Covid Nashville

1235»

Comments

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2022
    Sorry to hear the grave news. You only have a 99.9 chance of survival at this point. I'll write in your obituary that you went out rocking at a pearl jam concert. Would you prefer for indifference or yellow ledbetter as your send off?
    As someone who recently had Covid, is fully vaccinated and still almost ended up dying and in the icu, I raise my middle finger to you on both hands. Now I’m only being nice as to not have this thread locked and my post removed. I’m sure others don’t really see the humour in your post as they may have or know someone else who has been affected by Covid. Maybe instead of a being  a jackass, have some compassion. The world has enough dicks already, no need to add to the total. 
    Wow man… had no idea of course. So thankful that you recovered. Of course, we both knew a jackass when we read It, probably from watching SCTV when we were kids? I forget Joe Flaherty’s character, but he always called people a jackass lol. 

Seriously though… so happy for you and your family my friend. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • DEGBTI said:
    last week recorded Covid deaths in San Diego County,

9 deaths total
    6 over 80 years old
    2 over 70 years old
    1 over 60 years old

All 9 had underlying conditions per 10 News, ABC News affiliate

Don't shoot the messenger, just posting the facts on current Covid situation in my home town.
    …. and the 60+ year old turns out to be your relative. Once they are gone you mourn that they “were taken to early” and you have to live with the fact you did nothing to prevent it. Did you spread it to them? You will never really know because, of course, you wouldn’t get tested. 

It is only your conscience you have to deal with in the end. 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,976
    JM39842 said:
    vant0037 said:
    Add one more to the list.  Wore a mask the whole Nasvhille show, on the plane, but didn't at a couple other parts of the weekend.  Been very careful for two years and hadn't caught it.  First vacation in a bit.  Just stinks because of the sheer luck of it. Or bad luck of it.  However you want to phrase it, it stinks because while I got my updated booster about two weeks before the show,  so thankfully, so far, its just a cold, I'm also living in the basement away from my family for a few days.  

If you don't want Covid, wear a mask and get vaxxed.  If you don't wear a mask somewhere, accept that you might get it.  If you don't like to read about Covid, don't read about it.  No one cares about your opinion.

Wear a mask.  Get vaxxed.  Be kind for godsakes.
    “If you don’t want covid, get vaxxed and wear a mask” says the person who just got a booster and got covid lol. “No one cares about your opinion” says the person who just gave theirs and told ppl what to do. I’m not vaxxed, don’t mask, never had covid, but don’t care if others vax or mask. To each their own. I’m not anti-vax but rather refuse to get something Trump pushed so hard and rushed through testing so he could be the hero. My wife and son got it last year with no symptoms except loss of taste and smell for a coupe weeks, and I still didn’t get it. Doesn’t mean I am the rule, more like the exception and just lucky i guess. But if others feel it’s best to vax and mask, go for it. Your body, your choice. Wishing all who got it a speedy recovery and mild symptoms!
    The vaccines were not rushed through testing.  Regardless, we now have a massive amount of real-world data on the vaccines, which have been administered billions of times and proven to be safe and effective-- not as effective at preventing infection as originally thought, due to the rise of variants, but effective at limiting* transmission and minimizing serious illness and death.  This reminds me of someone who recently told me that he's not completely dead-set against getting vaccinated, but he's just not going to be the first one to get it.  I was like, "Um, you wouldn't be anywhere close to the first person to get it."  There was some logic to his position in January 2021, but not in September 2022.

* Key point: Nothing is 100 percent, and just because something is not 100 percent effective, that doesn't mean it doesn't "work" or that it doesn't limit transmission.  Condoms are not 100 percent effective at preventing pregnancy or sexually transmitted infections, but no one declares that this means condoms "don't work" so people shouldn't bother with them.  If a mask prevents 80 percent of infections, or 50 percent, or even 25 percent (and the efficacy will often come down to what kind of mask it is and whether it was worn properly), that still goes a long way towards limiting the spread of the disease and thus preventing sickness and death.

