Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,883
    SHZA said:
    Hate to rip the band for this process cause their hearts were in the right spot, but the timing could not have been worse. The inability to sell tickets for less than face value is basically causing a lot of us to lose large sums of money. Came down with Covid last week (doing fine) and already hate to eat Oakland N1 tickets. Now staring down losing $600 for 4 seats to Sacramento. Hoping to still go but if I can’t they’ve given me no out for reselling, I’d happily sell at half face value. We all hate scalping but at some point tickets are worth what demand dictates. Now demand is at all time lows and the band thinks this is the best strategy? In the middle of a pandemic that’s taking out fans nightly and their own drummer? Decent chance I’m going to be out almost $1,000 for 2 shows I didn’t attend, while the seats sat empty. Complete garbage.
    I know it sucks.
    My only suggestion would be to post for sale below face here and on the many fb pages, etc and promise to refund half the price via paypal/venmo once someone purchases them on TM and provides you with a copy of the receipt verifying that they're the ones who bought them.
    I did precisely that and admin deleted it and threatened to ban me. Same thing happened when I made a similar offer in one of the Facebook groups run by Wishlist. I was blocked from posting for 48 hours. Ridiculous that they are trying to block side deals between fans 

10c Admin bots threatening to ban paying 10c members for trying to get some relief from the well-intentioned but flawed policy 10c locked them into is quite something. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 613
    Thanks, guess I won’t go that route then. Hard to believe the band would leave fans hanging in this poor of a position but I guess it’s out of their control. I feel for those who are in a rough spot financially. Fan tests positive, can’t attend, can’t sell their tickets at even less than face and loses everything, seats sits empty. Great to see all the progress we’ve made since the TM dispute of ‘95. Now it’s a crime to try and sell a ticket for less than it’s inflated value states. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,116
    edited May 2022
    SHZA said:
    Hate to rip the band for this process cause their hearts were in the right spot, but the timing could not have been worse. The inability to sell tickets for less than face value is basically causing a lot of us to lose large sums of money. Came down with Covid last week (doing fine) and already hate to eat Oakland N1 tickets. Now staring down losing $600 for 4 seats to Sacramento. Hoping to still go but if I can’t they’ve given me no out for reselling, I’d happily sell at half face value. We all hate scalping but at some point tickets are worth what demand dictates. Now demand is at all time lows and the band thinks this is the best strategy? In the middle of a pandemic that’s taking out fans nightly and their own drummer? Decent chance I’m going to be out almost $1,000 for 2 shows I didn’t attend, while the seats sat empty. Complete garbage.
    I know it sucks.
    My only suggestion would be to post for sale below face here and on the many fb pages, etc and promise to refund half the price via paypal/venmo once someone purchases them on TM and provides you with a copy of the receipt verifying that they're the ones who bought them.
    I did precisely that and admin deleted it and threatened to ban me. Same thing happened when I made a similar offer in one of the Facebook groups run by Wishlist. I was blocked from posting for 48 hours. Ridiculous that they are trying to block side deals between fans 

Ah, so you must have been the one who caused them to make that post on FB saying ppl would be blocked for selling below face. It received nothing but outrage in response. Then right after, they posted that ppl were going to be blocked for selling above face, and deleted the previous post, which many took as a correction of that statement.
    But you're right, there's absolutely no 10C policy that prohibits reselling tickets for below face value. That's 100% a Ticketmaster/LiveNation policy that they put in place on their site so that they won't be undersold on unsold tickets (they do it for all shows, not just PJ). So, the admins here and on FB aren't upholding any 10C rules, they're just doing TM/LN dirty work for them.
    Post edited by aisleseats on
  • Options
    Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 586
    Unfortunately, I could not attend Vegas and sold my tickets on Fan to Fan.  I have yet to get paid by Ticketmaster for the sale. Will both I AND the buyer be refunded via our original purchase methods? Anybody have experience with this? Kind of a weird situation.  Thanks and stay well!
  • Options
    Salt_life23Salt_life23 Posts: 90
    Yeah I sold and bought new tickets in Vegas like 4 times, I would find a better seat and upgrade like I’m sure many people did. We get refunded for all tickets we sold right? Sounds like a dumb question but these tickets changed hands several times I’m sure

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,154
    edited May 2022
    SHZA said:
    I know it sucks.

Ah, so you must have been the one who caused them to make that post on FB saying ppl would be blocked for selling below face. It received nothing but outrage in response. Then right after, they posted that ppl were going to be blocked for selling above face, and deleted the previous post, which many took as a correction of that statement.
    But you're right, there's absolutely no 10C policy that prohibits reselling tickets for below face value. That's 100% a Ticketmaster/LiveNation policy that they put in place on their site so that they won't be undersold on unsold tickets (they do it for all shows, not just PJ). So, the admins here and on FB aren't upholding any 10C rules, they're just doing TM/LN dirty work for them.
    Yes, that was me. I enjoyed reading the outraged comments on Wishlist's "no sales below face" post even though I was blocked from commenting. 

