Force of Nature in DENVER!!!!

Hello!  I would like to request Force of Nature for Dallas "Dally". Dally is my granddaughter, she is a two year old girl from Cheyenne, Wyoming. Dally was born with a rare condition that required her to have a tracheotomy and g-tube to survive. She was life-flighted to Denver Children’s Hospital shortly after she was born.  There was one goal when she was in the hospital, to get her home fast!  COVID-19 made that more difficult. 2020, the year she was born, was generally a dumpster fire!  In order to visit her we had to make trips to Denver every day.  While at the hospital Mom, Dad, Grandma, and I had to learn how to care for her complex needs. You see in Wyoming, there is no assistance for her condition. Therefore, it would be up to us to do it ourselves.

When Dally was first born and we were uncertain of her future, is when I decided to gift my 2016 Miami, Fl.  Pearl Jam poster. Background on the poster, this poster is from a Pearl Jam concert in Miami that my wife, youngest daughter, and I attended in 2016.  This poster is a bit unique because it represents a song in their catalog called Force of Nature. Dally was going to need every ounce of determination that she had to survive! Dally needed to be full of energy, unstoppable, unchallengeable, and unforgettable…a Force of Nature!

The poster became a symbol for me as I sat in my office waiting to hear about Dally while my wife drove to be with our daughter and Dally at Denver Children’s Hospital.  I knew my daughter needed something to take her mind off what seemed like a hopeless situation.  In the weeks that followed, I would sit and think about Dally and stare at the poster praying, hoping, and wishing things would be better than they were the day before.  I brought it to her new home in Cheyenne and we hung it on the wall.  The first thing in her room!  At the time, I did not know in a few months I would be moving to Cheyenne myself and living with our children as we transitioned Dally home September 15th, 2020. Two years today! Those early mornings after she came home, I would find myself in her room looking at the poster wondering what would happen.  As Dally grew stronger it became a symbol representing the will to live she had.  When I look at the poster now I am reminded how far we have come in two short years and how much more there is to come.

In the spring of 2020, while my daughter was pregnant with Dally, the four of us had Denver tickets that we have kept. I am proud to say, that two years and a week since we brought her home we will be bringing her back to Denver but this time for a Pearl Jam concert! It is the only way the four of us will be able to go and Ball Arena has been gracious in accommodating us to make this happen. We refuse to let a situation dictate our future. So I would like to request Force of Nature for Dally. Dally is one tough girl a true Force of Nature! Also, it has not been played for 12 years and only 11 times in total. 

I hope this message can find it's way to Ed and the band. 

Dan

Comments

• Bump for Dally. Inspiring story, would love to see this happen!
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • So glad you'll be able to make it - it would be awesome if this could happen.
  • Force of Nature!!
  • TC116698TC116698 Denver Posts: 47
    Would love to hear this song and your story makes it sweeter. It's my favorite on the album
    "Up here so high, the sky I scrape"
  • yes please!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 961
    Hope it happens for you 
  • F5F5 Posts: 789
    Just about to make a similar post! It was amazing on the Backspacer tour. It needs to be resurrected. Let’s make this happen!
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • +1 for Dally and Force of Nature tonight! 
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    One last pre show bump. Great family, I hope they get their song.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.