Having said all that. we're not going to have large numbers of people wearing masks anymore, or taking many precautions at all.  For some people, it's a malicious, politically driven act of cultural warfare, but for most, it's just a function of "fatigue" and a desire for "normality" (or a lack of awareness of the level of virus spread that still exists in the population).  Whatever the reasons, it's where we are.  There are almost no mask mandates left, and the ones that remain are not enforced.  If you don't want to wear a mask, or get tested if you're exposed, or tell people or quarantine if you get infected, no one is going to make you.  But I'm going to take reasonable steps to try to protect myself and other people from a deadly and prevalent disease regardless of what other people do or say to me.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Just wanted to let the group know I tested positive this morning and I was in the pit in Nashville. Timing makes sense so that’s probably where I got it. Stay healthy people!
    Where in the pit?  I was in front of Ed.
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    edited September 2022
    DEGBTI said:
    last week recorded Covid deaths in San Diego County,

9 deaths total
    6 over 80 years old
    2 over 70 years old
    1 over 60 years old

All 9 had underlying conditions per 10 News, ABC News affiliate

Don't shoot the messenger, just posting the facts on current Covid situation in my home town.
    …. and the 60+ year old turns out to be your relative. Once they are gone you mourn that they “were taken to early” and you have to live with the fact you did nothing to prevent it. Did you spread it to them? You will never really know because, of course, you wouldn’t get tested. 

It is only your conscience you have to deal with in the end. 
    Post edited by DEGBTI on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,375
    BF25394 said:
    JM39842 said:
    vant0037 said:
    Add one more to the list.  Wore a mask the whole Nasvhille show, on the plane, but didn't at a couple other parts of the weekend.  Been very careful for two years and hadn't caught it.  First vacation in a bit.  Just stinks because of the sheer luck of it. Or bad luck of it.  However you want to phrase it, it stinks because while I got my updated booster about two weeks before the show,  so thankfully, so far, its just a cold, I'm also living in the basement away from my family for a few days.  

If you don't want Covid, wear a mask and get vaxxed.  If you don't wear a mask somewhere, accept that you might get it.  If you don't like to read about Covid, don't read about it.  No one cares about your opinion.

“If you don’t want covid, get vaxxed and wear a mask” says the person who just got a booster and got covid lol. “No one cares about your opinion” says the person who just gave theirs and told ppl what to do. I’m not vaxxed, don’t mask, never had covid, but don’t care if others vax or mask. To each their own. I’m not anti-vax but rather refuse to get something Trump pushed so hard and rushed through testing so he could be the hero. My wife and son got it last year with no symptoms except loss of taste and smell for a coupe weeks, and I still didn’t get it. Doesn’t mean I am the rule, more like the exception and just lucky i guess. But if others feel it’s best to vax and mask, go for it. Your body, your choice. Wishing all who got it a speedy recovery and mild symptoms!
    The vaccines were not rushed through testing.  Regardless, we now have a massive amount of real-world data on the vaccines, which have been administered billions of times and proven to be safe and effective-- not as effective at preventing infection as originally thought, due to the rise of variants, but effective at limiting* transmission and minimizing serious illness and death.  This reminds me of someone who recently told me that he's not completely dead-set against getting vaccinated, but he's just not going to be the first one to get it.  I was like, "Um, you wouldn't be anywhere close to the first person to get it."  There was some logic to his position in January 2021, but not in September 2022.

* Key point: Nothing is 100 percent, and just because something is not 100 percent effective, that doesn't mean it doesn't "work" or that it doesn't limit transmission.  Condoms are not 100 percent effective at preventing pregnancy or sexually transmitted infections, but no one declares that this means condoms "don't work" so people shouldn't bother with them.  If a mask prevents 80 percent of infections, or 50 percent, or even 25 percent (and the efficacy will often come down to what kind of mask it is and whether it was worn properly), that still goes a long way towards limiting the spread of the disease and thus preventing sickness and death.

Having said all that. we're not going to have large numbers of people wearing masks anymore, or taking many precautions at all.  For some people, it's a malicious, politically driven act of cultural warfare, but for most, it's just a function of "fatigue" and a desire for "normality" (or a lack of awareness of the level of virus spread that still exists in the population).  Whatever the reasons, it's where we are.  There are almost no mask mandates left, and the ones that remain are not enforced.  If you don't want to wear a mask, or get tested if you're exposed, or tell people or quarantine if you get infected, no one is going to make you.  But I'm going to take reasonable steps to try to protect myself and other people from a deadly and prevalent disease regardless of what other people do or say to me.
    Very well articulated.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    BF25394 said:
    JM39842 said:
    vant0037 said:

Very very well said & 100% true.
  • silver39 said:
    Just wanted to let the group know I tested positive this morning and I was in the pit in Nashville. Timing makes sense so that’s probably where I got it. Stay healthy people!
    I was towards the middle by stones side 
  • silver39 said:
    It's Stones fault.... Again.
  • No need for profanity. Let's keep it civil.

