a little much. I know to each their own. I thought the band was great. They didn't seem to be done at all in my mind. I posted my long experience and I have criticisms, but for the most part a pretty decent set. I have seen better response from the casual fan to this show than I did after OKC (more complaining than I maybe have ever seen on social media after that one that they didn't play the hits). I know a few who went, who flat told me they wanted radio hits, and they all were pretty excited 

As I said, great as always. But, the energy just wasn’t there. Look…I was stoked getting Chloe. Then I was ready for Love Boat Captain or Hard to Imagine…or Gone…or Sad…or Inside Job..or Nothing as it Seems. This concert just didn’t set itself apart. Maybe 3 or 4 more songs would have done it.  Black, Go, State of Love and Trust, Do the Evolution, Porch, Animal, Garden and/or Why Go. 
    And so everybody will miss some song(s). For me ( did not attend a US show, did 5 Europe shows ) on paper Oklahoma en Denver are the 2 best shows this year. Of course i can call 5 songs i would love to see in the set, but if you keep looking at it like this youll keep busy
  • Options
    jray1350 said:
    They were not lackluster. You guys seems like glass half empty Debbie downers. If you thought that was disappointing then you might want to find a new band
  • Options
    jray1350 said:
    They were not lackluster. You guys seems like glass half empty Debbie downers. If you thought that was disappointing then you might want to find a new band
    It seems like there was a disappointment for not getting some songs and it turned into they were lackluster. We all have songs we want to hear or wish something wouldn't have been played. Doesn't make it lackluster.

They also played all but Animal of the ones he wished he heard within the last week of Denver, half of them at the show right before it, and if you follow the PJ setlist game, you would know you likely aren't getting most of those. I for one liked not getting Porch for once! Especially if it meant RVM. 

Someone said on one of these fanviews or the like recently that he pretty much says his last show was the best. It's a great way to look at Pearl Jam shows. They are all so different that it becomes tough to rank, and if you start letting those disappointments sink in, it is going to screw with the experiences.
  • Options
    watch RVM from Denver and tell me if the band was lackluster or throwing in the towel. 
  • Options

• Options
    Just back from Denver. Great city, and the show did not disappoint. Our first time in GA and we went for the long wait to be a few feet from the stage. Great atmosphere; a shout out to our “bouncer” in the baseball cap just behind us who was great at clearing out a couple pushing to the front after we had all been there three hours. And great to hang out with Zach from Portland and Arthur from Brazil. That’s Arthur who said, before the show, he would buy us all beers if they finished with YB.  We didn’t get those beers yet…next time mate!
  • Options
    Great show (granted any time I can catch the guys live is great, especially after the last 2.5 years), 7th show but first show I've traveled away to, fantastic time, will definitely have to do that again. My last three shows were at Fenway so it was great to get back into a smaller arena again.

Great meeting and chatting with folks at the pre-party, thanks to Frank and Eric and crew for taking me in for the evening. Good crowd, even for the guy in front of me that came in a little over ... prepared? I kinda feel for his buddy who had to keep tabs on him for the 2nd half the show as he tried his hardest to keep upright, hope he remembers enough of the show to make it worth it.
    08.27.00 Saratoga | 05.13.06 Hartford | 10.15.13 Worcester | 08.07.16 Fenway | 09.02.18 Fenway | 09.04.18 Fenway | 09.22.22 Denver
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    I had a blast!
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    Love the comment someone said “the last pearljam show I saw was the best one”!.. TRUE THAT MY FRIEND!!!  as they’re all very unique and take on their own vibes… And I think a lot has to do with the people around you you’re sitting with,.. hanging with ,..Jammin’ with etc etc
    As this was my 35th Pearl Jam show… pretty cool my first PJ show was red rocks 95’ here in Denver so it’s been a great 27 years and came full circle back here in Denver… I turned 50 this year and for the first time in my life I could afford to travel with them as I hit the last five shows of this tour... and so cool my uncle Bill retired here to Denver from Omaha 8 years ago and was kind to let my stay with him and his wonderful wifey! And as so many times in the past,.. i came with another one of those.. "first time seeing PJ'.. and man did he love it!!! he kept going on and on about how amazing of a front man eddie is!! and uncle Bill has seen some shows in his 71 years on this planet. He was noting the shows he's seen by Clapton, Eagles, Bruce, Stones, etc etc.. He kept noting Ed's connection with the crowd and just how flat out entertaining it was..this was also the only of the final 5 i didn't have 10c seats.. but paid a tad extra over face and we sat side stage/stone side about 15 rows up and it was amazing!!! TBH.. couldn't imagine sitting upper bowl when you can sit side stage for half the price!!!
    as for set lists goes.. again.. to each his own.. as IMO.. this may have been my fav of the final 5.. but they all so close to judge.. WHY??
    highlights for me tonight though were "LONG ROAD".. crowd seem to have never heard of it!!! but i loved every minute of it.. and then crowd quickly woke up as it got to jammin' fairly quickly!!! other favs of the night were Spin black circle, faithful and Save u!!! another great show under my belt and we'll see ya'll next tour.. PS.. can't thank enough for all the wonderful people we sat and visited with..Uncle Bill kept going on and on about the extended PJ family!!! he kept noting... everyone was in such a good mood, before, during and after.. Pearl jam concerts should give us all hope!!! in the crazy messed up world we live in.. for them few hours in that arena.. it was pretty magical! Peace from PJBob out of Omaha, NE... See ya'll next tour...

• Options
    Wow,  great people in the GA line!

Didn't get everyone's name, actually only Jeremy.

But there was
    "The girl from Saskatchewan" 
    "Mr. 6'6" and
    "Dude with coolest custom PJ jacket ever"  all rail riders! 

Saskatchewan caught MM when he jumped in the crowd.  

If any of you see this, msg me back!

• Options
    digdougreiddigdougreid Sedalia VA Posts: 10
    ^^^ Nutshell by Alice in Chains.   The Plutalone set was off the hook! Stone and Josh doing Buttercup was amazing and then to have the entire band except Ed on stage to play the Pluralone great track Offend… what a treat for the fans. 
    I thought Mike was about to thrash his amp and guitar during the Nutshell solo. The whole Pluralone set with all the sit-ins really built up the excitement. 
    98 Greenville | 00 Charlotte | 00 Greensboro | 00 Atlanta | 00 Tampa | 03 Raleigh | 03 Charlotte | 03 Atlanta | 18 Wrigley #2 | 22 Denver
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    ruggs1996 said:
    Flew out from NYC for this show and still here in Denver for the first time enjoying this amazing place. Was at MSG and to me this show was just a little bit better. Band was on fire and the setlist was just incredible. Chloe/crown, long road, just breathe, faithful, lukin… Thanks PJ!

Were you sitting next to us? (Old folks in masks, we were at MSG also)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options

Ya we saw Pearl Jam!

Happy Anniversary weekend!! Keep ‘em coming please ;-)