Options

WEATHER

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
edited November 2011 in A Moving Train
ok,this year is crazy,,we have summer into the winter..21celcium at 15:00 in Volos Greece,last year we had 3-5 at this time of the year
how is the weather where u live and where is that?
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    edited September 2022
    It's a bit warm here today, 104°F, expected to top out at 107°F in a few hours and then hit 110°F tomorrow.  I've stepped out a few time to check it out and it feels really strange.  You can almost smell the heat. 
    Sacramento just down the hill today 113°F, tomorrow 114°F.
    (Those temps in °C:  40, 41+, and 43.+)

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    brianlux said:
    It's a bit warm here today, 104°F, expected to top out at 107°F in a few hours and then hit 110°F tomorrow.  I've stepped out a few time to check it out and it feels really strange.  You can almost smell the heat. 

Try Ottawa. Sunday morning was 55 degrees. Chilly.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Try Ottawa. Sunday morning was 55 degrees. Chilly.

131 Fahrenheit?!  YEOW!!!

Oh, you mean 55 as in 55 Fahrenheit.  That sounds heavenly.  Give me cool any day, every day!

Today the forecast got bumped down from 110 to 109.  I told my wife we should go jogging at 3 PM list afternoon.  Oh the look I got. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Ouch. Be careful out there Bri. Here on LI coolest and rainiest day in months.  High of only 70. 
  • Options
    Ouch. Be careful out there Bri. Here on LI coolest and rainiest day in months.  High of only 70. 

Heavenly! 
    Maybe another reason John Steinbeck left Salinas CA and moved almost as far east in the U.S. as he could get to Sag Harbor.  I sometime think I would like living in Montauk where my uncle-in-law came from.

• Options
    Some parts up north got 9" of rain.  NINE.

We have had a drought so it's much needed rain but man, dumping that much is a bad thing.  We had people die in the city from 5" getting dropped in minutes.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Heavenly! 
    Maybe another reason John Steinbeck left Salinas CA and moved almost as far east in the U.S. as he could get to Sag Harbor.  I sometime think I would like living in Montauk where my uncle-in-law came from.

Great burger place we like to stop off at in sag harbor after we vaca in Montauk! Great beach town, water everywhere, cool ocean breezes, bay, sound, lake, pond. Great sunsets for east coast also. Issue is hamptons traffic. I’d love to live there, but house prices are insane!
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Heavenly! 

Great burger place we like to stop off at in sag harbor after we vaca in Montauk! Great beach town, water everywhere, cool ocean breezes, bay, sound, lake, pond. Great sunsets for east coast also. Issue is hamptons traffic. I’d love to live there, but house prices are insane!
    Awful place, lol.  It's great in the off season though.  No people, perfect.  I live in Long Beach so I'm spoiled...

Plus if you own a helicopter then Hamptons and Montauk, North fork, is where it's at.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Heavenly! 

brianlux said:

Heavenly! 

Awful place, lol.  It's great in the off season though.  No people, perfect.  I live in Long Beach so I'm spoiled...

Plus if you own a helicopter then Hamptons and Montauk, North fork, is where it's at.

The rubber band on my helicopter is broken so... beam me up, Scotties! 

• Options
    Tough week in these parts!
    "California’s state capital of Sacramento on Tuesday hit an all-time high of 116F (47C), breaking a 97-year-old record. Six places in the San Francisco Bay Area and central coast set all-time record maximum temperatures, including Santa Rosa, with 115F (46C)."