You first 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Boy some things never change 😂
    I remember the backlash in here in 2020 when i posted this was going to be a big deal and the tour was probably going to be cancelled. Got attacked by several. Unfortunate to see some are still in denial. Live your lives but this isn't something to completely dismiss yet. It will be someday, but not yet. 

The FB Groups for Nashville and St Louis have dozens of folks testing positive but thankfully nobody seems to be particularly bad off. 

I had a somewhat mild case in May (first time) after a festival, and still have lingering numbness in a couple toes (Covid toes) and my short term memory is foggy as hell. Hopefully it will clear up with time buf 4 months later I'm not optimistic. Lingering neurological damage is comparatively common with this, unfortunately. 

Did 4 shows this tour, 3 in the Pit plus lots of wishlist parties, cardinals games, train and plane rides and have managed to test negative thankfully, 

Get well soon to those who picked up the bug. Hopefully with no long term impact 👍🏼

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Boy some things never change 😂
    I remember the backlash in here in 2020 when i posted this was going to be a big deal and the tour was probably going to be cancelled. Got attacked by several. Unfortunate to see some are still in denial. Live your lives but this isn't something to completely dismiss yet. It will be someday, but not yet. 

The FB Groups for Nashville and St Louis have dozens of folks testing positive but thankfully nobody seems to be particularly bad off. 

I had a somewhat mild case in May (first time) after a festival, and still have lingering numbness in a couple toes (Covid toes) and my short term memory is foggy as hell. Hopefully it will clear up with time buf 4 months later I'm not optimistic. Lingering neurological damage is comparatively common with this, unfortunately. 

Did 4 shows this tour, 3 in the Pit plus lots of wishlist parties, cardinals games, train and plane rides and have managed to test negative thankfully, 

Get well soon to those who picked up the bug. Hopefully with no long term impact 👍🏼

I've never had it, and I'm sure I'll get it at some point, but what you outlined here is why I'm still wary of getting it. Hope things improve for you. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited September 2022
    BF25394 said:
    JM39842 said:
    vant0037 said:

I was at the airport traveling last week and maybe 1 out of 50 was wearing a mask.  In my opinion it isn't fatigue or a desire to return to normalcy that is the reason for people not wearing masks. It is that the general public isn't concerned about the risk anymore.   They know it is there and they can get sick, but clearly they don't believe based odds that they'll get very sick.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    JH6056 said:
    pjl44 said:
    RK50065 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Hope everyone is feeling OK with only mild cases.

I ended up wearing a mask at the Nashville and StL shows because I could not risk bringing COVID home to my family.  Definitely impacted the show experience a bit.
    how did it impact the show?
    Whenever I wear a mask for that long it starts getting uncomfortable to breath and I wind up with a sore throat. Beyond that, annoying to drink, can't sing along, no cheering between songs, and annoying to talk between sets.
    What kind of mask do you wear? I have a brand of KN95 masks that I like a lot. I wore a mask for all of MSG even though I was on an aisle seat and felt not that crushed/crowded in (and wore a mask for most of the Apollo which was much more crowded) and I don't have that discomfort with breathing, although my throat does get a bit dry at times. Have worn it through countless live shows with minimal discomfort. What kind of mask do you use? Happy to send a link to the ones I buy (no, I do not work for the company or benefit from them selling more!) just in case you find them more comfy.

Oh, wait, were you GA? In that case you probably had to wear your mask a lot longer than I did.  But still may be worth trying other masks for future shows.
    Wearing a mask for 3 or 4 hours, most of that time singling along and moving around, is going to get uncomfortable no matter what brand or type of mask you wear. 
    edited September 2022
    mace1229 said:
    JH6056 said:
    pjl44 said:
    RK50065 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Hope everyone is feeling OK with only mild cases.