Re the TM/LN policy and not being undersold on unsold tickets. Preventing sales below face doesn't really affect that. When all tickets are priced the same, we can assume that the best available seats are going to sell first. So fans who need to sell and have desirable seats aren't going to price below face, because their seats will sell at face. It's only the less desirable seats that have no chance of selling at face that need to have a lower price. Lowering the price on those seats, however, is not going to take business away from TM/LN, or even other fans. It's simply going to attract additional fans who wouldn't attend the event if tickets are $130, but will buy at a lower price point. The people who are willing to pay $130 for the most part will just get the best available seats instead of opting for worse seats to save $30. The TM/LN standard tickets in the less desirable sections have zero chance of selling at $130, so selling at $100 is not costing TM/LN any sales whatsoever. That's why the policy is so idiotic. You have more empty seats and lock in losses for fans who can't sell, yet there's no real benefit to TM/LN 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Mr. Fixer said:
    Unfortunately, I could not attend Vegas and sold my tickets on Fan to Fan.  I have yet to get paid by Ticketmaster for the sale. Will both I AND the buyer be refunded via our original purchase methods? Anybody have experience with this? Kind of a weird situation.  Thanks and stay well!
    I believe you are correct. We had this situation with the canceled Baltimore show, although they had paid out some of the F2F sales already by the time it was postponed and later canceled. If you had been paid already, they charged your credit card for the F2F sale and then refunded your original purchase method. If you had not been paid, you just got a refund on your card and presumably the F2F buyer's card was also credited. 
  • Options
    Hello My friends how is everybody and what concerts do you have coming up I will be at Camden and Tennessee
  • Options
    Got great seeds for Tennessee and I'm trying to get closer for Camden
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206
    Gonna be posting a pair of 10 club seated tickets soon if anyone would like to co-ordinate. 104/L/10,11.  Still looking for a pair of Hamilton if anyone can help me out. Cheers!
  • Options
    rylan said:
    Gonna be posting a pair of 10 club seated tickets soon if anyone would like to co-ordinate. 104/L/10,11.  Still looking for a pair of Hamilton if anyone can help me out. Cheers!
    For Camden?  I'm interested 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
  • Options
    rylan said:
    For Camden?  I'm interested 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
    Email me aubrey13echo@gmail.com
  • Options
    rylan said:
    There are two right now in section 102 front row behind the stage for Hamilton. 
  • Options
    pearljam92pearljam92 New Jersey Posts: 48
    Hello - anyone with a single or pair for MSG or Camden?   My Baltimore show was cancelled.  Thanks and have a good day. 
  • Options
    I assume there will be an uptick in available tickets being posted on F2F.  Stretching out my F5 finger now....
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    4 together in 103 lower bowl....ISO 2 GA

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 787
    TW150753 said:
    I assume there will be an uptick in available tickets being posted on F2F.  Stretching out my F5 finger now....
    Prob would be....but F2F seems to be down.  Can't list currently.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I have a Dummie Question. I had a wonderful fan transfer TM tickets to me for MSG however they can not be added to my wallet and there is no barcode.  Will those appear closer to the event? I thought I read that they would be on 9/8 but still the same transfer tix sitting there. Any ideas?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    SHZA said:
    I know it sucks.

I got the same message when I offered swag for any MSG extras which I did not realize was prohibited.  Still need a ticket but I am afraid I can only offer face value and my appreciation. 
  • Options
    Would love a single ticket anywhere for MSG. With no F2F for MSG, I'm F5'ing stubhub. Doh! 
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Sprunkn7 said:
    I have a Dummie Question. I had a wonderful fan transfer TM tickets to me for MSG however they can not be added to my wallet and there is no barcode.  Will those appear closer to the event? I thought I read that they would be on 9/8 but still the same transfer tix sitting there. Any ideas?
    If anyone cares the barcodes / wallet availability will be released at 7:30pm this evening.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Anyone have an extra MSG... Nothing poppin up .. was gonna just do it and go today
  • Options
    I have two lawn seats for Camden through vivid seats, if you are interested please email me.
  • Options
    Snagged an STL GA! For a friend. Can't believe it's less than a week out 
  • Options
    F2F is over, wow 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835
    SHZA said:
    F2F is over, wow 
    Are you going through a bit of F2F withdrawal? It’s definitely a high when you finally get a ticket you have been chasing. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    SHZA said:
    F2F is over, wow 
    Are you going through a bit of F2F withdrawal? It’s definitely a high when you finally get a ticket you have been chasing. 

It's coming back! https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-cure-tickets-non-transferrable-platinum-1234694347/
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,116
    PJNB said:
    Unfortunately, TM/LN decided they were gonna send me some 1099s anyway, even though I was below the threshold. So now I have to claim nearly $10k in transactions on my taxes. Probably won't owe much, since it was mostly F2F. But it's still a pain in the ass doing the paperwork.