Options

The Queen dies

2»

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    I love this poster..

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    edited September 2022
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    That story’s beautifully hilarious, thanks for sharing it!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Hail to Banksy!!

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited September 2022
    23scidoo said:
    isn’t it a bit ironic that he wasn’t just fighting for independence but for an end to british rule so Greece could annex Cyprus? Isn’t  that just trading one imperial power for another?

there has been a lot of imperialism historically on the part of Greece as well. Some factions even support reconstituting parts the Byzantine empire based on past territorial claims by Greece.  Those ideas seem to come up anytime there is an opportunity to expand. Cyprus being a somewhat recent example.

In 1974  Greece was still trying to overthrow the government of independent Cyprus 

golden dawn today supports the concept of “the Megali Idea”, which in practice is basically what Russia is actually doing with former Russian lands.  For example, if you speak Russian, and Russia use to control it then Russia is entitled to control it today.  It’s imperialist ideology no question 

the death of the queen undoubtedly will bring up the past history of the british empire however it’s also important to consider all the other kids imperialist  ideas floating around even today.
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    isn’t it a bit ironic that he wasn’t just fighting for independence but for an end to british rule so Greece could annex Cyprus? Isn’t  that just trading one imperial power for another?

there has been a lot of imperialism historically on the part of Greece as well. Some factions even support reconstituting parts the Byzantine empire based on past territorial claims by Greece.  Those ideas seem to come up anytime there is an opportunity to expand. Cyprus being a somewhat recent example.

In 1974  Greece was still trying to overthrow the government of independent Cyprus 

golden dawn today supports the concept of “the Megali Idea”, which in practice is basically what Russia is actually doing with former Russian lands.  For example, if you speak Russian, and Russia use to control it then Russia is entitled to control it today.  It’s imperialist ideology no question 

the death of the queen undoubtedly will bring up the past history of the british empire however it’s also important to consider all the other kids imperialist  ideas floating around even today.
    Who is imperial power??.. Greece??

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:

And also, when the invasion in Cyprus happend, there was dictatorship in Greece..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

And also, when the invasion in Cyprus happend, there was dictatorship in Greece..
    By saying Golden Dawn, if you mean the neonazi organisation, which are in prison now, the Megali Idea, has nothing to do with them.. always friendly yeah..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com