I ended up wearing a mask at the Nashville and StL shows because I could not risk bringing COVID home to my family.  Definitely impacted the show experience a bit.
    how did it impact the show?
    Whenever I wear a mask for that long it starts getting uncomfortable to breath and I wind up with a sore throat. Beyond that, annoying to drink, can't sing along, no cheering between songs, and annoying to talk between sets.
    What kind of mask do you wear? I have a brand of KN95 masks that I like a lot. I wore a mask for all of MSG even though I was on an aisle seat and felt not that crushed/crowded in (and wore a mask for most of the Apollo which was much more crowded) and I don't have that discomfort with breathing, although my throat does get a bit dry at times. Have worn it through countless live shows with minimal discomfort. What kind of mask do you use? Happy to send a link to the ones I buy (no, I do not work for the company or benefit from them selling more!) just in case you find them more comfy.

Oh, wait, were you GA? In that case you probably had to wear your mask a lot longer than I did.  But still may be worth trying other masks for future shows.
    Wearing a mask for 3 or 4 hours, most of that time singling along and moving around, is going to get uncomfortable no matter what brand or type of mask you wear. 
    Yeah, but I went to a festival in July 2021, and wore a mask ALL DAY for 4 days. I wore different masks different days and which mask I wore made ALL THE DIFFERENCE in how manageable or miserable it was. And each day was much longer than 4 hours so...  (And yes it was outdoors, and yes mostly I would have felt comfy outside without a mask on, but we were still getting used to being at shows then and often in fronts of stages so people right next to  you all around, so wore them THE WHOLE TIME except when eating off in some grassy corner).

Also, we're not all the same. Some people have a high tolerance for them, some want to snatch it off their faces the moment they're on. And everyone else in between.  So comfort or breatheability while still being N95 or KN95 makes a big difference depending on mask or person. That was my point.
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Feeling a lil sluggish after getting the new vax yesterday…. Weather got really cold in NY… gonna just order in/ spin some records & watch Judge swing for the fences

tomorrow Metallica if I feel better 🤠
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    It's over anyway, the tour. So everyone can go back to what we do and do what works for you. Maybe another tour someday and we can pick up right where we left off. But for now, have a good one! 
  • CROJAM95 said:
    Feeling a lil sluggish after getting the new vax yesterday…. Weather got really cold in NY… gonna just order in/ spin some records & watch Judge swing for the fences

Does that make 4 shots for you now?
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    My guest got COVID at MSG. I wore a KN95 and did not. Worth it! 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    silver39 said:
    It's Stones fault.... Again.
    LOL!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
     Zod said:
    I think this is part of going to concerts now.  I got Covid going to the Oakland shows earlier this year.

Must have been the show... couldn't possibly have been the pre-party, post party, hotel, restaurant, gas station, bar, airport, etc...   =)
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

edited September 2022
    myoung321 said:
     Zod said:
    I think this is part of going to concerts now.  I got Covid going to the Oakland shows earlier this year.

Must have been the show... couldn't possibly have been the pre-party, post party, hotel, restaurant, gas station, bar, airport, etc...   =)
    The thing is, for every single one of those other than the show, someone being careful has control over how close they are next to others and for how long. In most of those other environments you can stand outside the party to talk, wear a mask when you're inside getting food/drinks, only talk closely with your friends who you trust, etc. The show is the only place in all of those where you have no control over who you're surrounded by, how close they stand (if you are in GA pit and want to be close or in the assigned seats), and you're there for HOURS.

So yeah, for those otherwise being careful, yeah, it's most likely the show if you were being careful otherwise and ended up with Covid.
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I got it from the Phoenix show in May.  Was at Denver and so far so good.  Day 4 right now....
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    First off, quick thanks to OP and others sharing updates. After Nashville I had a work trip for the first time in years and was a little extra mindful of masking and getting tested before I met up with colleagues. Tested negative so not a problem, but appreciate the transparency.
  • I had in person work meetings last Thursday and Friday after being at a lot of shows.  Took a home test Thursday morning before the meetings.  Those things aren’t perfect but better than nothing.  All is good.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Wilco87Wilco87 Posts: 33
    edited September 2022
    CROJAM95 said:

I got the new vax yesterday, also feel sluggish.

Oddly, the first 3 shots my arm always felt dead like I pitched never ending batting practice. This recent one, no issues. I can serve them up on a platter if anyone wants to take some hacks.