Options

Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert UK

2»

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Jumb0 said:
    There Goes my Hero with Shane on drums. 

All of the feels. Shane plays exactly like his dad.

thought the exact same thing. I think he also paid tribute to Eddie Van Halen with his shorts :smile:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    pjpitt89 said:
    Yeah I am so disappointed the whole thing isn’t available 
    I really hope so too, because what I saw of the CBS broadcast that I also saw of the unedited one, they cut out the video messages and a lot of the intros. 
  • Options
    Someone posted a link to the entire show on a thread in the Metallica Forum. Scroll down to the 428th post:

https://forums.metallica.com/t/rip-taylor-hawkins/51794/436?u=ymalkiel

✌🏼❤️
  • Options
    ymalkiel said:
    Someone posted a link to the entire show on a thread in the Metallica Forum. Scroll down to the 428th post:

https://forums.metallica.com/t/rip-taylor-hawkins/51794/436?u=ymalkiel

YOU, my friend, are a FANTASTIC SPECIMEN of a HUMAN! Thank you for this link!!!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,286
    Paramount+ have the whole concert up now
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,251
    Loved seeing TCV back together. It's time for another album and tour, although I'd say persuading John Paul Jones to do it might be the stumbling block. He's 76 now.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    Edved82 said:
    Loved seeing TCV back together. It's time for another album and tour, although I'd say persuading John Paul Jones to do it might be the stumbling block. He's 76 now.
    I'd never seen or heard them before, they were so good! I also couldn't get over how versatile Josh Homme's voice is. I saw QOTSA a good few times, but not really seen him do other bands or covers, he's really damn good!
  • Options
    The whole Queen thing was amazing too. You could tell a LOT of the Wembley audience was incredibly moved by that in particular, as well of course as the Foos songs & all the emotions there.

Just loved the mixing and matching of musicians and the inter-generational angle to it all. Love & respect will get a lot of stubborn people to do a lot of things they didn't think they'd do again... it was beautiful to behold.
  • Options
    From what I have seen it was incredible. Can’t imagine being there wow. Hope the Foos don’t give up! Selfishly, I want to see Dave live. 
  • Options
    Edved82 said:
    I can’t imagine he’s too old to at least get in the studio… LFG TCV
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 606
    Jumb0 said:
    There Goes my Hero with Shane on drums. 

All of the feels. Shane plays exactly like his dad.

thought the exact same thing. I think he also paid tribute to Eddie Van Halen with his shorts :smile:

Those were Taylor's actual shorts. And that kid fucking wailed on drums. I wish he was a bit older and could take his dad's place in the band. Josh Freese wouldn't be a bad choice for now, though.

I love TCV but was disappointed by their mini set. I wish they'd just done 3 of their own songs instead of two covers. Josh Homme earlier in the show singing Bowie was really damn good though.

Chappelle's story of hanging with Taylor & his son at a jazz club had me all misty eyed.

As a huge VH fan Wolfgang was the highlight of the night for me. He absolutely RIPPED Eddie's parts and I was thrilled to hear them play On Fire. It was kinda weird seeing Grohl on bass but to no surprise he was awesome. And Justin Hawkins was great on vocals.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 606
    Oh, and Violet Grohl is super talented. Her cover of Valerie with the whole audience singing along was greatness.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    Speaking of Josh Freese… he put this up on instagram earlier… 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiK3wopvs17/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

What a great story. It’s pretty amazing how many people Hawkins impacted. 
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,251
    JH6056 said:
    Edved82 said:
    I'd never seen or heard them before, they were so good! I also couldn't get over how versatile Josh Homme's voice is. I saw QOTSA a good few times, but not really seen him do other bands or covers, he's really damn good!

It's definitely worth checking out their album, it's fantastic. Plus, there's lots of live stuff on YouTube too. Any band with Grohl and Jones as the rhythm section is not going to suck!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    I am lucky enough to be going to the Los Angeles show...start time is 7pm....G-d only knows how late it will run!

Definitely need a disco nap that afternoon!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I am lucky enough to be going to the Los Angeles show...start time is 7pm....G-d only knows how late it will run!

Is "Disco nap" code for doing blow?
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    edited September 2022
    Essentially, a disco nap means having a quick siesta before you head out for that evening's activities. If done properly, a pre-party snooze can conjure a second wind that you can ride right out the door.

but something cocaine related does seem more accurate 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Nope.....it is a quick nap before staying out late.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    20 minutes is usually sufficient
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Essentially, a disco nap means having a quick siesta before you head out for that evening's activities. If done properly, a pre-party snooze can conjure a second wind that you can ride right out the door.

but something cocaine related does seem more accurate 
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Nope.....it is a quick nap before staying out late.
    I think Disco Nap should have a new meaning, lol!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,286
    We watched the UK show again on Paramount+ over the last few nights. It’s funny that they kept all of the long delays between songs, but cut Liam’s set!

I’ve gone back to Gunman, Times Like These, and My Hero again and again. Josh should probably stay away from Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, that was tough to watch! He nailed Let’s Dance though.

I thought Gaz Coombes was great. I love Supergrass and he did a great job of the covers too.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    edited September 2022
    Danny Carey, Kim Thayil & Tommy Lee added to the LA show. 
    Have more drummers!!! 
    Hope TCV plays some more off their album. 
    I would love to hear Elephants  Scumbag Blues or Reptiles.