Options

New Hendrix live album

GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
Jimi Hendrix Experience live at the Los Angeles Forum: April 26, 1969 to be released in November.
https://youtu.be/G5w3tbjUU4M

Comments

• Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 605
    Is it going to be high quality or one of those Dagger Records glorified bootlegs?
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,720
    ZoSoTim said:
    Is it going to be high quality or one of those Dagger Records glorified bootlegs?

It's an Experience Hendrix L.L.C. / Legacy Recordings, Recorded by Wally Heider and Bill Halverson, and remixed by Eddie Kramer, so I would say it has the potential to be quite good.  But I will definitely wait and see what more I can learn and possibly hear before shelling out more cash.  Some of the live Hendrix albums have been great but some- like the Clark University show- not so impressive (I re-sold that one, loosing a little money on the purchase).

What I really wish is that there was more quality filming of Jimi Hendrix playing live.  Watching Hendrix perform was half the magic and fun of a live show.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    Thanks for the heads-up
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    This looks promising but I haven't ordered it yet. Might buy the cd to see how it is before paying for the vinyl and being disappointed